Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next day, Hikaru was very surprised when she saw Lantis waiting for her a few blocks away from her house. He gave her one of his unusual smiles and then approached her.

"Good morning Hikaru-chan," he greeted her.

"Sempai..."

"I think we had talked about the -sempai thing."

"Lantis-kun..."

"Give me your bag..."

"Huh?"

"I'll carry your bag for you."

"Oh...but why?"

"It's quite necessary for our... little charade..."

"We don't really have to do this now sempai...nobody is looking anyway."

"Hmmm?"

"I mean Lantis-kun."

"It would be quite an entrance when we enter the school today don't you think?"

'What the heck? You did agree to help him anyway...' Hikaru told herself, she nodded and then quickly took Lantis' hand. It was Lantis' turn to be surprised. Yet the look of surprise in his face faded when she smiled at him. He grinned. 'If only he would smile a lot...I must admit, he is very handsome.' She blushed a little when she had realized what she had been thinking. "You think this would work?"

Lantis shrugged. "We're near at the gate already. Are you nervous?"

"Kind of..."

"Don't worry, I'm here..." he said, squeezing her hand. "I'll walk you to your classroom. I hope you won't mind..."

Hikaru shook her head. "No, I really don't, se- Lantis-kun."

The moment they stepped in the school gates, Hikaru felt almost everybody staring at them. She tried not to blush and to act as if it was normal. She looked up at Lantis' face and what she saw made her face not only red, but almost purple. He was looking at her with loving eyes. She felt her heartbeat quicken.

They were holding hands until they reached Hikaru's room. "I'll see you at lunch?"

Hikaru nodded.

Lantis smiled and handed Hikaru her bag. "I prefer you won't tell anybody what we had talked about yesterday, even to your friends...But you can if you think you can trust them," he whispered to her ear.

Hikaru nodded again. "See you at lunch, Lantis-kun," she said in a voice loud enough for others to hear. She watched him as he walked away until he was out of her sight. She took a deep breath and then entered her room. Everybody was staring at her.

"What was that all about?" Umi asked her.

"I'll tell you later. But for now..." she stopped talking when she saw Primera's angry glare as the girl approached her.

"YOU FLIRT!!!!"

"Primera..."

"I was right! You were trying to take Lantis-sama away from me...Get away from him I tell you!!!"

"I can't..."

"What do you mean, you can't?"

"He asked and...I...I've agreed to be his girlfriend yesterday. I'm really sorry Primera..." it took all her willpower for her to say those words. She didn't want to hurt this girl but she had already promised Lantis...

Primera was about to slap her when Emeraude entered the classroom. "What's going on here?"

* * *

"Man! Lantis! I had never thought..." Geo said. "Wow! Lantis has a girlfriend!!! I just can't believe it."

"I can't either..." Lantis mumbled.

"So you made her say "yes" huh?" Eagle said. Lantis could trace a touch of sadness in his voice.

"Actually...I'll tell you something later," he found himself telling Eagle. "But for now. I have to meet my girlfriend..."

"Can I come with you? I want to congratulate you both," Eagle said.

"Sure why not?"

They met Hikaru halfway. She was carrying 2 lunchboxes. The small one was for herself and the other was for Lantis.

"Lantis-kun, I brought you your lunch."

"That's very sweet of you Hikaru-chan."

"Ehem..."

"Hi Eagle-sempai!"

"Hi Hikaru-chan."

"I have to congratulate you both..." Hikaru giggled at the same time as Lantis grinned at him, slapping Eagle's shoulder.

"That is what I was supposed to tell you..."

"Huh?"

"We're just pretending to be a couple..."

"What???"

"Almost fooled you too huh?" Hikaru said.

"So I can still court you right?" Eagle asked winking at Hikaru.

"You definitely cannot!!!" Lantis snapped at him. Suddenly aware of his reaction, he said, "You'll ruin our charade."

"I was just kidding."

"You should be."

"Have you told anybody yet?"

"No..."

"Did Primera give you a hard time?"

"Well..."

"She did...didn't she..."

"She almost slapped me...But I do know she didn't mean it!"

"Well, you should be aware that there are also lots of girls who would be very angry at you..." Eagle informed her. "Primera isn't the only Lantis-fan you know."