Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Only You I Desire ❯ Heart of Fire ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Only You I Desire

E-chan Hidaka

Editing by: Alley Cat

Disclaimer: I do not own anything expect the story and my made up characters. So please do not sue me because I'm broke as a bum, I had to borrow from my own siblings.

Couples: U/C, H/L, F/F and many more…

Setting: Alternative Universe

Genre: Romance/ Action/ Angst/ Humor

Rated: G but in the upcoming chapters maybe R for sexual contain and foul language.

Inspiration to type this chapter: The Madonna song "Die Another Day"

I want to thank all the people who inspiring me to continue to type this fanfic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

Chapter 4// Heart of Fire

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." - Barbara De Angelic

She was dressed in black pantaloons with a loose red tank top hiding her womanly curves and black boots. She had her hair loosely tied over her shoulder with a bandana on her head making her look more like a young lad. She walked into the stable and walked up to her prize possession, her black stallion 'Fiery'. She straddled her horse and rode off into the sunset.

She walked into the tavern like she owned it. People would whisper to each other about her as she passed by them. She took a seat at the bar. "Hey Red, the usual?" The bartender asked her.

"Yes," she said gruffly. The bartender slid her drink towards her. She caught it easily and smoothly as she watched people interact with each other in the tavern. She nodded her thanks to the bartender and stood up from the bar. She walked toward the back where all the gamblers were playing their pathetic games of poker. She pushed a bald headed guy out of her way. The bald guy hollered but as he turned around to give a nice right hook to the person who shoved him, she blocked it. The guy was shocked. It was Red. He should've known.

"Oh, hey Red, sorry about that," He muttered getting out her way. One of the players got out their seats and she took it. They dealt a new hand.

"Fold or in?" she asked the person next to her. She raised her eyebrow while eyeing the player. The player quivered at her stare.

"Fold…" he gave in throwing his cards face down the table.

"What about you Tú? Are you in or out?" She questioned the big guy to her left. Tú eyes were bottling from side to side. "Err…in." She smiled at him.

"What a good man…Tú. I raise the stake to 1000 wongs." She said with confidence. Two other guys backed out. "Tú, in or out?" She grinned.

"In." he reply throwing 1000 wongs on the table.

"You first." She said.

"Full house! Read and weep Red." He laughed.

"Oh, you beat me fair and square." She said. Tú started to collect his winnings. "Oh, wait I was just kidding Tú, four of a kind." She smiled while Tú looked at the four aces and one queen. Red's cards beat his full house even though it was three kings and a pair of jacks. She took the winnings out his hands. "Maybe next time you'll have better luck." She said happily. Tú grumble and stood up from his chair.

"Next time Red, I'll beat you." He told her.

"You can try." She replied. He walked away and out of the bar. "Next player!" She shouted. She looked at all them.

"Red won't know what hit him," someone said, whispering to his friend who was standing next to him. They had begun to laugh a little. "Hey Red! I take you up on your challenge."

"All right Jyou." She grinned at the man as he sat down at the table. "Try your luck."

"Don't worry Red, I'm going to win tonight." Jyou smirked. She shuffled the cards. A waitress came by and put some drinks on the table.

"Cut the deck, Kaye, sugar," she said and grinned at the waitress. "Please…" The waitress took the deck out of her hands and cut the deck. She placed the deck back in her hands. "Thanks sugar." She said and winked at the waitress.

"Anything for you Red." Kaye replied shyly and walked away. She shuffled once more before handing out the cards to each player.

"Red, you got all the girls swooning after you again," Jyou pointed out.

"Ugh…what can I say?" she replied. "Heh… it's a curse." Jyou raised his eyebrow in suspension.

A figure that sat across on the other side of the tavern watched the verbal assault go on from afar. The same waitress who was at the poker table came to his.

"Can I get you something sir?" she asked.

"Ice cold vodka." He said looking upon the waitress. She blushed scarlet across her beautiful face.

"I'll be back with your drink sir," She replied. She walked away from him to fetch his drink. He watched the waitress walk away. Once again his attention was drawn to the spunky red headed guy who had the _expression he had the game in the bag. But he noticed the other player sneak something up his sleeve. The other guy was cheating! And the red head was being set up.

"Fold or in Jyou?" she smiled widely.

"In Red. And I raise you 3000 wongs." He replied back.

"Are you sure that you want to do that, Jyou?" she asked him. He nodded his head. He's not kidding. She thought herself. "All right." She threw 3000 wongs on the table. She laid out her cards, a royal flush. Jyou grinned at Red.

"You cheater!" Jyou yelled. "How can you have a royal flush when I have the ace of hearts?" Jyou showed her his full house, two aces and three kings. And one of the aces was the ace she had in her royal. She looked at Jyou with confusion. How can this be happening? She thought herself. "You've been cheating us all Red!" Jyou accused. The other players looked at her with confusion and disgust. Jyou grabbed onto one of her tank top straps. "Caught you red handed Red." He said.

"No, I didn't cheat! This got to must be an mistake!" she argued back.

"All lies!" Jyou spit back. She tried to free herself from his grip.

--RIP-- Her shirt ripped. She grasped in embarrassment. "YOU'RE a GIRL!" he said looking at her in shock. The young man who was watching them from a far spit out his vodka as he found out that the he was a she in disguise. With one hand she held onto her shirt, trying to cover herself from all the goggling eyes that looked at her.

--SLAP-- She slapped Jyou with her free hand. Jyou growled at her. "Why you little bitch!" he snapped pushing away the table that was between them. She quickly got into a fighting stance still holding on to her shirt. Jyou smirked at her. "Maybe later you and I can have some fun?" She spat at him in disgust.

