Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

While waiting for the travel guide to get on the bus, the students had started to get acquainted with their seniors. "Eagle-sempai, Lantis, these are my group mates. You remember Umi and Fuu here right?" The two seniors nodded. "These are my other group mates, this is Zazu…"

"Oh I know him already. He works for me as a chief mechanic he's really good. By the way, I'm Eagle Vision, and this is Lantis Kyle Sol. You can both call us by our first names we won't mind."

"Very well, I'm Clef."

"Ferio Vendeli."

"Ascot here. We're very honored to be with the two most popular students in this school. I'm a great fan of yours Eagle-sempai."

"Fan?" Ferio asked. "Is he a movie star or something?"

"He's a race car driver baka."

"OH! HE'S THAT EAGLE VISION!!!"

"Hehehe…Yes…I am," Eagle said scratching his head, laughing.

"So Zazu is your chief mechanic huh?"

"…I get paid very well too," Zazu said. "Ne…Eagle-sempai…is your friend really that quiet?"

"Oh…hehehe…yes…don't mind him…hehehe…Oi Lantis, say something."

"Something."

"Not that! Hehehe. Sorry about that…Oi Hikaru-chan, tell your boyfriend to be more sociable. I keep on scolding him about it but he just won't listen to me…"

Hikaru blushed, and then tried to change the subject. Spotting the karaoke system in the bus the exclaimed, "Sugoi! There's karaoke!!!"

"Last time we had a trip the travel guide asked Lantis to sing for us…"

"Really? Did you sing Lantis?"

"No."

"He gave the poor guide a death glare and scared him out of his wits. Will you sing if the guide calls you?"

"I don't know…"

"See Lantis, at least she's considering."

"I want to hear you sing," Lantis told her.

"Clef will sing!" Ascot said.

"Oh puh-lease! Not him!" Umi said.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Clef protested.

"Yeah right, you sound like a dog barking," Umi said.

"At least I don't sound like a frog croaking like you do."

"I do not!"

"You do too!"

"I do not!"

"Please stop that you two…" Fuu said.

"Yeah cut that out," Ferio said.

"Shhhhhhhhh!!!" the rest of their classmates said.

"Are they always like that?" Lantis whispered to Hikaru.

"Hehehe…yes…"

A few minutes after that, the tour guide had boarded the bus. The students shouted their excitement as the bus left the school grounds. "Good morning to you! I am Genso Kobayashi your tour guide and later camp guide. As a tour guide I am going to give you different information about the places that we might pass through while on our way to the campsite…"

"Aww man! That would be really boringggg…" someone said.

"Ah-hehe…"

"Are we gonna have karaoke?" another one asked.

"Well…Yes but…"the tour started to say.

"Yeeeeeeyyyy!!! Karaoke!!!"

"Turn it on! Turn it on!"

"Actually you have to listen to my lecture first…"

"I'll sing!"

"Yeah Miko-chan! Sing for us!"

"Cool! Miko-chan is going to sing!"

"But my lecture…"

"Forget about the lecture! We want karaoke, right guys?"

"YEAH! KARAOKE! KARAOKE! KARAOKE!"

"Ah-he-he. Okay, okay…" 'I just feel that I'm gonna lose my job after this…'

***

It was exactly lunchtime when they got to their destination. Most groups had decided to eat lunch first before doing anything. They can be seen sitting together in the areas that had been assigned to them to occupy. Lantis and Eagle however, decided to get the cooler while Hikaru and her group mates prepare their picnic mat. Primera, who was supposed to be with her group mates, had somehow been able to sneak out to get find Lantis. "LANTIS-SAMA!!!"

"Oh crap!" Lantis said. It was too late for him to hide however, since Primera was already tugging at his arm.

"I made lunch for you…I just came to give you this. See you, Lantis-sama!" Primera dashed off as soon as she gave Lantis a lunchbox.

"You can eat that and I'll have what Hikaru would give you," Eagle told him.

"Not if I can get rid of this…" Lantis' face brightened when he saw the tour guide walking around. "Oi! Oi Mr. Tour Guide! Over here!"

Genso approached the two young men. "Hey you two! What can I do for you?"

Lantis then handed him the lunchbox. "Someone asked us to give you this."

"For me?"

"Yeah, you can ask Eagle here."

"Is that true?"

"Uh…yeah…She came running to us and…uh…asked us to do her a favor. Being nice guys, we agreed to give you this."

"I think she kind of likes you," Lantis said in a serious tone.

"What? Me?"

"Oh you know young girls tend to have a crush on men like you," Eagle said. "If I were you I am going to find out a way to let the girl know you appreciate what she had given you."

"Yes, I am going to eat it in front of everybody…"

"Perfect!" Eagle exclaimed.

"I've done my job. I'm leaving," Lantis said.

"See you again soon Mr. Tour Guide!" Eagle said as they left.

"What an idiot," Lantis mumbled.

***

"Ferio-san, here take this," Fuu said as she handed Ferio a lunchbox. "I know you live alone and that you wouldn't get to make something like this so I made one for you."

"Aww, thank you Fuu-chan! I was thinking of just eating potato chips for lunch."

Fuu gasped and then said, "Oh poor Ferio-san! It's a good thing I made lunch for you…Here I made you some juice too."

