Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hikaru laughed as the man caught her by the waist…She took a deep breath, inhaling the salty sea breeze… "I got you now…" he said, a sweet smile forming on his lips.

"I give up!" she said, still laughing. He put his arms around her in a warm embrace.

"Ne Hikaru-chan…"

"Hmm?"

"I love you…"

"I love you too."

"I've always loved you, you know. Ever since the first day we met…And I tried telling you many times before…I thought that he had succeeded in taking you away from me…" he paused, and then continued, "I'm sorry I gave you away…Anyway, now that I have you, I will never let you go, I promise."

And then he kissed her. She could feel how her heart started to beat faster, how her stomach seemed to turn upside down…and how she seemed to melt slowly…

And then she woke up…

Hikaru sat up from her bed and looked around her. She wasn't at the beach, she was in her room…She slowly touched her lips… 'Is that how a kiss would feel like?'

It was just a dream…and yet it felt so real…And the man…Who is he? Why couldn't she remember his face?

***

Weeks had passed since the trip. School had been hectic as usual and the students had been looking forward for the summer break. As for Lantis, he wouldn't care if it were the end of the world, what he had been thinking about was that he might not get to see Hikaru for a month. 'If you had the gall to confess to her earlier, there might be a possibility that you two will be a real couple and you wouldn't have problems on how you can get to see her during summer break…Or you might have scared her off and you won't get to be with her at all…' Lantis frowned with the thought.

"You look so serious Lantis…By the way, here's your schedule for the summer…"

"My what?!"

" Sche---dule, baka, sche--dule! I gave Hikaru her copy already; she said it's okay. What about you?" Lantis didn't mind that his friend called him baka. Besides his brother, only Eagle can call him that and get away with it.

"Hikaru's copy?"

"Dates…movies and stuff like that and oh, and even special kendo practice hours. The tournament is coming, if you do remember…"

"Oh yeah…"

"…Not that both of you need practice anyway, but you know what I mean…Come on and read it now…Tell me if there are any conflicts and I will adjust it for you." Lantis stared at his friend… Why, Eagle actually solved the problem he'd been musing over. "What now…? Oh nevermind that…Just read it so I can put any corrections if necessary."

"Thanks Eagle."

"No problem. Just how long do you intend to do this anyway?"

"I'm just afraid I'd scare her off, Eagle."

"Now 'afraid' isn't a word I'd usually hear from you. Man, if I haven't had that deal with you I'd just confess to her myself since you're just too slow!" Seeing Lantis' glare, Eagle said, "…But then of course we did have that deal so…"

* * *

Umi and Fuu noticed that their friend had been acting quite strange since that morning. They were about to ask her what was wrong when Hikaru said, "Ne…"

"Hmm?" Umi said.

"Have you ever been in love?"

Surprised with the question, Umi asked, "Why Hikaru?"

"Well…I just had this dream last night…"

"A dream?"

"Yes…Of being with someone…and he kissed my lips…Maa-don't mind me, I'm sounding silly now…giving too much of a fuss to some dream."

"Oh those kind of dreams…Usually you do get those when you dream of someone you are in love with…" Fuu said.

"…But, I can't remember who I was kissing…"

"It might mean you are not aware you are inlove with that person yet…"

"Me? In love with someone but not aware that I am? Isn't it kind of weird?"

"Uh-huh… Sometimes it does happen though…"

"Are you having dreams like this one I had too?" Hikaru asked Fuu.

Fuu blushed. "Yeah, Fuu…are you?" Umi said. "On the other hand, have you ever been in love Fuu?"

"A-anou…How about you Umi-san?" Fuu asked. This time, it was Umi's turn to blush. "Well…we are friends anyway so…I guess we'd better share secrets ne? Specially when it comes to the matters of the heart…"

"I agree, Fuu-chan."

"So you start first then Umi-san?" Fuu said, smiling.

"Hey that's not fair!" Umi said. "…Demo…I do have a special someone…I don't think he feels the same way though."

"I guess, we're kind of the same ne? It's just in my situation, I am not sure of his true feelings for me…If he's just nice to me because I help him a lot…"

"It's Ferio, right?" Fuu nodded.

"Your special someone is Clef, right?"

