Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ To Chose Or Be Chosen ❯ Chapter 1 - a plan is formed ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
To Chose Or Be Chosen

Chapter 1



Hikaru sat staring absently out over the gardens, thinking of how she would break the news to the men she loved.
"I can't stand to hurt them, and by choosing, one of them will be hurt....so I must choose neither." Her thoughts, spoken outloud, continued, "How I love them...it cannot be changed, and I will not hurt one to further my own happiness. I do wonder...with Eagle and I have the most powerful wills in Cephiro..could we will someone to Cephiro for Lantis or Eagle to fall for? I could suggest it to them." Hikaru sat and thought for many more moments (so many m's in a row...) before her thoughts were interrupted by the balcony doors being thrown open to reveal Eagle and Lantis with concerned faces.
"Oh, hi guys," came Hikaru's startled reply, her crimson eyes wide with surprise.
"So this is where you've been hiding," Lantis said as he sat down gently on the ground.
"We've been looking for you," Eagle mildly stated, not willing to admit that it had been the entire palace, not just he and Lantis. "You look sad, what's wrong?"
"Oh..it's nothing."
"Whatever happend to my energetic, beautiful Hikaru?" Lantis teased gently.
"You happened."
They all sat in silence, waiting for the comment that would save them from their discomfort.
Hikaru stated simply, "I'm sorry, but it is true, before I came to Cephiro or met the two of you, I never even thought of having a boyfriend or worrying about it."
"What you say is true, but the simplicity of your statement...well, it astounded me," Lantis replied almost apologetically. (hahahahahahaha)
"I can't choose between you! If I choose one, the other will be miserable, if I choose neither however, then there won't be a problem."
"Cephiro is a place of will, is it not?" quieried Lantis.
"Well of course it is," came Eagle's indignant reply.
"Well, sitting with me are the former Pillar and the second strongest will in all Cephiro or anywhere else for that matter, we could do something that mimicks summoning the Magic Knights, but of course not for the same reason," stated the Cail.
"...I think I see where you are going with this Lantis," Hikaru said despondantly (haul out the dictionary). "What if we will someone here, for one of you to fall in llove with instead of me, so that no one is miserable."
Lantis exclaimed, "Exactly!" (for one so dark and semi-depressing, he sure perks up (like coffee!))
Eagle replied, "It might work, if we combine all of our wills together."
~*~*~*~*~
"Oh where, oh where could my lovely Fuu be, oh where oh where could she - ACK!" screeched Ferio as Mokona jumped out of seemingly nowhere and pounced on Ferio. (Hey, he is the creator, he can do these things...I think)
"PUU"
"Phew, it's just Mokona, little fluffball," Ferio said sounding very relieved (not THAT kinda relieved, he didn't crap his pants).
"Puu puu puu!"
" Don't be such a schmuck. You could have scared me...I mean you could have tried that on someone else and scared them, resulting in your own death (hm..there's an idea), so don't tell me it was just a harmless prank."
"You highness," Clef began, having walked in on this exchange ( a very one-sided exchange).
"Ferio," interjected Ferio quickly. Clef sighed and acquised (Oh look, another big word! O_O).
"Ferio, Fuu is looking for you."
"She is? I mean of course, where is she?"
"Let's see...I met her in the hall and she was going towards the west chambers, or maybe she was coming from them, my memory is a bit dim (comes with being 745 years old I suppose)..."
Ferio left Clef mumbling to himself and started for the west garden where she was most likely to be. (How in hell did he know where to go?)
~*~*~*~*~
Fuu sat glaring at the drawing on the sheet of paper below, trying to decided whether or not it would be worth her time to fix it when she was suddenly encircled by a pair of arms.
"You were looking for me Fuu?"
"As a matter of fact, yes I was."
"Oh really?" Ferio murmurred as he nuzzled her neck.
"Ferio...."
"Yeah?"
"Oh, it's nothing, but I was kinda wondering (why can't she just spit it out!), would you like to have dinner tonight? I mean, if you aren't busy."
Ferio realeased his hold (were they wrestling?) on Fuu and came to sit beside her. "Do you really think I would pass up an opportunity to spend time with you? Of course I would love to have dinner with you!"
Fuu blushed, "I just thought ythat maybe Clef had somethi-"
Ferio cut her off, "You are by far more important than anything Clef could ever have planned for me (whoa that doesn't sound right...)."
"So tonight at say sevenish?" Fuu asked, neatly sidestepping what Ferio had just told her.
"I'll be there," came Ferio's fervent reply.
~*~*~*~*~
Umi ran quickly around the corner in hot pursuit of Mokona.
"Come back here you-you-you KING OF PUU!" (King of Puu? where'd that come from?)
"Puu!" came Mokona's frightening response.
Clef walked in, "You're tormenting Mokona again? Can't you two just get along?"
"Look midgit, my business is my own, it's none of your concern! So just BACK OFF (fiesty eh?)"
"You have such an attitude problem Umi."
"Shut...up!" Umi said dangerously.
"Puu!" Mokona screeched in terror. (how does a thing that says puu screech? hm...)
"Oh, by the way, Hikaru has been found."
"Good!" came Umi's heartfelt reply.
Clef began again, "Hikaru has been found, however, Eagle and Lantis are busy do something or other with her and don't wish to be disturbed."
Umi stood there only half-listening and began to wonder what Fuu was up to, not that she didn't care about Hikaru's plight (plight? was I drunk when I was writing this or something?). "Alright Clef, I got it," she sais as she walked briskly down the hall in search of the Wind Knight.
Fuu was found going through her closet in hopes of finding something new to wear for her dinner with Ferio.
"Fuu!" Umi shouted joyously. "What're you doin?"
Fuu replied with a deramy look on her face and was only capable of a very broken sentence, "Ferio...dinner...dress..."
"Oh, you two are gonna get it on?:
"Yes...I mean no! It's not like that, it's just dinner," Fuu said after being snapped out of her dreamy fantasies. "Don't you have something or someone to tend to? Ascott for instance, I'm sure he misses you."
"Good idea, you're obviously lost in your own absent thoughts."
Fuu screeched in outrage while Umi took her cue and went in search of someone else to pester.
~*~*~*~*~end chapter~*~*~*~*~

Umi is a bit of a joker and prolly out of character, but I don't really care. Same goes for Clef, but I like having Clef semi-absent minded, it plays well into my evil plans bwuahahahahahaha