Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ To Chose Or Be Chosen ❯ Chapter 3 - the unveiling of Kim's arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So, my muse has been on vacation. To be honest, lack of reviews (ahem!) has temporarily caused this story to be put on hold. Besides, the idea for my next story is currently engraved in my brain and won't get out.

So, it's time to now attempt to write this chapter, but since this story technically has a plot that has no idea where it's going (I like the beginning and the end, but the middle is sadly lacking.). On with the show.

Oh, anything in parentheses () are my random little comments, Italics are thoughts. Have a wonderful day!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kim sat in her newly assigned room and stared at her hands in something akin to horror. "How in the name of everything holy and sacred did I get here? I was just going to Tokyo Tower to look at the view, and THEN look at what happens. This is worse than the Wizard of Oz any day. Those two dudes with the purple and amber eyes are really starting to creep me out. They stare WAY too much for my comfort. I might just have to threaten them with bodily harm. Wait...can't do that now can I? Might result in my own execution or something. I really have to stop talking to myself, it isn't healthy. They prolly think I'm a big enough nutcase as it is. Who just drops from the sky?" Kim continued muttering until a knock came in the direction of the door. Kim jerked her head up, clearly startled, and went to the door to answer it. The aforementioned creepy-eyed guys (bwuahahahahaha) were at the door. "Can I help you?" came Kim's terse question.

"Why yes, we were wondering, would you care to join us for dinner?" the one called Eagle asked gently, his amber eyes dancing in amusement at the pitifully small girl in front of him. (is he going to eat her?)

"Oro?" Kim answered, clearly not expecting him to be so polite. She tilted her head as she glanced from Eagle to Lantis and back to Eagle again. He's kinda cute, but still, he has an air of...mystery about him. "Um..sure, why not."

"Wonderful, we'll swing by and pick you up, I hope you don't mind that Hikaru will be joining us?" Lantis said politely, not wanting to alarm the girl anymore than he already had.

"Of course not, and um..thanks" came Kim's startled reply.

"Anytime." came Eagle smiling reply. The two men turned to leave and Kim shut the door with a sigh. What am I getting myself into?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that evening Kim sat with her backpack empty and its contents strewed across the floor of her plush bedroom.

"What does one wear when dining with two men and a perky chick(peep!)? All I have are my anime shirts, various pairs of long shorts and my underwear! This is ridiculous!"

A tentative knock came from the door, Kim went to answer it grumbling all the way about nosy people. When she opened the door she gazed in awe at the sight of Umi and Fuu both carrying armloads of various articles of clothing.

"We thought you might be having some trouble finding something suitable to wear, since we all know that clothing in Cephiro and clothing on Earth are vastly different. May we come in?" stated Fuu in a very businesslike tone.

"Uh..yeah sure, come on in," came Kim's reply, her voice reflecting how much in awe she was.

"I think you would look lovely in a dark color…hm..we have some black here, about trying on this?" Umi asked while handing Kim a black Mandarin style shirt. The crimson piping helped the edges of the shirt stand out and make the wearer appear trim and thin (trim and thin? what kinda weed am I smokin?). Kim was also handed a matching skirt and shoved towards the changing screen. "Be quick about it, we don't have all day, we still have to work on your hair," Umi's command came crisply (like a cracker!).

"What's wrong with my hair?"

"It's short," replied Umi briskly. "It looks like you accidentally went to the barber instead of the hairdresser. In essence, it's a boy's haircut on a girl. THAT is what's wrong with it."

"Oh and it looks like you accidentally fell into a vat of blue hair color and it somehow managed not to dye your skin, so I'd shut up if I were you!"

Why must I always be the one to break up spats? Fuu thought as she opened her mouth to chastise the two overgrown children in the room. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, the skirt Kim had been given to try on was thrown over the screen and landed on her head, causing Umi to start laughing hysterically.

"It doesn't fit," came Kim's remark. "Have anything in a bigger size?"

"What do you mean it doesn't fit, by my calculations it should fit perfectly," replied Umi haughtily.

"It's too short."

"No it's not, you'll look lovely," came Fuu's soothing remark.

"If I wanted to look like a hooker, I would have talked to Caldina or whatever her name is and borrowed some of her clothes."

"Take that back!" cried Umi.

"It's what she looks like, she should wear more clothes!"

"CHILDREN! Back to work, dinner is scheduled to be served in an hour, we have much to do," Fuu said fiercely, daring them to defy her.

"We'll see if we have something a bit longer, but don't push your luck Kim," Umi said dangerously.

When Lantis and Eagle arrived to take Kim to dinner, she was elegantly dressed in a Mandarin styled black shirt with crimson piping, and a long sweeping skirt that swirled around her feet as she moved. Both of the men stared in shock at the girl that could look so ungirly then turn into this elegant being.

"Thank Pillar she can't possibly have that many more surprises," thought Lantis. Kim's next move surprised them all. She curtseyed (KIM!! You can curtsey, OH MY GOSH hahahahahahaha, you're really gonna hate me now) to the men and proceeded to thank them for their hospitality. The rest of the walk to dinner wasn't worth writing about. On to dinner! (onwards and upwards....)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hikaru's head popped up in pure glee as the aforementioned trio entered the dining hall. She ran over to greet her Lantis and Eagle and then grabbed Kim in a hug (random hug mode..). Kim gently disengaged herself from the hug and gave Hikaru a slightly threatening smile.

"I'm glad you could join us for dinner, it will be something new," Hikaru said with her usual perkiness.

"Oh, really, it's no big deal," Kim replied easily.

"So ladies, ready for dinner?" asked Lantis while escorting Hikaru to a chair at the long table. Eagle held out his arm for Kim to hold and led her to a chair across from Hikaru.

"Great, I'm going to have to look at Ms. Perky all through dinner." thoughtKim testily.

"We have something we wish to tell you, you might not want to associate with us after we tell you why you are here though," Lantis began quickly.

"Go for it, I'm not easily angered for the most part," replied Kim lazily, her interest piqued.

Eagle began carefully, "Both Lantis and I love Hikaru, and she loves us in return, however, we could not in good conscience force Hikaru to choose between us, so Lantis and Hikaru produced the idea of summoning someone from Earth here to choose for Hikaru."

"And by choosing for Hikaru, we mean for that girl to fall in love with one of us and then Hikaru will know which of us she is fated to be with," Lantis contined.

Hikaru jumped in, "Somehow, you were chosen to assist me in this...decision. If you decide you want no part in this, then we all forgive you and understand your reasoning."

Kim sat there and stared at the three residents of Cephiro in awe at what they had just told her. Never in her wildest dreams had she ever thought that something like would happen.

"I...I um..man, I don't have any idea what to say," Kim spluttered.

"You can choose to think it over and tell us when you have decided, if you decide to return to Earth, we will do everything in our collective power to help you," Eagle said gently.

"I think I can tell you now, I choose to..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heh, little cliffhanger huh? This story could go one of two ways, either she says yes or she says no and there's the scramble to figure out if and/or how she can return to Earth...bwuahahahahahaha!