Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE: (or is it? I've eaten too much chocos)

Heart: BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lantis: *approaches Heart and doesn't look very happy* Why did you have to make her sleep dammit!?

Heart: Coz it would be more fun that way! *flashes an evil grin* Now go back to that last scene, I've got more things to do...

------*Lantis mumbling evil-evil stuff and gets back to Hikaru's side.*------

------*Eagle comes to the scene*------

Eagle: I know I don't have the right to ask, since you're the author of this fic and I'm just a character but…WHY DO I HAVE TO GIVE HER UP FOR HIM?"

Heart: Oh geez, can't you even wait? You'll have your turn. Now shoo-shoo!!!

Eagle:*gets teary-eyed* Really? Promise? Do I get to hug her like I did in the anime?

Heart: Leave before I take it back and kill you in this story like what they did to you in the anime.

-----*Eagle leaves and the Shidou brothers enter the scene*-----

Heart: What now?

Satoru: I had been out of character…

Heart: Sorry, won't do that again…but I must admit you're a very good actor. Besides, I always did thought that the eldest one would be the first to break down when he saw his little tomboy sister grow up suddenly.*grins* So how did you psyche yourself up? Was it… "It seems not long ago when I helped mom take care of her when she was a baby…" kinda thing?

Satoru: *blinked* How did you know?

Masaru: *sees Hikaru leaning on Lantis' shoulder sleeping* I'm gonna kill him…

Kakeru: Want me to help you bro? *cracking his knuckle bones*

Heart: Don't you ever lay a hand on his beautiful face! On the second thought, he'd beat the 3 of you up in no time…Wait a minute! What are you doing here! *points at Satoru and Masaru* You're supposed to be in Tokyo! *to Kakeru*You're supposed to be in some other campsite! Go!!!

-----*They leave but only to get replaced by the Fuu, Umi, Ferio, Fuu, and Ascot*----

Heart: *before one of them even get to complain* You'll have your own mushy moments…Now go back to your tents, you're not supposed to wake up yet…

-----*Zazu enters*----

Heart: And that goes to you too! Don't get it all mixed up you hear?

----*They all get back to their tents grumbling*---

Heart: Impatient people….*sees the rest of the gang approach her* Don't you even start with me!

------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Hikaru woke up early as usual. She was not lying on her bed, instead she had been leaning on something…no…someone…She then hurriedly straightened herself up. She then remembered talking to Lantis the night before. She gasped, "Oh no! I might have fallen asleep on him!" She looked at the young man sleeping soundlessly beside her. She heard him mumble something, but didn't get to hear him clearly. She leaned over him listen…her face very close to his…She blushed when she realized how close she had been leaning over to him.

Lantis opened his eyes; at first he thought he was dreaming when he saw Hikaru's face. The girl hurriedly straightened up however, when she saw him wake up. He watched how Hikaru's face turned from pink to red to almost purple. "Ohayo Hikaru-chan…"

"O-ohayo Lantis-kun. I'm sorry if I had slept on you last night…"

"It doesn't matter… You wake up so early. The sun isn't even up yet…"

"It will be soon…"

"Yes…Uh, Hikaru-chan…"

"Yes?"

"Did you hear…what I told you last night?"

"No…what was it about?"

"Nothing…It wasn't really important…"

"I think I'd do warm up for a few minutes." Taking a branch long and strong enough for her kendo exercise, she started to walk away…

"I'll go with you…"

* * *

Umi didn't know how long she had been lying there and looking at the sky. The place just looked so peaceful…so quiet…It's an ideal place to go when you need to be by yourself and think about things. She uttered a mild curse when her cellphone rang. 'I should have left the darn thing at home.'

"Hello Umi…"

"Mama!"

"I'm sorry for not waiting for you at least before I leave."

Umi didn't answer.

"I don't think I will come back…at least not yet…"

"I understand. I miss you, Mama." Honestly she did thought she does understand…until she heard another voice at the background…a man's voice.

"Who's that, love?" it asked. "My daughter…" she heard her mother answer." Hello, Umi-chan…"

Again, she didn't answer, instead, she angrily threw the cellphone to the lake in front of her. It was that moment that she wished that she were back in Tokyo. She yearned for a diversion… This place doesn't have a mall, no kitchen, no ingredients for her to bake a cake with…There were only the trees, and the lake… 'I will not cry…I will not cry…' she chanted in her mind.

