Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A month had passed since the beginning of the school year. The freshmen had already gotten used to their new surroundings and new classmates. Class groups had already been assigned and they had started to bond with their classmates, calling them in their nicknames.

It had also been exactly four days since Lantis had asked Hikaru the favor. Since then, she had been receiving envious glares from certain schoolgirls from different year levels. The knowledge that she is a martial-artist must have saved her from being physically harassed by these girls.

Primera still haven't given up on Lantis. She can still be seen around school looking for her "Lantis-sama", popping out of nowhere, wrapping her arms around him, and glaring at Hikaru. Hikaru had actually scolded Lantis when the guy, out of impatience, shouted at Primera.

Eagle had been very helpful and supportive however. He had been giving them more ideas to make Hikaru and Lantis' relationship very believable. He had even set a timetable for the date they had planned to have this Saturday. He had insisted that dating would be necessary, since they should be always seen together and that they should also go to places that schoolmates would likely go during weekends.

Lantis had been extra-sweet to her. It's a wonder how a guy like him is capable of being that sweet. He'd meet her every morning and they'd walk to school together. She noticed he had been smiling more often now, and had been grinning, even laughing sometimes. He had the habit of giving her sweets or little cakes. He'd pick her up after class and they'd head to Kendo practice, if there were any, together, or, he'd walk her home. Sometimes, they would have snacks along the way.

This time, Eagle is walking home with them. The three is eating ice cream at the ice cream shop in front of their school. "You know guys, besides the date stuff, you're good at this pretend-thing."

"How'd you say that?" Hikaru asked him.

"Well, he has this 'I adore this girl'- look in his eyes every time he looks at you. And well, the holding-hands thing is just so natural."

Eagle chuckled when he saw Lantis and Hikaru's faces went red at the same time. "See, you even blush at the same time!"

"You do enjoy teasing us don't you?" Lantis said.

"I'm just amusing myself until I get to court Hikaru."

"Stop joking like that," Hikaru told him.

"Me? Joking? I'm serious," Eagle told them with a smirk.

"Whatever," Lantis murmured.

"Ok, fine I'm joking."

"Much better."

"Jealous Lantis?"

"Oh shuttup and eat your ice cream."

* * *

Kakeru had of course, found out about her sister's relationship with the school heartthrob. After thinking about it, he had decided to keep quiet and observe for a while, not reporting this to the older Shidou siblings. He knew that if he had told their brothers, it would be trouble. Deep inside, he is quite proud of his sister. She had been able to catch the attention of the most insensitive guy in the whole school, not to mention most popular and most attractive. He just wondered how his older brothers would react once they learned of this. He had this picture of his brothers marching to school armed with wooden swords…not a pretty sight…He can't blame them of course, he have this urge to give the rascal a lesson himself.

As if by fate, Kakeru met his sister along with the rascal on his way home. Seeing "the great" Lantis Kyle Sol had him wanting to seize the guy by his collar and threaten him. The pleading look in Hikaru's eyes made him change his mind. He nodded at him and at his friend. He then turned to Hikaru and said, "Would you like to introduce him to me, sis? I am you're older brother after all…"

"E-eto…" Hikaru stammered.

"Pleased to meet you, I am Lantis Kyle Sol," Lantis said immediately, as if saving Hikaru from the embarrassment of introducing him, even if it makes him arrogant. He did not do the usual Japanese bow; instead he offered Kakeru his hand, a sign of an offer of friendship to an equal.

'Looks like he's not that much of a jerk I thought he was after all…' Kakeru thought. Kakeru made up his mind, he like this guy's guts. He accepted the handshake. "Well of course I do know you Lantis-kun. I just wanted to hear my sister introduce you as her boyfriend," he said with a smile. He caught Hikaru blush at the corner of his eye. "You don't mind me calling you that don't you?" After hearing Lantis' reply, he said, "Good! You can call me by my name Kakeru."

"Very well then, Kakeru-kun. By the way, this is our friend Eagle Vision," Lantis said referring to the silver-haired young man beside him.

"Of course! I am very pleased to meet you Mr. Vision. My older brother is a fan of yours. Can I have your autograph?"

Hikaru face faulted after hearing what her brother just said. "Brother!!!"

"Hehehe…maybe some other time…" Kakeru said scratching his head.

"Yes, there will be plenty of time for that…" Eagle said. "I can give you free tickets to the next race also…maybe next time we meet? And do please call me Eagle. Mr. Vision makes me sound so old."

Kakeru nodded. "I'm going ahead, sis. You can stay a little bit late if you want Hikaru-chan." After walking a few steps away from them, he turned around and then told Lantis, "Oi…You know what will happen to you if you hurt my sister." Lantis nodded. "And oh, before I forget…she's our baby, so don't expect that my brothers would let you on easily."

* * *

"Phew!" Eagle said. "I should keep that in mind!" saying that made him receive another death-glare from Lantis. "What???"

"Now you're in trouble too Lantis-kun," Hikaru murmured. "My brothers do care about me a lot. When they found out about this it's going to be trouble."

"We're even then. You have problems with Primera and I have problems with your brothers."

"Geo told me something interesting," Eagle said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Kakeru told him that the one who would get their approval will have to beat all of them in kendo."

"Hikaru…"

"Yes Lantis-kun?"

"Have you beaten any of your brothers?"

"Well…yes…"

"Who?"

"Actually all of them…"

"I think we both need extra practice sessions."

***

Zagato sat on the sofa, waiting for his brother to come home. One would call their home a mansion than a house. The interior had been decorated with antiques, not only found in Japan but also out of the country. It is very obvious that the ones who live in it are filthy rich. Zagato made a huge profit from the school. He did a good job not only in saving the school from bankruptcy but also in making it the most famous school in the whole country. The students there, if not very rich, are students with exceptional talents.

He had found out that his brother had been having a relationship with one of the freshmen, Hikaru Shidou, the daughter of the most famous Kendo master in the whole country. He wouldn't want to intervene, he just want to hear from his own ears if it was true. His brother had always troubled him, since Lantis haven't showed any interest on girls up until now.

"Tadaima."

"Welcome home Lantis."

"You have been waiting for me. What do you want to ask me?"

"You know me so well."

"Yes I do."

"Then you must know what I was going to ask you."

"Oh yes, the rumor between Hikaru-chan and me."

"Then it must be true?"

Lantis nodded. "I know this news relieves you. You had been worried that I have not showed interest in the opposite sex. Not that I prefer men either…" Lantis grinned.

Zagato raised his eyebrow; his brother seemed to be getting more cheerful these days. "You love this girl?"

Lantis didn't answer.

"The courtship didn't last that long I heard."

"I don't like waiting brother. I am not like you. I wouldn't want to regret that I lost her because I waited too long. I don't want the same thing to happen to me…"