MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Trusing the Distrust: Part One ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter Nine: Trusing the Distrust
Part One

By Kellyq

 

A couple of days have passed. During that time, Lan had been learning how to walk on his left leg. Jesse walked down the hallway with a tray of food. The tray contained, a small pint of milk, a plate of applesauce, mashed potatoes, and a strip of chicken.

Lan looked up and smiled when Jesse walked in. His smile faded when he saw the tray of food. Hospital food was not his favorite.

"Do I have to eat that stuff?" Lan muttered.

Jesse put the tray on the table. "I know it's not the best but it's something."

Lan groaned and hung his head. "Oh come on," Megaman said, "hospital food can't be that bad."

"Oh yea," Lan countered back, as his eyes shifted to his Net Navi, "you try eating food that tastes like cardboard for two days straight."

Jesse chuckled and shook her head. "Well, I have some other things I need to get done. But I do have some cards ... or better yet, battle-chips I can give you that I have no use for."

That got Lan and Megaman's attention. "You used to Netbattle?" Megaman asked.

"Of course," Jesse responded with a smile as her eyes sifted to Lan's Net Navi, "I use to be really good..."

Lan became curious. "What happened?"

The nurse rose to her feet and walked to the door. She stopped as she lowered her head. "She was deleted."


Chaud walked down the hallway and saw Jesse walking toward him. They were going to pass each other but Chaud decided to say something. The atmosphere was thick and the vibes changed from normal to negative. They both stood there, side by side. Chaud's expression darkened, as did Jesse's.

"I'm on to you Miss Yuriko ..."

A dark twisted smirk made itself known on the woman's face. "Feeling confident now that you have your Net Navi back?"

"Just stay away from Lan and Megaman." Chaud warned.

With nothing else said, the silver-haired boy walked down the hallway. Miss Yuriko turned and watched him.

"We'll just see about that Mr. Blaze - we'll just see," She said darkly, the dark twisted smirk still there.


Megaman turned and smiled when he saw that it was Protoman. Something didn't feel right though, like Something was up.

"What's going on?"

"It's Miss Yuriko ..."

"She's here? Don't worry, I'll keep my eye out for her."

Protoman sighed, trying to keep his temper cool. "Megaman, you don't get it - that so called nurse Jesse is Miss Yuriko!"

Megaman's eyes widened somewhat. It changed to paranoia. "I don't believe you, Protoman ... just because that lady looks like Miss Yurkio, doesn't mean she is Miss Yuriko."


"What makes you think it's her?" Lan murmured in confusion.

He didn't want to believe that. Lan didn't want to feel like a complete idiot. Chaud had a feeling that Lan wouldn't believe him. There was no time for Chaud to give Lan proof. He had to get the brown haired boy either out of the hospital or to another place in the building.

"I'm going to have to move you into another room," Chaud said firmly.

"If you want," Lan responded. "But I think you're a little paranoid."

Chaud narrowed his eyes. "Look, we can argue about this all day long about this - but you're moving into another room."


Maylu walked to Lan's room and knocked on the doorjamb. Lan looked and nodded his head once. That's when Maylu noticed how uncomfortable Lan looked.

"What's wrong?" she asked sitting across from him.

Lan sighed, looking the other way. "Chaud's being a little paranoid about that nurse Jesse. He think it's Miss Yuriko ..."

"Lan, I hate to say this but ..." Maylu said looking a little nervous herself. "There's something not right about her. What does Megaman think?"

Lan shrugged. He didn't know.


Roll sighed. "I know you don't want to believe that Jesse is Miss Yuriko, but you have to consider the possibility that she could ...."

Maylu's Net Navi wasn't really getting anywhere either. Lan's Net Navi wasn't really listening. Megaman stood there, with a shadowy expression.

"Megaman," she tried to reason again, putting her hands together, toward her own face, "I just don't want anything to happen to you or Lan - that's all."

Roll looked longingly at Megaman, hoping that if she hit a soft spot, Lan's Net Navi would hear her out. There's only one person who will make sure things happen...


"Protoman ..."

Chaud's Net Navi turned to see Roll running up. She stopped to catch her breath and looked up at Protoman. The red Net Navi stepped back. What does she want, Protoman thought. He started to feel slightly nervous, as Roll's green eyes looked into his. Will you stop looking at me like that, Chaud's Net Navi thought harshly. Looking into Roll's green eyes, set images of Megaman in the back of Protoman's mind.

"What?" Protoman finally asked, regaining his cool.

"I've got a feeling that something bad is going to happen - and Megaman just wont listen to me ..." Roll explained. "You're the only one who can help him - please."

Roll was now two feet away, and giving Protoman a pleading look. Maylu's Net Navi knew she was crossing the line, being in Protoman's personal space and acting weak.

Protoman put his hands on Roll's shoulders, and gently moved her to the side. "Chaud and I will have things done before that wench does something more to them."

Roll nodded her head. Protoman removed his hands and started to walk away. Maylu's Net Navi's back was turned. She was going to walk the other direction when Roll decided to say a few more words.

"I'm glad you're back ... things were really tense when you were under the Dark-Chip's control ..."

Protoman stopped dead and looked straight ahead. The two remained silent for a moment. The vibes where hard to read from ether Net Navi at the moment.

"I'm just doing what I'm told to do," Protoman said, as he continued to walk.

I doubt that, Roll thought with a smirk. I know the real reason why you're doing this.

To Be Continued ...