"Screw you jerk!" she hissed back while Jyou wiped the spit off his face. Jyou's face turned red. He threw the first punch. She ducked quickly and jabbed him in the gut. Jyou folded forward, the next thing he knew his face met with one of her booted feet.

"I never cheated!" She gave him a right hook. Jyou stumbled backwards. She sighed in relief. But the next thing she knew, she was pinned to the floor. Jyou had charged at her. She tried to push him off her.

"Now you'll learn your place!" he laughed in her face. Red could smell his bad breathe with its mixture of beer and other alcohols. She turned her head. She screamed and kneed him with all her strength in the stomach. He groaned. She quickly stood up and backed away from him. Then someone wrapped his or her arms around her neck. Red struggled to get free.

"That's what you get for messing with my partner Red." He told her. "Boy, you smell good…" She cringed in detest. Then she fell his tongue running down her neck. "And you taste sweet as honey."

She closed her eyes. She couldn't believe this happening to her. And why wasn't any one helping her, they just stood there, watching. She hated them all! Her capturer's grip loosened on her neck. She slowly opened her ruby eyes and met a violet gaze looking straight at her. She was taken aback by her savior's beautiful eyes. She never had seen them before. He was handsome; with bright fiery red hair that went with his breathe taking eyes. Her savior put his black rob around her shoulders, covering the top half of her body.

"Get her!" Jyou's partner shouted to the rest of the tavern people. "She been cheating and taking our money!" he roared. Men started to surround her and her savior.

Red squinted her eyes in anger. She would never cheat in a million years! One of the men lunged at her. She high kicked him in the face, making the man fall flat on his back. The man groaned in pain. Two more men charged at her. It looked like they were going to close line her, but she thought ahead and quickly ducked, did the splits, and then tripped them. She got back up and dodged every attacker that was after her.

Her punches were as hot as fire making her opponents feel like they were burned at her touch. She wasn't paying attention as an attack came from behind. Her savior came to the rescue again, pulling her out the way and into his warm embrace.

"Thank you." She said softly to him.

"Don't thank me yet. We still have to get out of here." He told her. He spun her out his embrace, still holding her hand.

Red got the idea what of he was doing. She kicked the oncoming attacker in the mid-section. He moaned in agony. She let go of her savior's hand and did a back handspring and elbowed another man in the face. She looked at her savior who was doing fine on his own. Seeing her looking at him, he nodded. She understood what he was signaling. She ran towards him and he launched herself into the air.

"Hiya!" she screamed and gave a roundhouse kick the last opponent. The man folded and hit the tavern's floor. When she landed and looked at all the people asking them silently if they wanted anymore. They looked away and went on with their business.

"Jerks!" she said and spit on the floor. She wiped her face with her forearm. Her savior stood next to her.

"I think you should apology to her. She wasn't cheating at all. I saw him pull out something out of his sleeve." He pointed at Jyou who was groaning in pain on the floor. All the players looked Jyou with an evil glare. Jyou backed up slowly until he was against a wall. The players attacked him. After that all the men paid their apologies to her, Red forgave them and took her winnings. She walked out of the tavern as her savior called out to her. She looked back at him and waited for him to catch up to her.

"Thank you for saving me…" she said politely.

"Haru." He replied.

"Yes, thank you for saving me Haru." She said again.

"Aren't you going to tell me what's your name Miss?" he asked.

"I'm trying to figure if you're worthy of knowing my name," she told him. Then she smiled. "Maybe the next time you rescue me, I'll tell you my name." She whistled for her horse. Fiery came galloping to her and she prepared to mount. She started to take off the robe the man had covered her up in, but he stopped her. She looked at him quizzically.

"Keep it. Give it back when I rescue you again and when you tell me your name," Haru said. She didn't know what happened next, but she felt his soft lips against hers. Her heart was fluttering. He looked into her ruby eyes and softly caressed her cheek. "Until next time, my vixen." He said, and walked away from her in the opposite direction.

What the hell just happened!? She thought to herself. He had kissed her! Oh my goodness! She touched her lips as if she could still feel Haru's lips upon hers. She jumped onto her horse and galloped away from the tavern. Soul-searching blue eyes watched her fade away into the distance.

***

"Hikaru, where were you?" Presea asked as Hikaru came into the kitchen.

"The tavern." She replied putting down the sack of winnings she had acquired that night.

"Hikaru-chan, I told you to stay away from there. Its so un-lady like." Presea scolded her.

"Yes, I know…" Hikaru replied carelessly. "I'm tried, I'm going to bed." She walked out of the kitchen. Presea sighed with worry.

Hikaru closed then locked her door after she entered her room. She took off the black robe and hung it on her vanity chair. She stripped out her shirt and pants, and replaced her clothing with her nightwear. She got under the covers of her bed and stared at the ceiling. What was the kiss about? She thought to herself. And why did my heart beat so fast like that? She thought. Slowly she drifted off to sleep, still pondering as to why Haru had kissed her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

To be continued….

Author's note: I hoped you'd enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry there wasn't any other couples then her. But the next chapter is going to be about the water princess… so stay tune for the next chapter. Oh yeah, please review this! Or else I'll stop this fanfic!

Next Chapter: Chapter 5// Sea of Emotions

What are you doing! Click the review button already!

Questions or anything email me: echan_Hidaka@yahoo.com

Also join my yahoo group to know my updates or new fanfics coming out. Go to my fanfic account and their should be a link to my yahoo group. Well ja ne!

E-chan Hidaka 11-1-02

Extra notes-- to my buddy and editor Alley Cat! I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter!