Mortal Kombat Fan Fiction ❯ Of Serpents and Sirens ❯ A Little Black Magic ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cassie wasn't paying attention as she turned the corner and ran right into Fujin, nearly falling to the ground if his hands hadn't of caught her.

She looked up at him and smiled shyly.

"Hey. I'm...uhh...sorry. Wasn't paying attention where I was going."

He smiled back, "No need to apologize Cassandra. Are you unhurt?"

"Yep, all fine."

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Fujin looked down at her questioningly.

She scratched her head and giggled, "Uhh, to get my aunt something to eat. I mean after that seizure...I thought she might want be hungry."

"That is kind of you, Cassandra."

Cassie put a hand on her hip and poked him in the chest, "You know you can just call me Cassie, right?"

He nodded.

"Well?"

"May I accompany you to fetch food for your aunt?"

She looked at him in shock. "What?"

"I will help you. Come, the kitchens are this way."

Fujin turned around and began walking down the hallway. After a few steps, he stopped and looked back.

"Are you alright?"

That shook her out of her shock and she nodded, "yeah, of course. Lets go, Windy."

They were silent the entire way to the kitchens. She kept glancing up at him, her eyes tracing his jaw and falling to look at the glowing tattoo on his arm and back up to his hair. 

'Hot damn.'

The monks were very helpful in gathering items for a plate for Lily but she noticed something up on a shelf.

"Hey is that chocolate?"

One monk looked at it and nodded, "Yes, you may take it if you think it will help Miss Lily."

"Awesome! And would you be able to go ahead and take this plate to her?"

The monk bowed, "Yes, right away."

"Thanks!"

She rushed over and hopped up on the counter much to Fujin's surprise.

"Cassandra what are you doing?"

"Getting the chocolate, of course. Aunt Lily loves chocolate."

She stood up and stretched a hand up, but realized she was still too short. 

"Damn it! Come on!"

Fujin chuckled under his breath and flicked his hand, sending a small breeze to push the chocolate closer to her hand but he didn't expect her to lose her balance and fall back.

"Cassie!"

Using his wind to boost him he quickly ended up below her, catching her in his arms.

Cassie looked up at him and froze.

He looked so worried, he didn't even try to set her down yet.

"Are you alright?"

"Did you just call me 'Cassie'?"

Fujin quickly set her down and stepped back. "You should be more careful, Cassandra."

"Oh no, you don't Fujin. You called me 'Cassie', didn't you?"

His cheeks turned pink and she giggled.

"Fujin its okay. Its not against any law or anything to call me that."

"No it is not."

"So quit your blushing and get the chocolate, please?"

"Very well."

He stepped close to her, one hand gripping the counter on one side of her as he reached out for the chocolate with the other, effectively trapping her against the counter. When he pulled back with the chocolate a slight breeze tickled her neck just under her earlobe causing her to bite back a moan.

"Are you well?"

She shrugged, "Yeah...oh yeah, just peachy."

Fujin leaned in close and grinned, "Then why are you blushing....Cassie."

Her eyes snapped to his and she gaped at him.

"You did say my name! You....you big bag of wind."

He laughed heartily, "I am the god of wind, Cassie. I do not think you have thought these insults through."

Cassie huffed and pushed him back.

"You...you-oh hell with it."

She grabs his shirt and pulls him down to her level and kisses him hard.

He freezes stock still, shocked but also pleased at the feel of her lips against his. It was foolish to want this with a mortal, but she was different. She was vivacious, full of life, headstrong, a competent fighter...and quite beautiful as well. His stomach clenched.

She lets go and tries to step back from him but his hands catch her, dragging her back against him as he crashes his lips to hers with a groan.

She moans into his mouth and wraps her arms around his shoulders, one hand running through his short locks. He lifts her up to sit on the counter, pulling her body flush against his as he nibbled at her lips.

They broke apart and Fujin pressed his forehead to hers.

"This is not necessarily forbidden Cassie, but in front of an entire kitchen staff?"

"Like I care." 

"You are...strangely refreshing."

She laughed before pulling him back for another kiss which he returned eagerly.

/  -  /  -  /  -  /

When they had parted ways, she had pinched his behind and winked at him which confused and aroused him at the same time.

'Such a strange, fearless, beautiful woman.'

He shook his head before a rumble of thunder caught his attention. That was Raiden, he was sure of it. For today there were to be no storms.

Something was wrong.

He took off in a run towards the courtyard and when he reached it, his brother was already waiting.

"Brother, what is wrong?"

"We must speak Fujin. It is of the upmost importance."

Fujin nodded, "Of course. What is it?"

"I have spoken to Shang Tsung. Apparently there have been complications that have arisen due to his pursuit of Lily Cage."

"Pursuit? Brother from what Cassie has told me, it was much more carnal than that."

"You have spoken to Cassandra?"

"Yes, from what Lily has told her, They were intimate many times. Six times to be precise. Cassandra was very adamant to point that out."

'If only she knew what gods are capable of.'

He bit back a chuckle at the red tinge to his brother's cheeks.

"Yes, well it is of no purpose to this situation. I require a vial of the waters of the Jinsei."

Fujin looked at him in shock, "The Jinsei? Why?"

When Raiden finished repeating all that he and the sorcerer spoke of he shook his head.

"I am wary, brother. What do you suggest?"

"If it was just Shang Tsung's life at stake, I would say no but Lily is tied to this now and she is an innocent bystander. We must make sure she is safe from further harm. Collect the water but collect two vials. We must have a back-up plan to fall on."

The wind god nodded, "Very well. Should we leave now?"

"Yes. We must make haste."

Raiden raised his hands, lightning struck the earth surrounding them and in a flash they were gone.