Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Lantis-kun!" she called out to him. Lantis spotted her running towards him, and waving her hand. He had to rub his eyes to make sure it was her. She just looked so---- beautiful. "Did I make you wait too long?"

"No Hikaru-chan."

"My brothers wanted to go with me, can you imagine that? Anyway, Kakeru did convince them not to…"

"Good for you."

"No, good for you. They would have beaten you up…"

"Oh, I think that wouldn't be too easy…By the way, I have something for you…"

"Hmm? You really shouldn't have bothered…You always give me stuff…"

"I like giving you stuff," Lantis said as he handed her a cellular phone.

"Uh…I don't think I can accept this…"

"You should, or I'll be really upset."

"Well it really looks expensive…"

"The more you should accept it. If you don't I just have to throw it away…"

"But…"

"Please…"

"Oh alright."

"I noticed you don't have one. At least this way you can be contacted anytime."

"This is just too much…"

"My contact numbers are saved there already. Oh and don't worry about the bills, I'll pay for it."

"Pay for the bills! But…"

"No more 'but's. Just say, 'Thank you, Lantis-kun,' and I'll be…" he was caught off-guard when Hikaru wrapped her arms around him.

"Thanks a lot Lantis-kun! You've been so nice to me ever since we've met!"

"Got any candies?" The statement made Hikaru blink and laugh. "You look really beautiful Hikaru," Lantis said with seriousness in his voice.

"Thanks…"

"So, where'll we go?"

Hikaru took out a piece of paper from her shoulder bad and then said, "Well, according to this we should head to the theme park."

"Ok."

"Let's hurry before we miss the bus."

"We can always use my car," Lantis said as he led her to the parked Ferrari not far from where they were.

"Sugoiiiiiii!!! This is yours?"

Lantis nodded. "Bro gave me this for my 18th birthday. Eagle taught me how to drive. And yes, I do have a driver's license."

"You never brought this to school."

"And I never will. Besides, I only use this when I go out in far distances. I always prefer my ever-dependable motorcycle over this though. Anyway, if I had brought that instead, you wouldn't be comfortable."

"You know, even if you don't look like it, you are a really caring person."

"You think so?"

Hikaru nodded. "If you had a little sister she'd be very lucky."

"If I had a little sister she'd be bored with me."

"Not so! You're not boring at all! The truth is I really like being with you…" Hikaru suddenly bit her lip 'You really do talk to much Hikaru-baka,' she scolded herself.

"I like being with you too…"

"Ah… ahehehehe…" Hikaru laughed nervously. "Maybe that's why we've became really good friends…"

"Is that what you really think, Hikaru-chan?"

"Anou, Lantis-kun…"

"Hmm?"

"How does it feel to be chased by girls and all?"

Lantis, well aware that Hikaru was trying to change the topic, decided to answer the question. "Irritating…"

"You're not flattered? Even a little bit?"

"No. I don't like girls who chase boys."

"You really are something…I mean if my boyfriend would be like you I don't have to worry about girls taking you away from me…"

"I am your boyfriend now right?" Lantis said, winking at her.

"Aww, you do know what I mean…"

"Right…Anyway, we're here…"

***

Umi sighed as she turned off the tv. "I wonder how's Hikaru's date is going?" She got up from her bed and stated changing. There are two things that can break her boredom: shopping and baking. Since there are no ingredients for baking anything in the kitchen she decided to shop instead.

"Mayumi! Mayumi!" she called out.

The housekeeper ran to her as soon as she heard her mistress call. "Yes Miss Umi?"

"Tell the driver to get the car ready. I'm going shopping."

"Yes miss."

After a few minutes, the housekeeper informed her that the driver is ready to go. "You can leave me at the mall. I'll just ride a taxi home," she informed the driver.

She was surprised from the easy traffic, which is very unlikely at the weekends, she was glad nevertheless. As soon as she entered the mall, she saw Clef. She was about to approach him when she saw the same brown-blond woman who gave Clef lunch a week before. "Why does she have to be there at all?"

She decided to turn around before Clef would notice she was there. She had thought she had gotten away until she heard a familiar voice call her. "Umi-chan!" She looked to where the voice came from and saw Ascot running towards her. After a few deep breaths he asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I was bored so I decided to go shopping."

"Alone?"

"Yeah, Hikaru has this date with her senior boyfriend and its Fuu's turn in the house chores."

"You can join us if you like," Ascot said, blushing.

"Uh…who?"

"Well, me and Clef, and a friend of ours, Presea. Come, I'll introduce you to her."

'This really must be my lucky day,' Umi told herself.

"Let's go?"

"Oh alright…"

"Well, well, well, hello Miss Sassy!" Clef greeted her with a smirk.

"Hi old man."

"By the way, Umi-chan, this is Presea Mason."

"Nice to meet you, Ryuuzaki-san."

"Umi would be fine."

"I'm glad you came really…these guys can't understand the art of shopping at all!" Presea told her.

"What I can't understand is why you girls have to walk around all the time just to buy one article of clothing," Clef said.

"We've been really friends since elementary so we three are pretty close," Ascot informed her.
"Oh really…"

"Let's go! Let's go! I saw this nice skirt that I wanted to buy and I want you're opinion…these guy's are hopeless…" Presea said taking her hand. Umi realized that she couldn't help liking the girl even if she didn't want to. She also realized that the reason why she didn't want to is because she was jealous.