MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Coming Home? ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 18: Coming Home?

By KellyQ

Rush popped his head out and looked to see Megaman and Protoman talking. The dog couldn't help but smile at the sight - the two Navis were cute together. He let out a bark and the others turned to see Rush running up.

"Hey there big guy," Megaman responded, as the dog jumped into his arms.

Protoman reached out to pet the dog, but Rush managed to lick his hand. The red Navi smiled down at the dog and rubbed the back of Rush's head with his other hand. At that exact moment, a computer window opened and Chaud's face appeared inside of it.

"Protoman, I need you to do a couple of things for me before Lan is released."

The red Navi nodded his head, as Rush hopped out of Megaman's arm. "I'll be there in a few."

"How is Lan doing?" Megaman asked.

Chaud's expression softened a bit. "He's doing just fine. What about you - how are you doing?"

"I'm doing just fine," Megaman said kindly.

The white haired boy nodded his head. "That's good. You gave us a scare - oh, before I forget - Lan wants to talk to you."

Megaman nodded his head again. "I'll be there."

Chaud nodded his head. The window closed as Rush barked a few times. He went behind Megaman and pushed him toward Protoman. Rush barked again with a stern look on his face. The two Navis looked at each other, then to the dog and back. Rush pushed Megaman a little more until he was leaning against his koi.

Both Navis looked at each other as their arms wrapped around each other. Rush watched as the two koi's showed affection through a kiss. He nodded his head, turned and jumped into a hole nearby.


"Sorry I'm late, Lan. I was talking to Protoman," Megaman informed.

The brown haired boy smiled. "That's okay," Lan reassured his Navi. "But how are you feeling?"

"A little tired, but I'm alright for the most part. Protoman stayed with me the whole time ..."

Lan nodded his head. "I know," he started, the smile still there. "He really wanted to make sure you were alright -"

Megaman blushed. "I know - he told me -" He wanted to tell Lan they were together.

Lan looked softly at his Navi. "I'm happy for you and Protoman -"

"Thanks, Lan," Megaman responded kindly. "That means a lot to me - and same goes for you and Chaud."

Lan nodded his head. "Thanks, pal. But the main reason I wanted you to come back is to ask you a question -" the brunette continued. "How does living with them sound to you?"

Megaman rolled his eyes. "You know the answer to that one."

"Just checking," Lan chuckled.


Protoman appeared in the P.E.T. He knew very well what Chaud meant when he said 'I need you to do a couple of things before Lan is released.' The tone in his Netop's voice gave him the notion.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

Chaud nodded his head. "Are you sure Megaman is alright - according to Lan's P.E.T. he's still low on energy."

Protoman looked thoughtful for a moment. "He has been acting a little out of it since he got out of Sci-lab -"

"We'll think of something," Chaud tried to reassure his friend.

"That's not what I'm worried about," Protoman said roughly. "Every time we try anything - Miss Yuriko is one step a head of us - and Megaman is always the target."

Chaud sighed, his eye showing a lot of emotion - his mind drifting to his conversation with Lan ...

"There's no need to be blaming your self for what happened," Lan reassured his koi. "I know you were trying to help - now come here."

Lan took hold of Chaud and pulled him into a kiss - to reassure the white haired boy, that things were going to be okay.

Protoman looked at his Netop for a moment. "Chaud," the red Navi spoke up. "Are you alright?"

"Yea, I'm fine," the white haired boy reassured his navi. "Just thinking."

A knowing smirk slowly made it self know on Protoman's face.


Miss Mari walked into the room, but something didn't feel right. The look in her eyes was darker than normal.

"How are you feeling," she asked, sitting next to Lan.

Megaman watched closely. He didn't like the vibes he was getting - nor the look.

"I'm doing just fine," Lan answered, snapping Megaman out of his thought. "I'm going home with Chaud tomorrow -"

A dark twisted smirk slowly made itself known on the woman's face. She pulled out a damp cloth, and in one swift motion, she put the cloth over Lan's mouth.

"Miss Mari, what are you doing?" Megaman asked in shock.

A muffling sound came from Lan as he tried to move the damp cloth from his face. Why was Miss Mari doing this him? Did he do something wrong?

Miss Mari's eye shifted to Megaman. Her eyes are like, he thought, looking straight at her - realization sank in - it wasn't Miss Mari at all. Megaman's eyes widened, knowing who it really was - but his eye's changed to great hate.

"Get away from him, Miss Yuriko!" Megaman demanded.

He tried to look like a threat in hopes that Miss Yuriko would back off. By that point Lan was out cold, and Megaman was starting to feel helpless.

"I'd be careful if I were you," Miss Yuriko warned. She pressed the cloth further into Lan's face. "You don't want anything else to happen to him, do you?"

Fear was clearly shown on Megaman's face when Lan's facial color changed somewhat. He had to do something - but what?

Megaman sighed in defeat. "What do you want?"

The two looked at each other for moment, the one thing they didn't count on was Rush - hiding. His expression hardened, knowing what he had to do. Rush only hoped that he was going to be quick about it.

To Be Continued ...