Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eagle hadn't been doing anything since he came home from his weekly visit to the racetracks. "Lantis is really having a good time, I bet," he told himself. Lying on his bed, he closed his eyes for a while and the image of Hikaru's smiling face entered his mind. He couldn't help grinning as he remembered how she reacted every time he brought the subject of courting her.

He grinned more as he remembered how Lantis reacted about the matter. "People usually think that Lantis hides his emotions well, when actually, it is actually opposite. He may not say how he feels but his actions make his emotions obvious," Eagle mumbled.

Of course he had to tell the two that he was joking about courting Hikaru…even when he actually is not. He had promised himself to help his friend all he can, but if this thing with Lantis and Hikaru would not work out, he would not hesitate to step in. If that happens, Lantis' loss would be his gain.

Eagle yawned…it was not too long until he was sound asleep.

***

"Now that velvet blouse is soooo you," Presea told Umi. "You should really go and buy it."

"You really think so?"

"It really does suit you Umi-chan…" Ascot answered.

"Oh for Pete's sake, buy the darn thing!" Clef said. 'It does brings out her eyes though.'

"Oh, ok! Ok! You don't have to be that grumpy you know. See you're hair had turned white because of acting like a grumpy old man," Umi told him. 'His hair really is soooo cool.'

"Are you color-blind woman? Its lavender! La-ven-der! And I was born with this hair."

"Yeah, yeah whatever! You look like Mr. Scrooge with lavender hair. I bet a horn in the middle of your forehead would suit you too (hehehe! It really does right? ^_~)."

"Ahem! Ahehehe…I think we'd better go and pay for it at the counter?" Presea said.

"You are right really right Presea," Ascot said. "Hehehe…come along now Clef, I saw some nice cd's on sale over there…"

The two succeeded in stopping Clef and Umi in their usual oral bouts. "See you around Miss Prissy."

"I promise this won't take long old man." Both pairs had gone on their way.

"…Hey this place is cool…" Clef said, looking at the CDs displayed in the store.

"I know you have a knack for those stuff," Ascot replied, grinning. 'At least now his mind is occupied with this, he'll forget about that thing Umi and he started a while ago.'

"Well it's fine as long as he's playing the good ones," Clef told him.

After a few minutes the two girls joined them. "Wahhh! These are good stuff!" Presea said, looking at the CD Clef is holding. "Let me see…"

"Isn't it? I thought so too…"

Umi looked as Clef smiled and handed Presea the CD in his hand. She felt a little pinch of jealousy in her heart. 'I bet they have lots in common.' Trying to shift her attention elsewhere, she just listened to the song being played inside the store.

I haven't slept at all in days

It's been so long since we've talked

And I have been here many times

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

What can I do to make you love me

What can I do to make you care

What can I say to make you feel this

What can I do to get you there

She tore her eyes from the two, who had been obviously enjoying each other's company. And then she remembered…

***

Umi went home tired and disappointed. "I will never cook for that old man ever again!"

"Miss Umi, are you alright?" Mayumi asked as she rushed towards her young mistress.

"I'm okay Mayumi. Tell the others that I wouldn't want to be disturbed. I'll be eating my dinner in my room."

"Yes Miss Umi."

Umi sighed and then went straight to her room. "Clef you are such a BAKA!" She lay on her bed and then took a deep breath. '…And to think I woke up early just to prepare that. I even had to argue with our cook at that time…Well at least Ascot enjoyed it…Hmm, what am I ranting about anyway?'

A voice seemed to have answered her in her mind, 'You had worked hard for the meal and someone else ate it.'

'Well at least the one who ate it was really thankful.'

'But you did not make it for him.'

'But I gave it to Ascot.'

'You are supposed to give it to Clef. It's supposed to be a way of saying 'thank you' to him.'

She remembered how Clef tried cheering her up when she was really sad. 'Yes…he was really sweet at that time…Oh gosh! I forgot to give him back his handkerchief!' She went and tried to look for it in her drawers. 'It wasn't really his fault…the girl gave him the lunch first…I shouldn't be really upset at all, much more blame it all to him…Maybe I should be nicer to him tomorrow and give this back…' She unconsciously hugged the handkerchief close to her heart.

***

Since then, she realized that she actually likes Clef a lot. 'I meant to be nice to him the next morning, but totally forgot about it when he called me 'Miss Sassy' as soon as I walked in the room.' She looked at Clef and Presea again. 'Maybe I should stop this feeling before it actually gets worse that I won't be able to anymore…Maybe I should stay far away from him for a while…'

There's only so much I can take

And I just got to let go

And who knows I might feel better, yeah

If I don't try and I don't hope

She quickly turned away.

No more waiting, no more, aching

No more fighting, no more, trying...

Maybe there's nothing more to say

And in a funny way I'm calm

Because the power is not mine

I'm just going to let it fly...

"Umi-chan? Where are you going?" Ascot asked. His question was left unanswered.

Clef then turned his attention to Umi who was hurrying to leave the store. He then went to follow her. "Hey Umi-chan! Oi!" He placed his hand on her shoulder as soon as he caught up with her. "Oi! Talk to me will ya?"

"I…"

"Hey I'm sorry if we kind of made you feel out of place ok?"

"No, actually, I didn't feel like that at all…"

"Did we do anything that made you feel depressed again?"

"Well…"

Clef took her hand and then said, "Nevermind, don't feel bad now ok? I promise I'll take it easy on you today." He grinned at her. "You won't even hear me complain really! Let's see, how'd you like it if we do some karaoke? That would be fun wouldn't it?"

"Actually…"

"You'll get to hear me sing…You'll have something to tease me about afterwards…Let's go back now…Please?"

What can I do to make you love me

What can I do to make you care

What can I say to make you feel this

What can I do to get you there

What can I do to make you love me

What can I do to make you care

What can I say to make you feel this

What can I do to get you there

And love me...love me....love me..

Umi nodded. "Do you mean it when you told me I get to tease you about your singing afterwards?"