Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ My Love, Return To Me ❯ Worthy ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Rayearth, and quite frankly, I don't know who does, but I sure as hell don't.
notes: I realized in the last chapter I forgot to tell you what some Japanese words I used were. It's something I'm experimenting. Here's the index for this chapter. I edited the last one to include one.
Japanese: English

masaka: Could it be!?




Chapter Four:


Fuu stared dumbly at the man before her.
"Masaka? Mokona-san!?" She said gasping. "But. . . How did you get here!?"
Mokona smiled at the formal Emerald Knight. "It seems, Fuu-chan, you have figured me out!"
"W-what are you doing here?" Fuu said. "I mean, I am very happy that you are here Mokona-san, but why?"
Mokona gave her a mischievous smile. "To make you happy."
Mokona&rs quo;s eyes looked her over. "You've changed much, my friend."
"A s have you!" Fuu seemed in a state of shock after realizing Mokona was in the shape of a human. "You're a human!"
"M ore like a powerful wizard." He said. "I was placed in the body of Mokona to please Princess Emeraude because my powers were limited when in that form." He paused. "Perhaps we should round up everyone and then talk."
"Ind eed!"
Mokona went one way, and Fuu went another. Each with different things running turbulently through their heads.
&nbs p; * ; * ; * ; & nbsp; * & nbsp; *