"…He'd been there for me a couple of times…And I know he do care for me, to some extent…He told me, he doesn't want to see me cry…So it means he cares for me in a certain way, ne? Demo, I really wish…he feels the same…"

"Aww, Umi-chan…" Hikaru said.

"Sometimes, it doesn't matter if he teases me a lot…I'm happy that he does pay attention to me…It may sound pathetic but…Oh well…enough about that…"

"It really sounds you are in love with him, Umi-san…"

"Well, I guess I am… 'love' is a powerful word though…How about you and Ferio, Fuu-chan?"

"What about us? It's like 'nothing' and 'something' at the same time."

Hikaru blinked. "Nothing and something?"

"He gives me flowers almost everyday, flirts with me sometimes, gets really sweet, treats me out for lunch, very often I may say…He has that look in his eyes, everytime he looks at me…There's something in his smile…that's the 'something' part."

"How about the 'nothing' part?"

"I've been waiting for the words, to come out of his mouth…but there was nothing…See, I have to hear it come from him…so I can be sure…I told you, there's nothing…He never made me feel sure…"

Ne, that's really confusing Fuu-chan…" Hikaru said.

"How about you Hikaru-chan…What exactly do you feel about Lantis?"

"I don't know…"

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I feel very comfortable and happy with him…like I'm comfortable with my brothers…and Eagle-sempai."

"Eagle-sempai?"

"Yes, but well there's something else…"

"Something else?"

"When he smiles at me…it feels good when he smiles at me…because he never smile that often…And he makes me blush…"

Umi laughed, "Oh Hikaru you think so much like a child…Nobody else could make you blush like he does ne?"

"Actually…"

"Huh?"

"Eagle-sempai does…"

"Naniiiiii????" Umi exclaimed. "Okay, who among the two you're reallllly more comfortable with?"

"Both…"

"…Who do you think is more handsome?" Fuu asked.

"Ne, that's kinda hard…coz they're both the same…"

"Who do you like to be with more?"

Hikaru didn't answer; she's really thinking very veryyy hard. "Oh well, it's hopeless, I guess it's not the right time for her to know such stuff…"

"She's 16 for Pete's sake!"

"Have you ever had a crush Hikaru-san?"

"No…"

"Oh…that makes it more difficult ne?"

Hikaru on the other hand is still in deep thinking…what does she really feel about Lantis? And what difference is it to what she feels about Eagle?

***

Clef and Ascot are walking home from school. "Ne, Clef…"Ascot started to say.

"What?"

"Do you like Umi?"

"What the heck are you asking me that for?!" Clef snapped, sounding very irritated. He hadn't been aware that he actually had shouted his denial.

"Well, I've been noticing, the way you…"

"Baka. You don't know what you're talking about."

"You haven't answered my question yet, Clef."

"I don't like her, so there! Happy now? You can go moping on her as you like I wouldn't care less…"

"Demo, Umi is really pretty isn't she?"

"Umi is a whining, spoiled, annoying brat, that's what she is!" He shouldn't have said that. He realized it more when he saw Umi looking at him, with hurt printed all over her face. 'She's…here…She heard…' He could have kicked himself right then and there. Head bowed down, she didn't dare let one tear fall from her eyes as she and her friends continued walking past them. 'That's what you get for being such a big liar Clef…Trying to hide your feelings in favor of your bestfriend. You're the biggest hypocrite in the whole world.'

"Why you…"He didn't see it coming, he just felt the heavy blow straight on his cheek. "Look what you have done! Look what you have friggin' done! She was happy being with you, you idiot! I could have given her up to you just to see her smile the way you make her do. You stupid idiot!" Another blow landed on his chin, and then another one… "You liar! You told her you don't want to see her hurt! Why did you have to hurt her?"

"I…hurt…her…" tears suddenly fell from Clef's eyes. "I hurt Umi…I love Umi…" Deep inside he wanted Ascot to hit him harder…He deserved punishment from hurting the most special person in his life…

Ascot stopped as soon as he heard. "You're an idiot…" He looked at his friend, nose bleeding and looking pathetic. "Should have told me that earlier…then none of this would have happened." He picked Clef up, put his friend's arm around his shoulder. "Maa---You're mother is gonna kill me when she sees this…"

"Hmph…Deserved it anyway…You sure did knocked the truth out of me…literally"

"You're still an idiot…"