Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Emeraude and Ferio had managed to spend some time together once in a while. The closeness they once had years ago had come back and both had learned to tell each other their secrets. Emeraude thought that this is the time that she should tell her brother about her son.

It was Saturday afternoon when Emeraude picked Ferio up. "Where are we going?"

"I want you to meet my son…"

"Wha-your son?" Emeraude nodded and they headed to the cemetery in Chiba, a prefecture not too far from the city of Tokyo. "So how old is he?"

"Hmm…5 years old…"

"I didn't know that you got married."

"I didn't."

"Oh…"

There was silence between them until they reached their destination. "Here we are…"

"You're kidding right?"

"No, I am not."

"Well, I must admit, it's quite an odd place to meet someone, especially a child." Emeraude smiled. "Wait a minute… he isn't dead, is he?"

"He's buried over here…" Emeraude told him, pointing at the stone slab just left of them. "I named him after our father. He was dead when I gave birth to him."

"Franco Vendeli Sol," Ferio read out loud. "Sol? Is the father a relative of the headmaster?"

"He is the father of my child."

"Why that…"

"No, don't. It was I who left him as soon as I found out. He would have married me right away, if he knew. But I didn't want to be an additional burden. Us being so young, and he having a lot of problems…I love him so much you know…"

Ferio nodded. "I still think that was crazy."

"Maybe it was…But it seemed to be the most sane decision I can make up at that time."

* * *

Kuu looked at her sister hum happily as she did the cooking. She noticed that Fuu had been quite cheerful lately and something had changed in her that Kuu just couldn't specifically point out.

She realized that she hasn't had those long talks with her sister for quite sometime. She had been busy with her university studies after all - she suddenly felt guilty. She had promised herself that she would never be too busy when it comes to her sister and yet…

She made tea for herself and then sat on the kitchen table, just a few steps away where Fuu is slicing vegetables.

"Hey sis…"

"Yes, onee-san?"

"How's school?"

"It's great!" Fuu said, flashing her a smile. "How about you?"

"Tiring, but fun…I bet you've got a lot of friends already."

"Well, most of my classmates are my friends. I am very close to 2 of them though. I have told you about them…Hikaru and Umi."

Kuu nodded. "Yes, you have…How about that boy that comes over here? What's his name again?"

"F-Ferio…" Fuu stammered, blushing.

'So that's it!' Kuu told herself. "Yes, Ferio…"

"Well, I'm pretty close with him too… not as close as I am with Hikaru and Umi though. He's at the same club as mine and we belong at the same class-group too."

"He seemed to be courting you too…"

"NO!…I mean, the flowers are just his way of thanking me in helping him out…"

"What flowers?"

"Oh, weren't they the reason why you asked?"

"No…I haven't really noticed those until you pointed it out."

"I see…He gives me every time he passes his quiz. He's not that good at Science and Math and I've been helping him out and all…"

"Do you like him?"

"Ouch!"

Kuu decided to stop asking her sister anything anymore, especially if Fuu had a bleeding finger by accidentally cutting herself. Kuu wondered if her sister's carelessness had something to do with the question she asked her.

* * *

Masaru gave a loud wolf-whistle, Kakeru's mouth hung open, and Satoru ran towards Hikaru as soon as she came out of her room.

Their little tomboy seemed to have disappeared and had been replaced by a very beautiful and attractive young lady.

Hikaru had decided to let her hair down for now. With its wavy appearance and its length that flows up to her upper thighs, it looked like a mermaid's.

"Miss, have you seen my sister somewhere?" Masaru joked.

"WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" Satoru wailed, hugging his sister very tight and crying like a child. "You're so beautiful!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! I feel like I'm loosing my baby!!!"

"Cut that out bro!" Kakeru said.

"*sniff* My baby girl…" Satoru said as he let his sister go. He's still crying though.

Kakeru sighed and rolled his eyes. "You look like a jerk onii-san!"

"Shut up! You have no respect to your elders!"

'As if you do look respectful,' Kakeru said to himself. "You do look good sis. Run along now, or you'll be late." He then winked at Hikaru.

Hikaru was about to leave until… "Wait! Where are you going?" Masaru asked.

"Yeah sis, where are you going?"

"A-anou…I'm going to meet someone at the park and then…you know…uhm…"

"Who are you going to meet there?"

"A friend of hers of course! Geez you two!"

"You're too beautiful that it's not safe for you…maybe we should go with you…" Satoru said.

"WHA---!!! NO!!!"

"Don't shout sis…it doesn't suit your ladylike look."

"Hey! Don't you trust our sister? And besides, she's a big girl now, she can take care of herself."

"Oh alright… Don't let us keep you…"

"You are keeping her."

"Shut up Kakeru."

"Anyway sis, your friend must be waiting for you. See you later!"

Hikaru was already gone when Satoru remembered to ask if her friend was a boy or a girl.