Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters Most ❯ Disclosure ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimers: Firstly, I do not own Love Hina. That joy belongs to Ken Akamatsu, TV Tokyo, etc. Secondly, I do not own Harry Potter. Those beautiful works and characters belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Scholastic Press, etc.

Synopsis: This story occurs one month after the return of Keitaro and Naru from their wedding and honeymoon at the end of Love Hina Vol. 14 manga. Keitaro's identical brother Koga returns from England to Hinata House after finishing his magical education, for which he was disowned by his parents. Several characters from Harry Potter appear.

Note from Author: This is my first fic, hope you like it. Questions, comments, and light flames can be sent to eva_unit_01@earthlink.net.

Chapter 2: Disclosure

Koga leaned back in his seat in first class and sighed heavily, waiting for the plane to make its taxi and takeoff. For some reason, he had always enjoyed the thrill of having the massive 747 engines push him back in his seat. That feeling was the reason he had become attracted to Quidditch, becoming one of Gryffindor House's best chasers. Granted, the adrenaline of being on the field and having your name chanted back at you by all your best friends is one of the best highs there is. But for Koga, the feeling of flight itself was enough to get his blood boiling. As the plane manuvered onto the runway he remembered to call Hinata House again once the plane reached cruising altitude. It was 12:05 p.m. when he had called, meaning that in Japan it had been 9:05 p.m. when he had called. He vaguely tried to remember how long the flight was going to be and when he would arrive at Narita Airport in Tokyo.

"Oh right, 11 and a half hours. They better have a damn good in-flight movie or else I'm gonna be pissed." He smiled calmly and he felt himself pressed into the seat as the plane reached maximum takeoff speed. As he looked out the window to see the ground rapidly falling away he belatedly wondered how his brother would feel about him calling when he was already on the plane and returning was irreversible until landing. As he thought about it, he burst into uncontrollable laughing. The other passengers looked at him nervously as if he were insane. He saw their glances and tried to tie off his laughing, forcefully supressing it into an extra wide grin. He closed his eyes and imagined Keitaro's shocked face and nearly burst out in laughter again. "This is gonna be the best prank in history."

Once again, across the world and 11.5 hours away Keitaro woke up in Naru's room with Naru hovering anxiously over him.

"You alright Keitaro?" He sat up and shook his head to clear it.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine Naru. Just got some surprising news is all." She looked at him inquisitively. He got up and put his glasses back on.

"What kind of news?" Keitaro mumbled under his breath, knowing that the answer would more than likely send him into orbit. "What was that?" Naru inquired? Keitaro took a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

"My brother Koga called and told Su that he was flying over to see me." Surpisingly Naru didn't seem at all upset.

"Oh your brother's coming. That'll be nic-" The first part of her statement had finally sunk in. She looked Keitaro dead in the eye, "Your WHAT?". An evil red glow seemed to emanate from her body. Keitaro stepped back and searched for an exit, but before he could make for the hole in Naru's floor, she had delivered the most powerful weapon in the Narusegawa arsenal...the Thermonuclear Atomic Punch! Keitaro sailed upwards, breaking through the roof of the Hinata House and into the sky about 50 feet before descending again and landing right on top of the unfortunate Motoko who was contemplating her sword on the laundry deck. She grunted and pushed him off,

"Urashima, how dare you interrupt me in my hour of meditation." She drew her sword and before he could beg she had struck. "MOTOKO SLASH!" With a blaze of light Keitaro was blown off the laundry deck, bounced off a tree, and finally plummeted into the hot springs.

"I should thank the gods for my immortality someday." Keitaro ruminated as he achingly pulled himself out of the springs. He looked up to see Naru, Motoko, and the rest of the Hinata clan looming evilly above him. Seeing the looks on everyone's faces, he decided to come clean. He beckoned everyone to the living room and asked them all to sit down. He cleared his throat and began. "I have interesting news, whether it's good or bad remains to be seen. My brother is coming over." Kanako had just came in and overheard the last part.

"Koga is coming over?" She raised her eyebrow archly and Keitaro nodded. "That filth shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Hinata House. I'm sure you remember why he was disowned." Keitaro sighed irritably at his adopted sister.

"Of course I remember, he went overseas to study. That's why." She nodded and turned to the rest,

"Our father saw it as a betrayal when he got the offer to study overseas. Koga said he didn't want to take over the family confectionary. And since Koga was his favorite, he saw it as a slap in the face and an injury to the family honor." Keitaro finished for her,

"Koga was disowned when he was 11 years old. After that, he went to England to study." Kanako nodded,

"And that's why he will never set foot in this house." She stomped firmly, as if to cement her position on the subject. Keitaro bit his lip hard, holding back the words he so desperately wanted to say.

"Only in your opinion, but I am the landlord here and Koga is my twin brother. He will always be welcome here, even if you don't like it." He spat the last remark out with a viciousness that stunned Kanako and the rest. He sighed, trying to control his emotions again. "There's nothing wrong with Koga, he just didn't wanna follow in Dad's footsteps. Neither do I, but even though, I live a good life. I'm married to a beautiful woman, I live with a few more. I run an apartment building, and I have a fun job where I dig and look for stuff all day. My life is perfect." Naru smiled and hugged him. Kanako gave him the evil eye,

"Watch him be a useless slacker who drinks all day and bets on horses or something."

"Hey Keitaro, if he's single, can I have him?" Kitsune said, sporting a smile that was hurting the back of her head. He sweatdropped and Naru gave her the evil eye.