Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ferio looked around him and sighed as he walked down the school corridor. 'Man, this sucks...It seems like everybody knows everybody around here.' He held his registration paper in his hand and stared at it. He then looked to the sign on top of the door in front of him. "Class 1-A huh?" he told himself. He took a deep breath before opening the door and getting in.

He must have stood there for quite sometime that one of the 2 guys to his left approached him. "Oi...you ok?" He found himself nod at the lavender-haired guy. "I'm Clef and this is my friend Ascot," Clef said, pointing at the young man beside him who had what looks like overgrown bangs. "You can take that chair beside us if you want, it's vacant."

"Thanks," he said. "I am Ferio. I'm very nervous, as you might have noticed. I'm originally from Italy see, and I just moved here two months ago."

"Your Japanese sounds good though," Ascot told him.

"My mother is Japanese, so I learned how to speak the language when I was young. I had kind of forgotten how to since I stopped speaking it for quite a while. Took those crash courses in some language school though..."

"Cool...like you, we are foreigners. I'm Scandinavian and he's from Germany," Clef informed him. "But we have lived in Japan for years already. I've been here since I was three, while Ascot moved here with his parents in his grade school years."

"You can hang out with us, if you don't have a group to belong to," Ascot said. "We can show you around after school and such. I bet you didn't have much time sight-seeing with those lingo-schools."

"Thanks a lot," Ferio muttered. 'Hey, I actually met some people I actually got along with.'

The noisiness of the classroom was replaced by silence for a while when the three girls in front of them entered. That was until the shortest among them, a girl with red, pigtailed hair gave a big smile and then said in a loud chirpy voice, " Good morning classmates!!!" The rest of the class, to their own surprise, muttered the greeting back, and couldn't help but stare at the three.

"Wow Hikaru-san, that was quite an entrance," the pretty girl with glasses who is with her said.

"You really think so?" Hikaru asked, biting her lips.

"Kind of took too much attention," the girl with the blue hair said. "Look they're staring at us."

"Aww...Did I make you feel uncomfortable Umi-chan?"

"Just don't do it again..." Umi told her.

"I didn't expect her to be our classmate," Ferio heard Ascot say.

"Yes me neither..." Clef said.

"Which one?" Ferio asked.

"Miss Ryuuzaki. The beautiful one with the long blue hair," Ascot replied, getting starry-eyed. "Isn't she pretty? *sigh*

Clef hit the back of Ascot's head. "Enough daydreaming, twerp!"

"Was she you're classmate in junior high?" Ferio asked.

"Not really. We went to the same school though," Clef answered him. "It's a wonder that she is actually with a new crowd. She used to be one of the 'elite' in our school before. You know, the "in-group". After a while her "so-called friends" started to get jealous and spread rumors about her. Since then, most of the time she spent her time alone."

" She is really nice, actually. One time, she helped me when I was cleaning in the library..."Ascot said.

" She just offered to give u the book you dropped, baka!" Clef snapped at Ascot, gritting his teeth.

"How about the other girls, you know them?"

"Wait, they do look awfully familiar..." Ascot said.

"The one with the pigtail is Hikaru Shidou, the other one with the glasses is Fuu Huouji," the young man behind them said. He is wearing this awful- looking hat, and looks a little bit short for his age.

"How did you know?" Clef eyed him suspiciously. "And why are you eavesdropping?"

"Hey! I can't help hearing your conversation, you know. And besides, I knew who they are so I told you."

"What's your name?"

"Zazu Torque. Call me Zazu."

"I'm Ferio."

"Ascot here."

"Clef."

"I know Hikaru-chan since she's from my school, and I know Huouji-san because she and I tied at the Young Citizens' Science Competition last year."

"Zazuuu-kunnnnnnn!!!!" they heard the short girl said, dragging the other two girls behind her as she come towards them. "Hey! I didn't notice that you're here!" Zazu just smiled and started scratching his head in a silly manner.

"Ohhhhh! Now I remember, Fuu Huouji is the one who topped the entrance exams!" Ascot exclaimed, blushing when he realized that he had spoken too loud.

"Please mister, not so loud!" Fuu said, blushing herself. Ferio couldn't help stare at what it seemed to him as the most beautiful face he had ever seen.

"Oh by the way Hikaru-chan, this is Ferio, Clef and Ascot," Zazu said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hikaru Shidou."

"Waahh!!! I remember her also!!! She is the Interschool Kendo Competition gold medallist for the women's category for 3 consecutive years!!!"

"Hey! You're that guy from the library!" Umi said, pointing at Ascot. "And you're that grumpy man with him!!!" this time, pointing at Clef.

"It's Clef!" Clef informed her. "And don't make it sound as if I'm too old!"

