Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 1

Kyle Lantis McKnight had been wakened from a very weird dream; he preferred to leave his eyes closed though in hope to catch some more sleep. "Master Kyle…" he felt someone softly shook his arm. "Master Kyle…we'll be arriving in a few minutes…" Slowly he opened his eyes and found himself sitting next to an old man. He looked around him and it was then when he remembered that he was on board a plane.

"I apologize for disturbing your sleep, Master Kyle," the old man said.

"It's alright Jean…" he replied to his butler. "Has everything been arranged Jean?"

"Yes Master Kyle, the new chauffer would be picking us up when we get to Japan. Your lawyer had everything ready as you had told him to---The servants…err…help had been hired, your school had been informed, your new mansion had been bought, and is fully furnished."

"Good…" Kyle said with a yawn.

Jean looked at his young master with affection and pity. 'No matter how much he acts as if he's an adult, with adult responsibilities on his hands, he's still a 17 year old boy. Maybe the richest 17-year-old boy in the whole world…but he still looks sad…very lonely…and very detached. He had been like that since his parents died.'

"Is there something else you want to tell me Jean?" the young master asked when he noticed the old man looking at him.

"No…nothing at all Master Kyle…"

"Oh…one more thing Jean…did the package reach Japan safely?"

"The package…? Oh yes! The package! Yes Master Kyle. It had been transported with some museum pieces from England that was to be displayed in Japan. Of course it would be delivered at the mansion instead. It was done as you have instructed."

"Good…" They were both referring to a sword. A very valuable one…And even though it had lasted from generations to generations, it still looked brand new.

It wasn't long until the stewardess had announced their arrival in Japan. 'Finally…Japan…'

* * *

Hikaru whistled happily as she walked on her way to school. She spotted a kitten in the middle of the road, which she approached. "Hey, you shouldn't be here…you might got run over…" she murmured. It was after she picked it up when she heard a loud beep and saw a truck coming towards her in full speed. Her eyes widened as if in shock and her body refused to move no matter how many times she commands it to. Still cuddling the kitten in her arms, she closed her eyes and waited for the impact.

But the impact didn't come. Instead, she felt herself being lifted up and carried to safety. It was only then when she finally opened her eyes. Piercing violet orbs met her own, and she found herself blushing at the sight of the good-looking young man carrying her. "Are you alright?" the youth asked her. She found herself too mesmerized with the deep, handsome voice that she didn't realize that the man was actually talking to her in English.

The man might have misinterpreted her silence to unfamiliarity to his language, so he decided to speak in Japanese. "Daijoubu ka?"

By then, all Hikaru could do was nod. She had to mentally kick herself before she was finally able to answer properly. "H-hai…daijoubu." The young man then gently put her down and stared at the kitten she was still cuddling. "A-anou…I was going to…the kitten…is…uhm…don't want the kitten to get run over…hmm…I…" she suddenly heard herself babble some kind of explanation…which turned out to be hopelessly confusing.

"Be careful next time," he simply told her.

She nodded and put the kitten back on the ground. She was about to thank her savior when she realized it was too late. He's already gone.

* * *

Hikaru arrived to room 3-1 just in time and was greeted by her friends, Chiharu and Keiko. She ended up telling them about her little adventure that morning.

"Hehhhh??? Really???" Chiharu exclaimed.

"Really…"

"You say the boy was wearing our school uniform and the same age as ours?"

"Yes, but I don't know him…"

"Well…that's something new, you know almost everybody in our high school," Keiko said. It was true, Hikaru knows almost everybody in their school, especially her co-seniors. She's the most friendly 3rd year high school student in the academy after all.

"Maybe he's a transfer student or something…He sounds foreign…but speaks Japanese quite well…"

"Sugooii…"

Their conversation was interrupted when their teacher, Kobayashi-sensei, entered the room. "Before anything else, I would like to inform you that we have a new student from England to be joining our class…You can enter now…" he said, referring to a person standing outside the open door.

Hikaru's eyes widened when she saw the young dark-haired man walk in front of the class. "I am Kyle McKnight. I'm eighteen years old. Pleased to meet you all," he said, ending his self-introduction with the usual Japanese bow.

"You can sit behind Shidou-san…Shidou-san, will you please raise your hand so that Mr. McKnight can see where he's supposed to go."

Hikaru then weakly raised her hand. Again, their eyes met…She felt it was her chance to actually thank him and so she mouthed an 'Arigatou' on his way. He in turn faintly nodded at her.

* * *

Kyle decided to have his lunch sitting underneath one of the cherry-blossom trees near their building. He hadn't made friends at school just yet…not that he planned to. He didn't had any close friends in his old school in England either…his old classmates were just either too cocky or just simply gay. Not that he's a homophobic or something, he just couldn't take the looks they'd been sending his way. What else would you expect from an exclusive boarding school for boys?

He spotted something packed in his lunchbox that made him frown. 'Dessert,' he thought and rolled his eyes. He had always hated sweet stuff…and Jean knows that. 'Probably that's the reason why it's here…' Jean always does tease him about his abhorrence on sweets. 'That old man must be grinning like a fool right now…'

"Hello…" He quickly left his own thoughts and looked at the person in front of him. "Did I disturb you?" It was the girl he saved earlier that day.

"No."

"Anou…I saw you eating here all by yourself and I figured that you might need some company…I mean, my friends are over there and you're welcome to join us…" she said, pointing at the group of boys and girls sitting underneath another tree a few meters away.

"You're Shidou-san right?"

"Hai. Please do call me Hikaru, everybody does…err…Makunaito-san?"

"It's Kyle…"

"Kai-ru?"

"Kyle…Lantis…"he said, surprised at himself at mentioning his second name to a stranger. He had never included his second name when introducing to someone…He never let anybody call him 'Lantis' since his parents died.

"Kailu Lantis." He smiled briefly at the girl's best attempt in pronouncing his English name… "So Lantis-kun, would you like to join us?"

"No…I…"

For a moment there, he thought he saw Hikaru frown, but it was too brief, that again, a huge friendly smile appeared on her face. "Ah! Forgive me, I should have known you do not like to be with many people."

"It is nothing…If you want, you can join me…" Again, Kyle was surprised by his own words. He had never invited anybody to accompany him…especially a girl. "…That is, if your friends do not mind…"

"Sure. It is not really a problem with them. They know that you are just new here and well, it's kind of like my job to make the transferees comfortable in the school…Wait here Lantis-kun, I'll just get my lunch-pack." With that, Hikaru left him alone, very much astonished ---She just called him 'Lantis-kun', but that was not the reason he was shocked…it was because she called him that, and he didn't seem to mind.

~*.^.*~

AUTHOR'S NOTES: First chappie…yey! I hope that people would read this thing…hmm…Reviews, reviews onegai!!! Hmm…enuff for now…gotta go and do some other stuff…