MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Taking Control: Part One ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 15: Taking Control:
Part One

By KellyQ

 

Megaman looked down at Lan, who at the moment was resting. The brown haired boy looked more at peace than he had in the past few weeks. At that exact moment, Megaman looked up to see Chaud walking in.

"I need to talk to you, Megaman," Chaud informed. "I want you to come back to the mansion. Protoman will give you info."

Lan's Net Navi nodded his head, and was gone. Chaud walked up and gently touched his koi's shoulder.


Protoman turned and smiled when he saw Megaman walk up.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

The red Navi nodded his head. "Chaud is still trying to find a way so that you two can still cross-fuse .... and he's still not sure how he's going to fit in the memorial service with Lan's parents."

The reaction Protoman got was not exactly what he hoped for. Megaman's eyes darkened a bit, at the mention of Mr. and Mrs. Hikari.

"Protoman," Came a voice that happened to be Chaud. "Is Megaman with you?"

"Yea - and I just got done telling him about what's going on."

Just at that moment a computer-type window made itself known two feet away from them, and Chaud's face appeared in it.

"Megaman, I'm not all the way done with trying to figure out how you and Lan can cross-fuse - but Blazzquest and Sci-lab are not going to give up," Chaud explained. "And I also talked to Lan about the whole issue of Mr. and Mrs. Hikari -"

Megaman nodded his head. "What did he say?"

"He wasn't ready, and I'm sure you're not either."

Protoman watched Megaman the whole time. The blue Navi looked tense and flushed. Lan's Net Navi shook his head. "I may not be much help, but I'll do what I can."

"It won't take long for us to look for a place for the memorial service." Protoman told Chaud.

The white haired boy nodded his head. The computer window closed, as Megaman's expression darkened. Protoman stepped up from behind and wrapped his arms around Megaman.

"You shouldn't give up," Protoman murmured.

Megaman turned his head. "I know ... but without DR Hikari, what hope do Lan and I have for ever being a Net-saver ... it was because of me that things have now fallen apart -"

Before Megaman could finish, he was turned around and struck really hard across the face by Protoman. Megaman was a bit shocked, as he put a shaky hand on his cheek.

"I want to make one thing perfectly clear, Megaman - we're in this together! Chaud will find a way to make sure that you two will still be Net-savers ..."

"I have no doubt that Chaud will help us ... I still can't get over the fact that it happened -"

Protoman nodded his head and pulled Megaman into another embrace. "I know things are going to be different - but it doesn't mean that things can't get better."


Chaud sighed. He sat there deep in thought....

Chaud held Lan close, after doing some walking. That's when the brunette started to feel sick.

"I don't feel so hot," Lan murmured.

"You shouldn't push yourself," Chaud informed. He gently laid Lan down. "Also, I wanted to know how you wanted to do the thing with your parents."

"Do we have to do that right now?"

Chaud reached out and touched his koi's face. He was about to say something when he noticed that Lan's fore-head felt warm. I think I'm going to pull Lan out of the hospital, Chaud thought, he's been in there long enough.

"I'll see what I can do about pulling you out. You've been here long enough."

Lan let out a sigh of relief. "Good. The food tastes like cardboard."

Chaud rolled his eyes. "Just get some rest. But don't hold your breath on getting out of here quickly."

Lan rolled his eyes as well. "Yes mother," he teased.

Chaud couldn't help but smile. He rose to his feet, turned to walk out of the room, but stopped when his Navi called out for help.


The two Net Navis were about to slip up when some viruses decided make themselves known. One of them jumped forward, ready to attack Megaman. The blue navi held up his hand, and called out for an Electric sword.

The other viruses looked at each other for moment, expecting for the sword to come into Megaman's hand. After a moment of waiting, something unexpected happened that no one anticipated. The viruse attached it self onto the bracelet. Megman was about to yank it off, when the bracelet started to glow, causing Megaman to wince in pain.

"Megaman, what's wrong?" Protoman asked, seeing how the blue Navi was shaking in pain.

The virus jumped off Megaman when he saw the change in his eyes.

"It's ... the ... bracelet -" Megaman started to explain, as he reached for the bracelet to yank it off.

He didn't get far into telling how the bracelet was trying to effect him. Something was trying to cloud his mind - rid him of his thoughts. All the viruses watched in confusion, but one; it looked at the others for one moment and they all seem to understand.

Protoman stepped up ready to help Megaman. At that exact moment, all the viruses scattered and used their attack. Chaud's Net-navi shielded himself and winced in pain, but he stood his ground.

Protoman growled. "Chaud, come in!"

The viruses used their attacks again, and this time, Protoman jumped out of the way. "Chaud, I need help!"

"I'm here, what's going on?" Came a voice that happened to be Chaud.

"It's Megaman," Protoman explained. "Some viruses showed -"

Just at the exact moment, Protoman felt something slam real hard into him, knocking him down two feet away. Chaud's Net Navi landed real hard on his back. He groaned for a moment, sat up slightly and froze.

"Area-shield," came a voice that happened to be Chaud. "Battle-chip in - download!"

Protoman was quickly moved out of the way, just as the sword came down.


A dark twisted smirk made it self known on Miss Yuriko's face. This is too easy, she thought. Miss Yuriko looked down at her P.E.T.

"Nettleman, are you almost done?"

Her Net Navi appeared in the screen. "Security is a little tight, but I'm almost there."

Miss. Yuriko sighed and started to type things on her computer. "Just pick up the pace," she ordered. Miss. Yuriko looked back at the house. "Chaud may have a plan, and we need to avoid that!"

Nettleman rolled his eyes and was gone. You better not blow it, Miss Yuriko thought.

 

To Be Continued ...