Mortal Kombat Fan Fiction ❯ Of Serpents and Sirens ❯ Whispered Promises ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

"Will you stop grinning at me like that Johnny Cage?"

"What?"

"You have a foolish look on your face when you look at me."

Johnny laughs, "Well I wonder why...thunderstruck."

Raiden's cheeks turn pink and he turns away.

"Please, Johnny. While I do not regret the events of last night, I would rather keep it between us."

Johnny lays a hand on Raiden's chest.

"Okay big guy. But you are coming to my room tonight, right?"

The taller man looks around them for a moment before leaning down and pressing a hungry kiss to the other man's lips.

"My rooms. They are bigger."

Johnny returns the kiss eagerly before stepping back with a grin. He slides his sunglasses down and winks, "I like how you think. Good boy."

Raiden groans, "Johnny..."

"Sorry...sorry."

"Well, good morning you two."

Raiden gives a long suffering sigh, "Good morning, Cassandra."

She stands there, staring at them both until Fujin comes around the corner, brushing her cheek before gently kissing her.

"Dearest."

He looks up at his brother and smiles, "I trust your evening was eventful?"

Johnny shakes his head, shocked, "Okay, hold up...what?"

Cassie grins and smacks her dad on the shoulder. "Oh come on dad. How do you think Raiden ended up at the hot spring last night at the same time you did?"

He's stunned, gaping at the three of them. Pointing a finger at Cassie and then Raiden. She nodded.

"You set me up?"

"Duh."

She sighed, "Dad, Raiden's been pining for you as long as I've been alive but he was just too damn shy to do anything about it. So Fujin and I gave a little push. And well...you know the rest."

Johnny shakes himself out of his shock, "First of all, that's sneaky and underhanded. Thank you."

"Your welcome."

"I'm not finished. You, big guy, you were in on this too?"

Raiden looked sheepish, his cheeks tinged pink again. He clears his throat. "I...umm...it..."

"Yes or no? Did you know?"

"Yes."

"And you say your shy? With the way you were last night...I call bullshit on that."

The thunder god looked at him shocked. "You...are not upset?"

The smaller man laughs, "Hell no. I got a taste of that dick. I'm fucking fantastic."

Cassie groans, "Oh god dad! Please? Look, I know you enjoyed yourself but don't go into detail please?"

Raiden suddenly feels rather mischievous and smiles back. "You tasted rather...delicious yourself, Xīn'ài."

And then he turns, walking away leaving Johnny's jaw on the floor. Fujin just chuckles.

Cassie just gapes after him. "Holy shit."

Johnny grins after a moment and throws his head back and laughs loudly.

"He definitely learns quick."

He winks, "I know that from experience. Hey big guy! Wait up!" 

And he's running to catch up to the god, placing a hand on the taller man's low back.

Fujin just shakes his head, "He is rather relaxed today."

"Well yeah."

"Come, Cassie. The last day of the tournament is here. We must be prepared."

 

/  -  /  -  /  -  /

 

He came to first, his arms automatically reaching for Lily, sighing when his hands touched her flesh. When he noticed she was still sleeping he allowed himself a soft smile. His eyes traced her form and his heart leapt as he remembered the previous night. They had made love off and on the entire night. Explored each other's body until nothing was hidden from either of them. She had not turned him away. She had accepted him. Accepted his heart.

'So unexpected...how freeing this feels.'

His eyes still over her still flat stomach and his smile widened. Soon...her stomach will be much rounder, growing to accommodate his son.

'Their son.'

A hand gently glides over her abdomen and he leans close pressing a kiss over her belly button. And a word flits through his mind and he nods, speaking with a smile...

"Fai...Fai Tsung, my son...I never thought I would have a child. Yet here you are. Can you even hear me? Can you understand me?...Do you know how truly lucky you are? Your mother is an amazing woman. So strong and beautiful."

He pauses, taking a deep breath, exhaling it over her abdomen, "I swear to you now that you will grow in happiness...and you will know both your mother's love and your father's. I swear it on my life, my son."

Her stomach hitches as a sniffle is heard and he looks up, suddenly feeling very foolish. He had been talking to her stomach after all.

But the soft, happy look on her face...and the emotion shining in the unshed tears in her eyes made his breath catch.

'Had she always been this beautiful?'

She traces his cheek, "Fai?"

He clears his throat, pulling back from her, embarrassed. "It means 'beginning'...I thought..."

She smiles brightly, "Fai Tsung. It's perfect."

At his last name on her lips his eyes flick to her hands, a sudden thought shocking him before he smiles.

'Not quite yet perfect.'

He moves up her body, hands caressing her breasts and she gasps.

"Shang..."

And just before their lips touch, a knock on the door interrupts them.

"Ignore it, my sweet." He kisses her roughly, growling into her mouth as the knock comes again.

He pulls away and yells at the door, "YES?"

"Master Shang Tsung...it is the final day of the tournament..."

He groaned, muttering something about damned, infernal tournaments, his head dropping to her stomach and she giggles when he presses light kisses over the flesh there.

"And?"

"The emperor has arrived."

His head shot up.

"What?"

"Emperor Shao Kahn has requested your presence."

He is quick to move off the bed, flicking his hands over his form, clothes quickly materializing.

"Extend my apologies to his excellency for the wait. I shall be there momentarily."

"Yes, master."

Lily sat up shocked, "the emperor...Shao Kahn, correct? What is he doing here?"

"I do not know. And that does not bode well. He usually does not appear at the tournament unless a victory for Outworld is assured and it hasn't been for the last two tournaments. Raiden has seen to that. With the ways things have gone this tournament...earthrealm will win again."

"Well that's a good thing isn't it?" She places a hand over her belly.

He sighed, returning to the bed. His hands gently held her cheeks as he sweetly kissed her, placing a hand over hers. "My sweet, I have been bound to Shao Kahn's service for ten thousand years, forced to host this tournament for him. I do not regret the many years I have lived, only that our paths had not crossed sooner."

"What will happen now that he's here?"

"Again I do not know, but I must meet with him. His temper is vast and his control thin. It would not do to make him angry."

"Well then I'll come with you."

She moves to stand but he stops her. "No. I will not let the emperor see you, hehua. Stay here. I want you, both of you, as far away from him as you can possibly be. You must not bring his attention to you. And you, Xiǎo huǒ, cannot be seen either. Stay here, guard her and the baby. Don't leave her side at all."

The little dragon settles around Lily's shoulders, and chirps, nodding its head at him before nuzzling into her hair.

He kisses her once again and turns away walking to the door.

As his hand touches the door knob her voice is soft in his ears.

"I love you, Shang Tsung, you know that right?"

His heart leaps and he smiles back at her but he cannot find the strength to say it back, not yet. "I know, hehua."

And then the door is softly closing behind him, Lily cradling her stomach as if it holding her child.

"Don't worry, Fai. Your father's a smart man. He'll figure this out. Hopefully."