Umi and Hikaru waited at the cabin watching Fuu pace.
Umi was reminded of the time she paced while waiting for Hikaru's swift return ten years ago in Cephiro. With a smile, Umi called out, "Teleport yourself over there Fuu?"
Fuu glanced at where she was. With a smile, she said "So it seems!"
Hikaru seemed blissfully unhindered by Fuu's nervousness. Her short red hair wild as she asked Fuu, "What are you waiting for?"
"An old friend." Fuu answered. One that we all know.
Umi brushed her old hair out of her way. "Who?"
&ldq uo;You'll see."
Umi gave her a suspicious look. "Very suspicious, aren't you Fuu?"
A knock sounded on the door. Hikaru leapt up and bound for the door of the cabin, Umi and Fuu smiled at her anxiousness.
When she opened the door, she swore she saw Eagle for the briefest of moments. But, before Hikaru, stood another man. His hair was a shade of pink, with silver threaded through. His eyes were twin pools of mercury. His flesh was pale, and his smile was genuine.
"Hell o, Hikaru-chan! " The man said in a different language. Fuu and Umi recognized the sounds, Fuu already knew the man, and Umi just realized it. The moment these words fell from his lips, the two only heard, "Puu puu puu puu puu!!
"Hello Mokona!" Hikaru answered back cheerfully, instinctively, she hugged him.
Mokona's eyes widened, then softened as he hugged her back. "You're the small one now, Hikaru-chan."
Hik aru realized now, she was hugging a man. But, the softness she felt was still Mokona. He was hardened though, as a human. It radiated from him, and he still smelled like Mokona. Clean and fresh.
Pear, Les, Aya, and Ian were behind him.
"Mokona!&rdq uo; Pear snapped. "Move!"
Mok ona rolled his eyes and turned around. "I'm in no rush."
Pear stuck out her tongue. "Nngh!"
Mok ona laughed. He still held Hikaru, Hikaru used to the presence of Mokona smiled. "So, who are they?"
Aya looked at her with wide eyes. "You mean, you do not remember us, Magic Knights?"
Umi suddenly realized why they seemed so familiar! Her eyes widened in shock as she realized who the three boys were! She remembered them! She remembered Les!
She bolted up from her chair, and walked stiffly over to Les. He was her height, so she stared into eyes of pale ice, that were shades lighter than her own. She brushed his hair aside, and whispered. "Selece?"
H ikaru gasped. "Then. . . Then that means?" She ran to Aya, a tall thirteen year old who was equal in height with Hikaru, she hugged him, tears stinging her eyes as she cried with joy.
"Magic Knight. . ." Rayearth said, gently patting her, "Hikaru, don't cry. . . Please don't cry. . ."
"But. . .I'm so glad you're here!" She looked into the ageless mashin's eyes. "But, how did you get here?"
&nbs p; Rayearth patted her back, rubbing small circles. Smiling down at Hikaru, he said, "Our master shall tell you in a moment."
"M aster?" she turned, "You mean. . .? Mokona?"
Fuu shook Ian's hand. "It's finally nice to meet you, face to face on equal footing, Windam."
Windam blushed. "I'm glad you think so, Magic Knight. Fuu."
Fuu smiled sweetly at her new friend. "Please," She said so all of them could hear, "Won't you come inside and make yourself comfortable!" She began to play hostess, a familiarity that made Umi smile, and calm.
When everyone sat down, Mokona's face was serious, his steely eyes cool and calm. Much like Umi's as he asked, "What would you say if I asked you how much you loved the men you left behind in Cephiro?"
The three women paused. Stunned, momentarily before a warmth settled around them, and they closed their eyes smiling tenderly.
Hikaru spoke first. "I loved my friends fiercely, for they have fought with me, traveled with me, laughed with me, and hurt with me." She looked into Mokona's eyes, a light that was there so many years ago returned as she gazed at him. A fire that burned with love and affection. "But, I loved that man for no reason my heart could give me. And I have tried to stop myself, but found I could not. I remembered thinking, 'I'd rather not have met him, than love him for no reason I could name!" She shook her head. "But now, I want to see him again. I want to love him. Before he even gave me this," She held up her pendant, holding it to her heart. "I would have lived an eternity of loving him, rather than a minute of not knowing him."
Mokona and the others smiled as tears of happiness fell down her cheeks. "I want to love him, for no reason at all if it means so."
Fuu spoke next. "Thief. Liar. That was what I thought he was. Even under the pretense though, I still found myself captivated by him, the way his golden eyes would shine as he looked at me. So full of life, and eventually love. I found my heart slipping into a place so unfamiliar to me, so mysterious, that I was afraid at first." She closed her eyes, and covered something that was in her hand. "But then, that night, that night when I felt he had betrayed me, the night I felt he lied to me, I cursed him for stealing my heart. I rescued him. I didn't want him to die. I knew we would leave eventually, but as long as I knew he lived, I was happy, knowing the man I would die for was alive." Her eyes opened, and deep within her eyes, emerald eyes filled with secrets that blew across time and space to her ears alone, those same eyes that lit up with intelligence when Mokona first saw her, was truth. "I knew we would leave. Eventually. I wouldn't fool myself, so I tried not to love him. Time and time again I tried. But I failed. And I'm glad I did. For I would not lie to myself. For I value myself most above anything else. For if something happened to me, my friends would cry, my family would mourn. I do not want that. But, for him I would have died. I would have risked the tears of family and friends." She smiled and held out the pink gem. "For him, I would give my life."
Mokona smiled as the room was filled with the love the two women shared for their men, a love that was wholeheartedly returned, to their knowledge. The last, Umi struggled as she warred with the sensations in her.
Fuu and Hikaru thought she loved Ascot. Umi knew that. She looked up at Mokona and wondered, Does he know who I love? Does he know my heart belongs to someone dear?
"And you, Umi?" Mokona's eyes were cold as hers cleared with a realization. "What about the man you love?"
Umi couldn't stop herself. "I don't know when it was that I loved him. Nor did I know why. I loved him, and worried for him, and wanted nothing more than to make him happy with me, to make him proud of me. I wanted him to look at me the way the other boys did." She was surprised at her immaturity then. "But as I grew, I wanted him to be happy. I wanted his happiness over mine. And I knew what he wanted." She laughed with the rejection she had felt. "He probably loved Presea, and had no qualms with her age, since it was near his, and she wasn't immature like I was. But," She sighed. "I couldn't hate Presea. I knew who was better, and for that I respected her. I never thought any less of myself either, more that I thought he didn't want a girl like me." Her voice trailed off as she remembered something from so long ago. "Yet," Umi's voice, and her story had brought tears to her eyes. Mokona seemed coldly unaware as he just stared at her. "I felt love and warmth for him. Yes," she said as her friends eyes widened. "As Hikaru would rather not be with her love, than not know him, and Fuu would rather die than not love him, I, Umi Ryuuzaki, would rather have his happiness than his love. As long as a smile lit his face, as long as his eyes were twinkling, I found I could love him without feeling the pain I had felt when he asked me not to love him. Just because he says he doesn't want it, doesn't mean I won't."
Fuu and Hikaru knew immediately whom she had fallen in love with.
Mokona and his other companions wore faces of deep thought. Then, without warning, Pear spoke. "Lantis is not yours Hikaru."
Hikaru looked up, her eyes wide with the violence that was heard in the other girls voice. "N-nani?" Hikaru's eyes widened with surprise as the knowledge of what she said seeped in. "What do you mean, 'Lantis is not mine?"
Pear&rsquo ;s eyes shimmered with such rage and fury, Hikaru shrunk away from the hatred that shined there.

"Yo u can never have him."