Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The day had passed smoothly among the students of Sefiro High School. And almost all students of class 1-A know each other by know, saying goodbye's to their old and new found friends. They were very cheerful, according to Miss Emeraude's observation, and had not complained when she gave them their first assignment. She had also noticed, that the kids were actually heading to the library to be able to have their work done.

She looked out of the window, and sighed. She wished she had made her brother stay after class. She wanted to make up time for the two of them to be together and ask how he and their father had been doing. "Ahem..." She was too engrossed in her own thoughts that she hasn't noticed that she is actually not alone anymore. "Why...Sol-sensei."

"So have you thought about what I have asked?"

"Well, actually..."

"It's fine with me if you have other plans really."

"No, I was actually going to your office to tell you that I'd be glad to have dinner with you."

Zagato nodded and then smiled. "Are you on your way home? I can drive you."

"Yes I am on my way home, but I have to pass by somewhere first and I don't want to be a bother. I will just meet you tonight?"

"Say, 7:30?"

"Yes Mr. Sol."

"It's a date then? And do call me Zagato when we are not talking about work hmm? It's not as if we weren't friends in college after all."

"Yes Mr. Sol ---err ---- Zagato," Emeraude blushed.

"Tell me, Emeraude..."

"Yes, Zagato?"

"Why did you leave me?"

* * *

Alcyone Vidal closed the door as quietly as possible. 'Could it be? Mr. Sol and Miss Vendeli?' She shook her head in disbelief, as she walked along the corridor. She had been looking for Mr. Zagato minutes before this incident and spotted him enter Miss Vendeli's classroom so she followed. She was going to knock at the door until she heard the conversation going on inside the room.

'No...I don't believe it! Mr. Sol had made sure to me that he is not interested in having relationships with his staff.' She can still remember how he had turned her down.

"I am sorry Miss Vidal, I must admit you are a very beautiful and attractive woman, but I cannot return your feelings. I do not need to explain why."

"Is it because I am a part of your staff and you do not want any complications?"

He looked at her and then said, "Yes...yes that's it."

"I can leave this place and find another work. Then maybe we can have a chance?"

"No Miss Vidal...Alcyone...but I would not allow you to resign. Your work is very much needed in this institution."

"But if I..."

"No more, let us just pretend that this conversation never took place."

'... And so we did. But I did not forget.' She went straight to the women faculties' room. Tears were running down her cheeks. 'I have not forgotten, as I will not forget this day. The one who will be with Zagato Sol is me!' She clutched her fists tightly, so tight that her nails dug in her palms.

* * *

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!" the cheerleaders shouted as they jumped up and down when they saw a tall man, in a military cut, kicked the ball to the goal. "He's sooooo cuuutttteeeee!!!!" they shrieked.

"Okay boys, practice over. See you again tomorrow," the young man said, heading to the bleachers. Two of the cheerleaders actually ran to him to offer him a towel and water. "Thanks ladies."

The two girls smiled and then said, "You're very welcome Geo-sama," at the same time. Geo smiled. He never get used to it when that happens. 'They said its natural when you are twins...' Tarta and Tatra, that's what their names are. 'Even their names are very similar.'

"Tsk-tsk, Geo...always the ladies' man," Eagle said as he and Lantis walked towards him.

"And what do you call yourselves?" Geo told them. "I heard the great Lantis Kyle Sol here is having problems about some crazed fan."

Eagle laughed out loud. "So you have heard?"

"Shuttup," Lantis said.

"Who would not notice that little crazed, blue-haired freshmen who kept on looking for her 'Lantis-sama'?"

"Damn it!" Lantis muttered.

Eagle started laughing again, and this time it was louder, which made Lantis more annoyed. "He doesn't really liked to be teased Geo."

"I know that's why I'm doing it."

"I'm gonna kill you...." Lantis hissed.

"Relax. I'll stop!"

"Hey, we met a nice girl today..." Eagle said looking for a reaction on Lantis' face.

"Really huh?"

"Yups! She's very nice and sweet. Lantis here bumped into her, and we decided to help her out on finding her brother's room. She thanked us by giving us candies. Lantis even ate the one she gave him."

"Whoa! Lantis eating a candy! And given by a girl too...Man, now I'm getting curious."

* * *

"What are we doing here?" Lantis asked, yawning and looking very bored yet very uneasy. "If Primera sees me..."

"Don't worry, I'll keep watch," Geo said, containing his smile.

"Hikaru-chan!!!!" Eagle called out and waved his hand. Geo and Lantis looked to the direction to where Eagle was waving at.

"Sempai!!!" Hikaru said, waving back. It didn't take long until he and the boys had approached her. "Hello! Oh by the way, these are my classmates, Umi Ryuuzaki and Fuu Huouji."

"Hello girls, I am Eagle Vision."

"Geo Metro, nice to meet you."

"Lantis Kyle Sol."

"I'm very honored to meet you, sempai," Fuu Huouji greeted back bowing politely. "I am Fuu Huouji"

"I'm Umi Ryuuzaki."

"What are you doing in the freshmen building?" Hikaru asked Lantis.

Lantis seemed frozen at his place again. He couldn't look into Hikaru's eyes, much more answer her. Besides, he doesn't even know the answer to her question really.

Eagle, noticing it, decided to answer for him, "We are actually helping Geo here to post the announcements about the club recruitments and all."

"Oh, can we have some of the flyers? We can help by giving some to our classmates," Fuu suggested.

"Well, uh...see..."Eagle stammered.

"Well actually, that's why we're just standing here too, I forgot the flyers. He-he-he!" Geo laughed, scratching his head.

"LANTIS-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

"Damn it! She's here," Lantis said. "I'm leaving. Hoping to see you soon, Shidou-san."

"Uh...got to go..."Geo said waving his hand.

"OH MY LANTIS-SAMAAAAAAAAAA...ARE YOU HERE TO PICK ME UP????"

"I'm sorry about this girls, but we have to run."

* * *

"....'Hoping to see you soon, Shidou-san'" Geo mimicked Lantis. "What was that all about?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Well Lantis, let's put it this way: If I said it, then nothing is wrong...but it was you who actually said that to a girl! And you never say anything like that to a girl! You never even say anything at all!"

"Why is it that you talk as if you know me better than myself?"

" You really like her a lot huh? What is it? Love at first sight or what?"

"Hell no!"

"Well Lantis," Eagle said. "If you don't feel anything about her, you don't mind me courting her don't you?"

"Suit yourself. I'm going home!" Lantis said and then walked away. He kicked the small rocks blocking his way. "Kuso!" he muttered to himself, 'What does he mean 'court her'? Why did he have to say he'd court her?' When Lantis realized what he was getting pissed about and how pissed he really sounded he swore again, "Damn it!"