MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Spikes Vs Souls ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 12: Spikes Vs Souls

By KellyQ

Megaman suddenly appeared in Lan's P.E.T, that was lying on the table.

"What's going on?"

"It's Needleman," Protoman said, reporting the important information to Lan's Net Navi.

"You too take care of Needleman," Maylu declared, who had already cross-fused. "I'll take care of the virus."

She turned and ran out of the room, with a determined look on her face.

Be careful, Megaman thought, as he gave Protoman and Chaud a reassuring look. "She'll be all right ..."

"We better take care of Needleman," Protoman told them.

A sound came from Chaud's throat as he cleared it to get their attention. "Megaman, there's data in the computer I want you to get - Protoman, you'll have to keep Needleman at bay."

Both Net Navis nodded their heads. Chaud pointed the P.E.Ts towards the computer panel, and both Net Navis were soon on their way inside the computer.

The two Net Navis looked around, after they heard the sound of footsteps coming closer towards them.

"The data you'll need is that way," Protoman confirmed to Megaman, pointing to his left.

A snicker came from the their right. Protoman and Megaman turned around enough to see Needleman standing there. They both got into fighting positions, ready for anything.

"Megaman, get going!" Chaud demanded.

"Are you sure you're going to be all right?" Megaman asked Protoman.

"Yes," the red Net Navi murmured, reassuring Lan's Net Navi.

Megaman nodded his head and then took off in the other direction. "Be careful, okay?" Lan's Net Navi called over his shoulder.


Maylu's hybrid form rolled quickly out of the way, as a couple of viruses were ready to use their attacks. She got up, and jumped into the air.

"Ague power," she called out.

Water shot out from the floor, hitting and dissolving the viruses. Maylu's hybrid from landed on the floor, and turned around, using her Heart Slash attack.

By now, sweat was dripping down her face. Roll could feel that Maylu was becoming exhausted.

"We need to hold on a little longer, Maylu. Megaman and the others are counting on us!"

"I know, Roll - but I just don't know how much longer we can do this," Maylu said, panting.

At that exact moment, a whole formed three feet in front of her. Maylu's hybrid form blinked, as Rush popped his head out. The dog jumped out, looking as though he was ready to fight.


Megaman walked up to what looked like data in the shape of pillows. I have to work fast, he thought. Lan's Net Navi touched it and the data glowed. His hands inched lower, and looked like he started to do some typing himself. This might work, Megaman thought as he looked the data over. At that exact moment, movement caught Megaman's eye. He turned to see that a couple viruses were coming towards his direction.

I'm going to need some battle-chips, here.  He thought.

"Proto-soul," came a voice that happen to be Chaud. "Battle-chip in - download!"

Half of Megaman's outfit changed to part of Protoman's outfit. All twenty viruses took one look at him and started to run, knowing that they didn't have a chance. Before they could get away though, Megaman raised the electric sword and in one swift motion, the viruses were deleted. Lan's Net Navi let out a sigh of relief as he turned around and continued working on the data he needed to retrieve.


Protoman jumped into the air, ready to strike Needleman. The darkloid jumped back when Chaud's Net Navi landed a little to close to him for comfort.

"Wide-sword," came a voice that happened to be Chaud once more as he helped Protoman out. "Battle-chip in - download!"

The sword made itself known in Protoman's hand. "Let's go for a spin," the red Net Navi mocked.

Using his speed, Protoman took off running in the enemies direction. Needleman stepped back, as he noticed that Protoman twisted his body ever so slightly, and became what looked like a red tornado.

Needleman was so shocked that he couldn't move. "Area-shield," came a voice that happen to be Miss Yuriko. "Battle-chip in - download!"

The darkloid was moved from one place to another, with great speed. Protoman noticed this and stopped spinning, so that he could land safely on the ground.


Rush brought all his strength to his fist, and punched the virus in front of him. The brown dog turned his head to see that Maylu's hybrid form had on her hands on her knee's, and that she looked tired. Rush let out a worried whimpered.

Maylu hybrid turned her head and smiled softly.

"I'm okay, just tired."  She said, reassuring her friend.

The brown dog nodded his head, then turned back to look at the viruses. He looked at them for a moment and then started barking. Both Maylu and Roll just watched in awe.

I wonder what he's saying, Maylu hybrid thought.


Protoman and Needleman glared at each other, both ready to fight, sweat coming down both of their face's. At the exact moment, a hole formed between them and twenty to fifty viruses came out.

What's going on here, both Navi's thought in unison.

At the moment, Rush jumped out and landed in front to the pack of viruses. He let out a threatening growl, with great anger in his black pit eyes.

"Arff - Arff!" Rush barked angrily, pointing an accusing finger at Needleman.

Yuriko's Net Navi looked at the dog with a blank expression. Protoman was also confused by the whole thing. Rush let out another couple of barks, and all the viruses went straight for Needleman. The darkloid let out a yelp of shock.

Needleman stepped back and growled. "This isn't over - I'll get you and your little dog too!"

"Needleman, logging out." The computer informed the two warriors still standing.

The two swords that were in Protoman's hands dissolved. Rush nodded his head firmly, as though he were saying, 'yea - run you coward'.

"Rush?"

The two turned to see Megaman, who was still wearing the Proto-soul out-fit. The brown dog run up and jumped into the blue Navi's arms, licking his face. Megaman laughed with joy.

Protoman smirked. "I take it, that this is your dog?"

Rush hopped out of Megaman arm's and bounded towards Protoman. The red Navi almost yelped in shock, as he fell on his back, while the dog started licking Protoman's face. For a split second of fear, Megaman thought that Protoman was going to delete Rush.

The brown dog jumped off before anyone could do anything about it. Rush jumped into a near by hole and was gone.

"I'm so sorry - are you okay?" Megaman inquired, helping his crush to his feet.

"Yea. It just startled me when he did that, that's all," Protoman declared, as he brushed himself off.

Megaman blinked a few times, trying to piece together everything. He tried to stifle a laughter with his fist, but it turned out to be a giggle.


Chaud observed the whole thing carefully. He looked closely at his Navi, to see that Protoman had a soft expression on his face. Seeing how happy they both made each other, made Chaud smiled.

To Be Continued ...