MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Love between Navis ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 17: Love between Navis

By KellyQ

 

Protoman slammed the side of his fist against the wall. How could that whench have know? More importantly - how did he get played for a fool into thinking that there was a salutation to this.

"Protoman, I know you want to stay with Megaman," Chaud started, seeing how his Navi was not going to let the other Navi out of his sight.

The two were on their way to the hospital to get the other P.E.T.

Now he was stuck looking after Lan as he slept ... or so he thought.

The sound of Protoman slamming his fist against the wall had awoken Lan. He looked worriedly at Chaud's Navi.

"He's going to be okay, Protoman," the brown haired boy reassured the red Navi.

Chaud's Navi looked down at his hands. "I always thought I was the strongest - the one who could do anything -"

Man, I never seen Protoman act like this, Lan thought. "But you are - don't let some mistake keep you from doing the right thing," the brown haired boy continued. "And I know how much you care for Megaman -"

Protoman turned his head slightly with a thoughtful expression. At that exact moment, there was a knocking sound. Both boys turned to see Maylu standing at the door way.

"Is everything alright in here?" the red haired girl asked, feeling tension in the air, so much that the vibes could be read really easy.


Chaud looked down at Megaman who was in the recovery chamber. The white haired boy put his hand on the glass near Megaman's hand. The blue Navi looked so peaceful - sleeping. I hope you wake up soon, Chaud thought, Protoman's going to need you - we need you.

The white haired boy let out a snicker. It wasn't often that he clung onto hope. Maybe it was for his Navi.

He would do anything for Protoman.

They were - after all - best friends.

Chaud sighed - now the only thing to do now was wait for Megaman to wake up.


Both Maylu and Roll's eyes widened somewhat. "Where is Megaman now?" Roll asked.

"At Sci-lab," Protoman answered in a quite voice.

The pink Navi looked closely at Chaud's Navi. He did look a little out of it. There's got to be something I can do to help, Roll thought.

Than an idea come to her. "Maylu, why don't you send Protoman back to Sci-lab. I'll watch things here."

"You sure, Roll?" Maylu asked.

The pink Navi nodded her head. "I'm sure that Protoman would rather be with his koi than here," Roll said. She had a playful look on her face as she moved next to the red Navi, and elbowed him gently on the side. "Right?"

Protoman stiffened. How did she know? Lan blinked a few times, trying to process what he just heard.

His blank expression change to a smile. "No wonder why Megaman has been a little more happier these days - I guess it's true what they say -"

"And what's that?"

"Give a little love and it shines."

Everyone but Protoman chuckled, but the chuckle didn't last long with Lan. A sudden feeling came over him at that exact moment.

"Lan, what's the matter?" Protoman asked. He was the first to notice that sudden change.

The brown haired boysmiled. He knew what the feeling was. "You better get going -"

Maylu caught on what she had to do, by the vibes. She took hold of Chaud's P.E.T just as Protoman appeared on the screen.

"Good luck, Protoman," Roll murmured, as she watched Maylu run.


The door opened just as Chaud turned to see Maylu holding his P.E.T.

"What's going on?"

The red haired girl stood there panting. "Roll and I can look after Lan - that way Protoman can stay and look after Megaman."

Chaud sighed. "Alright. You can help -"

"Thanks Chaud," Protoman spoke up.

Maylu beamed and handed the P.E.T back to Chaud.

"Call if you need anything," she said as she turned and ran out of the room.

Chaud looked down at his Navi. "I'll be back in a half an hour."

Protoman nodded his head as the P.E.T. was placed next to Lan's.


Megaman slowly opened his eyes. He felt like he was in the sitting position - more like in someone's lap! Megaman looked down and merely panicked - he was being held by Protoman.

The blue Navi slowly looked up to see that the red Navi was resting ... or it appeared to be. Megaman slowly tried to move Protoman's arm away so he could slide out of his lap. He was successful moving Protoman's arm, but the arm moved back into place as he felt Protoman's body shift a bit. Megaman froze as Protoman leaned in.

"And where are you going?" the red Navi murmured in the blue Navi's ear.

"N-no where - just stretching my body," Megaman stammered.

Protoman moved his arms so that Megaman could sit next to him. The blue Navi just kept his gaze down.

Chaud's Navi sighed inwardly. He too looked down. "I know you think it's your fault," Protoman started. "But it's mine -"

Megaman sharply looked back at his koi, to see that Protoman was shaking slightly, and his expression was flushed. "All I wanted to do was protect you from getting hurt -"

Protoman paused when Megaman was right in front of him, and then pressed his body against Protoman.

"I know ..." Megaman murmured in the red Navi's ear.

The red Navi tightened his grip around his koi and sought out Megaman's lips. The only thing they didn't know was that Lan and Chaud were watching - making sure that everything was going to be okay with them.

To Be Continued ...