She knew that she have to stay away from her friends for a while until she is sure that she will not suddenly burst into tears. 'I will not cry…I will not cry…'

"Oi, that's quite an expensive one you threw out there…You rich brats just don't…" she turned around and saw Clef leaning at the large tree behind her. He was about to tease her but was taken aback by what he saw on the girl's face. No amount of sorrow can compare to what he had seen as soon as she turned to face him. "My God! Umi-chan…" he said as he put his hand on her shoulder.

'I will not…' she thought. And yet the simple touch from Clef was enough to make her break down and cry.

Not knowing what to do, he knelt before her and tried to console her. "Umi-chan…Please…Tell me what's wrong…" She didn't answer, instead wrapped her arms around him and cried more. It seemed to him, that the only right thing to do was to hold her tight and let her cry all she wants. After a few minutes of continuous sobbing, Umi finally came to the point that she herself thinks that she have no more tears left to cry with. Sensing this, Clef said, "Wait here, I'll get some water…"

Clutching tightly on Clef's shirt, Umi pleaded with her eyes. "I don't want to be alone…"

Clef understood and then nodded. "So now can you tell me what happened?"

"My mother called me. I was talking to her on the phone when this guy in the background asked 'Who's that, love?' and my mother answered him…It was not my father's voice."

"Maybe you just misunderstood?"

"If he hadn't called her 'love'…"

"I understand…"

"It's not just that…I grew up seeing my parents treat each other as if one does not exist. I know they care about me, but all my life I had wished that they'd care about each other. They never did argue…sometimes I wished they would. At least I know that there is some spark left…But there was nothing…not love, not even hate. And I know, that the only reason they lived together for so long is me. And I don't like it…I don't want to be the reason why they have to tolerate that maddening silence between them. Deep inside, I had wished, that I would wake up one morning and I see Papa and Mama smile at each other with love in their eyes. And now…I don't know if I'll ever see that…tell me Clef was it too much to ask?"

"Why didn't you ask them?"

Umi looked at Clef. Why hadn't she asked them? Was it because she was too scared of being rejected?

"My mother told me before, that people do all they can to make the people they love happy. And it seems to me that they do love you dearly even if they don't love each other…Maybe if you ask…they might try…" Clef wiped the tears on Umi's eyes.

"Thank you Clef…"

"Don't mention it. I told you I don't want to see you cry didn't I?…Your face is too beautiful to be stained with tears…"

"Sorry Clef…You always get to be passing by when I feel miserable…It seems as if I always drag you in my troubles."

"No problem…But that doesn't mean I won't tease you anymore…"

"Why you…Old man!" Umi said, in a voice more cheerful than before.

"Cry baby!"

"Old man!"

"There…I can see you're okay now…I'm glad…"

Realizing that what Clef said was actually true, Umi thanked Clef again. "Ne, Clef-kun…"

"Hmm…?"

"Here's your handkerchief…"

"Keep it…as a remembrance…" Clef smiled, stood up and held out his hand to Umi. "Everything will be alright…All you have to do now, is take my hand…Let's go back to the camp Umi…"

She smiled back and she took his hand again…Just like she did before…

* * *

""Math assignment…Biology assignment…English composition…Why do we have to pass these things on Saturday?" Ferio complained. "Why do we even have classes on Saturday?"

"Having problems Ferio-san?" Fuu asked him as she handed him some water.

"Those teachers just don't slack, don't they? They give us those camping trips and give us tons of projects and assignments at the same time. Even my sister gave us this English composition-thingie…And this biology assignment…what a headache!"

"Want me to help?"

Getting puppy-eyed again, Ferio said, "WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Fuu-chan!!! Are you sure you're human? Maybe you're my guardian angel in disguise…Waahhh!!! You're so sweettttt…."

"Demo, I can't teach you tomorrow…"

"We can study at the bus on our way home!"

"Well, Umi-san would be sitting with me and…"

"No problem, I'd just ask her if I can sit with you on the bus. I think she'd agree…There she is!" Ferio took Fuu's hand and they ran towards Umi, who was with Clef. "Umi! Hey!"

"Hmmm?"