"I am glad you remembered me, Miss Ryuuzaki," Ascot said blushing. "And you can call me Ascot."

"I am very honored to meet you. My name is Fuu Huouji," Fuu introduced herself as gave a very polite bow.

"Ferio, at your service, fair madam," Ferio said as he took Fuu's hand and kissed it.

"Man, he's smooth...If only I can be like that, then I can date girls taller than me..." Zazu whined to himself.

* * *

"Good Morning class, I am your advisor, Emeraude Vendeli and I will be teaching you English and Literature."

"Waaahhh!!!! You're.....you'reeeee...." Ferio exclaimed out loud, pointing at the new advisor.

"And you're..." the advisor said, getting a bit teary-eyed, but then managed to regain her composure. She cleared her throat and said, "It is nice to see you after a long time Mr. Vendeli."

"MR. VENDELI???"

"I didn't know you are already married, Ferio-san," Fuu said.

"No I am not! She's my sister!!!"

A knock was heard at the door and the Head Master, Zagato Sol, entered. "Miss Vendeli, I need you in my office now."

"Yes Sol-sensei. I'll be back in a while guys." "Hey, I didn't know that you have a sister working in this school."

"I didn't either."

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"

"Hey, I haven't seen her for a long time. My mother took her along when she went back to Japan. My parents got divorced while I was just 10, see."

"I am very sorry about that Ferio-san," Fuu told him, with a voice full of compassion.

'Waaahhh!!! As long as I have a girl like that gets sorry for me every time something bad happens in my life, I wouldn't mind being the most unlucky guy in the whole world,' Ferio thought to himself. 'Okay, so I don't mean that...But she's so sweet...'

Suddenly, the door was burst open by the girl with a wavy blue hair and then entered the room. She looked so tired and out of breath...and very, very angry. "That Eagle Vision is going to pay!!!!" they heard her say.

* * *

"Miss Emeraude, I am very concerned when I learned that you actually have you're long-lost brother in your class," Zagato said. "I would want to hear from you if that would be affecting your performance as an advisor. Don't get me wrong, I know that you are very professional when it comes to teaching, it is just that I also know, that such things really can be stressful."

"I don't think it is much of a problem, really."

"Alright then, if you say so. But if ever I need to transfer the boy to another class, just let me know."

"I can assure you, sir, that won't be necessary."

"Very well, that's all Miss Emeraude." Emeraude stood up to leave and was about to open the door when Zagato said, "Oh and Miss Emeraude, do you have any plans for tonight?"

* * *

"Waaaaahhhh Umi-chan!!! I forgot to give my brother's lunch box to him before we parted this morning!!! I have to go and bring this to him."

"Would you want us to go with you, Miss Hikaru?" Fuu asked.

"No its fine really. You two eat already, I'll just come back ok?" Before either of Fuu or Umi could react, Hikaru was already running away from their sight. "Gotta hurry! Gotta hurry!" she told herself. Then she suddenly stopped. 'Where is the seniors' building again?' Hikaru sighed and scolded herself, 'Hikaru no baka, now you're gonna take really long! Oh well...' she shrugged and started running again. 'I'll just find someone who I can ask...' Maybe out of her thinking too much, that she hadn't notice that she'd actually trip into something. She nearly fell flat on her face if only the guy, now underneath her, hadn't tried catching her.

"Are you alright, miss?" said the young man. She didn't mean to look into the guy's eyes but the moment she did, she was lost in them. It was a deep shade of purple. "Miss..."

At that moment she finally realized where she was. She hurriedly stood up and apologized, "I am very sorry, err..." she took time analyzing his features; short, jet-black hair, very tall, and obviously, not a freshman. "...sempai."

"Are you okay, Miss?" someone from behind them asked. And when she turned around to answer him, again, she was lost. Deep brown eyes...silver hair...

"I think she is still in shock..."

"Are you hurt, Miss?"

'Snap out of it Hikaru!' she scolded himself. "I apologize for being so careless, ano, sempai. I am just in a hurry to bring my brother's lunch box you see. He's in class 3-C."

"Its alright. You are a freshman, right? I am Eagle Vision and this one is Lantis Kyle Sol," the one with the silver hair asked.

"Are you sure you are okay?" the one called Lantis said.

Hikaru nodded and smiled, " I am very glad to meet you, sempai. I am Hikaru Shidou. Anyway I have to run...See you!!!"

She was about to go when Lantis caught her by the hand and informed her, "You are going the wrong way."

"Oh! I guess I am," Hikaru mumbled, biting her lips.

"I think we'd better go with her, eh Lantis?"

Lantis nodded.

"Oh no! I don't want to be a bother!"

"You're not being a bother. Let's go," Lantis said.