"Wow! Thanks a lot Fuu-chan! You are so nice to me…" Ferio said getting teary-eyed. "What can I do without you?"

"It's really nothing…"

"Wahhhhh! You're so nice!!!!!"

"Can't you just shut up and eat?" Clef complained. "Geez…" He then opened his bag and looked for his lunchbox. "Great…just great…" he mumbled as he rummaged through his things… "Darn it!"

"Something wrong Clef?" Ascot asked.

"I think mom forgot to put my lunch pack in…"

Umi then handed held out a lunchbox at his face. "Good thing I always bring extra…just in case of an emergency like this," she lied. She had actually woke up early in the morning to prepare for it to give to Clef. 'At least this time he gets to eat it.' "If you don't want it…"

Clef snatched the obento from her and then started eating. "Hmmm…this is really good…."

'I'm glad he liked it…'Umi told herself. "Of course it's good, I made it myself!"

"Yeah…*chew*…You can really cook Umi-chan…*swallow*…."

"Your friend has a very hearty appetite Hikaru-chan," Eagle said.

Hikaru laughed and then said, "Here is your lunch Lantis…and here's yours Eagle…"

"Wow! I get to eat Hikaru's cooking at last! You see, Hikaru-chan every time you give Lantis lunch at school, he wouldn't let me have some, even a little bit."

"If I tell you that you can have some, you're gonna eat all of it," Lantis said.

"*munch*…Probably…*chew**chew*…specially if it's as good as this…*munch**swallow*…Gosh Hikaru this is delicious. Forget about the courtship…I'll have to ask you to marry me if you break up with my friend here." The rest of the gang stopped eating, and looked at Eagle, then at Lantis and then at Hikaru. Lantis shot him a death glare. "What now!!!"

"Shut up and eat."

"Ah-he-he-he…don't mind him. He always jokes about these things," Hikaru told her friends, blushing. The others then resumed eating.

***

"Couldn't sleep Lantis?" Eagle said as he approached his friend who was sitting by the campfire.

"I'm here to watch over the fire."

"…You see I have this feeling that it's not the fire you had been watching over…"

"Hmph…"

Eagle then sat beside his friend. "Don't tell me that you are going to deny it. I had been watching you staring at the tent where Hikaru is sleeping."

"What is it that do you want exactly?" Lantis asked, with an irritated look on his face.

"Let's have this man-to-man talk shall we? I am sure, by this time, everyone is asleep and even if they aren't I don't think they can hear us while inside their tents."

"Suit yourself."

"I am going straight to the point. I know you like Hikaru…maybe you're even inlove with her."

"So what if I am?"

"You also know how I feel about her." Lantis looked at the burning flame and then nodded. "She has a good heart, don't you agree? I knew since that first time she handed me that candy, my world will never be the same…And it was the same with you, right?" Lantis nodded again. "I haven't asked you anything but I am going to now…"

Lantis stood up and then said, "I can't give her up for you Eagle…"

"I know you'll say that…and that is not what I wanted to ask you…so hear me out first…Sit down Lantis…" Lantis did as he was told and Eagle continued talking, "I want you to be happy. And now I can see that she's happy with you too. So I had decided to my feelings for her aside…"

"Thank you Eagle…"

"Do not thank me yet, I am not finished. I am willing to set my feelings aside for now…What I ask from you…is never make her cry…because if you do, even just a tear, I swear I am going to take her away from you and you won't have her back…"

* * *

Hikaru looked at the clock beside her. It's already midnight and she still couldn't sleep. She turned to look at her friends, both of them very asleep. She sighed and then got out of the tent. She saw Eagle and Lantis facing her from other side of the campfire.

Eagle gave out a fake yawn and then said, "My, I'm sleepy! I'll take a nap for a while…Wake me up when it's my turn, okay?" He then left and entered his tent.

"Are you alright, Hikaru-chan?"

"I just can't sleep…mind if I sit with you for a while?"

"Go ahead, I don't mind."

"Wow! Look at the full moon! It looks so pretty!!!" Hikaru said, looking up the sky.

"Yes, so pretty…" Lantis murmured. Hikaru didn't know that he was staring at her, instead of the moon. There was silence between them for a long time and then Hikaru suddenly started to talk.

"Ne, Lantis…"

"Yes?"

"Why me?"

"Hmm…?"

"Why me? Why did you ask me to pose as your girlfriend?" Lantis, as if out of words, didn't get to reply right away, he avoided her gaze and looked at the campfire. "There are a lot of girls who would be willing…someone far more beautiful…someone more sophisticated…"

"…Because it's you I want…" he wanted to say, but never did get to. How many times had it happened to him when she asks him something? He had sworn that whenever the time is right he would never hesitate to tell her. And now, that they are alone, with the stars and moon up above them, he couldn't bring himself to even open his lips. He tried again… "I just want to be close to you that's all…" But the words never left his mouth. He felt her lay her head on his shoulders; it surprised him. Yet it felt really good. After that he knew he was ready speak out to her. "Hikaru, I love you…" There wasn't any reply. Did that mean she accepted his confession? He wouldn't accept her silence, he had to know what she feels…He looked at her, and he saw her fast asleep. He knew by then that his words didn't reach her.