"Umi, you don't mind trading seats with me in the bus ne? I really really reaaaaaaaalllly need to sit with Fuu. I'm having a hard time with these assignments…and besides, I'm still not that good in my kanji and all….Pleeease????"

Clef noticed Umi squeeze his hand tight. He knew she needed to be with someone she's very comfortable with…especially at these moments. "Anou…" Umi said.

"I'm sure it won't be a problem…" Clef cut in. Actually I was going to ask you if you could switch places with her. She wanted to listen to my cd's…and I have only one cd player…"

"What's with the holding hands?" Ferio asked.

"What?…Uh…Geez…I was hurrying her up since she's too slow and we had to pack up and leave soon…Ahe-hehehehe…" Clef said, at the same time letting go of Umi's hand. "I had to drag this slow girl…"

"Okay…see Fuu-chan? I told you it's okay…Hikaru will be sitting with her boyfriend too, no doubt about that…"

"Okay…" Fuu said and smiled.

* * *

Primera got a chance to sneak into Lantis' camp again. She saw him taking a nap underneath a tree. She was about to approach Lantis when she saw Eagle blocking her way. "And where do you think you're going, Primera-chan?"

"What's it to you?"

"Tsk-tsk…that's not the right way to speak to your senior Primera-chan…"

"I just wanna see Lantis-sama that's all…"

"Poor Lantis, he must be really tired staying up too late with Hikaru last night…"

"Staying…up…late…with…"

"…They even ended up sleeping near the campfire…"

"They…slept…"

"Yups!" Then with a fake surprise, Eagle added, "Woops! I'm sorry Primera-chan…Don't tell Lantis I told you ne?"

"That girl is gonna be soooooooooooo deaddd!!!!"

"I don't think that's possible Primera-chan. You see, I don't think Lantis had no plans to leave her side. And of course, if you do succeed, Lantis will be reallllly, realllly, displeased…Now that, is something that we wouldn't really want to see…ne?"

"I need to see Lantis-sama!" Primera said fuming with anger.

"Maa…You're so pushy," Eagle said as he moved out of her way.

"…Are????? Where is he now!!!????" Seeing that Lantis is no longer there.

"Maybe helping Hikaru-chan pack up and all…"

"If you hadn't been on my way…"

"Sorry…Sa, Primera-chan, you have to go back to your camp. Hurry, before your other seniors find out that your gone."

"But…"

"See you at the bus Primera-chan!"

"Demo…"

"Ja ne!" Eagle said, and left Primera all by herself.

* * *

The students left the campsite at 10 in the morning. They were given time to buy stuff for "omiyage" and have their lunch when they get to the nearest town. After that, they headed back to Tokyo.

Fuu and Ferio had been busy studying all the while. Zazu and Eagle, on the other hand, had been discussing the new adjustments they're gonna make on Eagle's car. Ascot had been smiling like an idiot for quite sometime, just because that Umi is sitting beside him…Actually, Umi is sitting between him and Clef. Hikaru and Lantis sat together as expected.

"Ne, Lantis-kun…"

"What is it Hikaru-chan?"

"Primera had been staring at me like that since we left the campsite?"

"Nani?" he asked, and saw Primera giving Hikaru a very angry glare. "Don't mind her Hikaru-chan…"

"Demo…" They suddenly heard Eagle laughed out loud.

"Oi, Eagle…Wasn't it you who were talking to that mad woman a while ago?" Eagle didn't answer, he just laughed louder. "Nuts. What did you tell Primera now?"

"N-nothing…hehe…n-nothing much really…"

"Eagle!"

"I just told her not to disturb you because you stayed up late with Hikaru last night…"

"Baka…what else?"

"And well, that you two ended up sleeping outside…I just kinda yanked her chain a little bit that's all…"

"What!!!.. You two slept together???" Zazu asked. Suddenly, the whole group stopped what they were doing and stared at Hikaru.

"Yes…no…it's not what you think!!! Were talking last night and well…I got sleepy and…" Hikaru said.

"Mind your own business…" Lantis snapped at Zazu. "I swear I'm gonna kill you…" he told Eagle, gritting his teeth.

"No you won't. You wouldn't want to do such act of violence in front of Hikaru…You'll end up in prison too…"

"Ahehehe…Candies everyone?" Hikaru said.

* * *