Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Koukyuu ❯ Enter...Memories ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome looked around the living room, her nose wrinkled slightly. Apparently half the base had decided to take an...art day. Sasori and Pein were making their respective puppets, Konan was playing with her paper, and Deidara seemed to be molding...clay?

She peered over the blond's shoulder curiously, and blinked when he held out a small bird for her to see. She grinned, and moved to touch it, but he moved his hand away quickly.

"I'll make you something that doesn't have C4, yeah," he said quietly, and she looked at him sharply.

"You're making volatile explosives in the base?" she whispered, her eyes wide.

"It only explodes at my command, yeah," he said, grinning at her as she watched his hands 'chewing' clay with rapt attention.

"So it was true about the mouths..." she whispered, and he shrugged.

"It was one of the forbidden techniques I stole from my village before I left. What's your favorite animal?" he asked, and she smiled at him.

"Take a guess?"

Kagome stared at the small clay turtle that was held out to her, and grinned, carefully taking the figure from his long fingers.

"You were wrong, but this is really damned cute. Thank you," leaning forward to press a kiss to his cheek, she vanished in a shadow, leaving behind a blushing blond, two amused males, and one frustrated female.

VI

A small smile played across her lips as she watched Pein attempt to bake a cake. The man was currently growling at the eggs that refused to crack properly. He looked over his shoulder at her, a fierce scowl on his face.

"Would you kindly help?" he demanded, and she shrugged.

"I've never been good at baking, hun. But I can crack an egg for you," she giggled, hopping off the counter to take a new egg from his grasp.

"Why is it you're trying to bake a cake of all things?" she asked as she threw away the shell and checked for bits in the bowl before adding it to his mix.

"Its his birthday today," the man said quietly, making her look at him curiously.

"Who's?" she demanded, and he looked at her.

Kagome's eyes widened, and she let her palm hit her forehead as she groaned.

"I forgot? REALLY? Son of a bi-" the word was cut off as rough lips melded to hers.

"I didn't intend for you to know my birthday in the first place, koi," Madara murmured as he pulled back from the slightly stunned female.

VI

Blades clashed fiercely as the two undead battled. Kagome watched from the sidelines as two of her lovers practiced utilizing their puppets' swords. The soft brushing of fabric against her back was her only warning as Itachi sat beside her, wrapping an arm about her waist loosely, his warmth seeping into her cold form.

"Its the middle of winter and you aren't moving around at all out here. Are you trying to get a cold?"

Kagome smiled at him as he proceeded to envelope her in the large afghan and pull her into his lap. She nuzzled against his neck as he wrapped his own blanket around both of them.

"I wanted to watch them spar," she said quietly, and his black eyes watched the blades singing through the air before clashing brightly.

"You dislike their...puppets. I assume its the swordplay that caught your eye?" he asked, his breath coming out as a white cloud as he sighed.

"It brings back memories," she whispered, her eyes hooded as she watched the blades meet repeatedly.

"Of?" his curious nature had surprised Kagome at first, but she found it to her liking.

"A lover that I had. Before I met Madara and Pein," she murmured, her eyes leaving the spar to stare at her lap.

"They said you weren't from this world. Was that true?" Itachi asked, resting his chin on the top of her head as she snuggled against his chest.

"My circumstances are strange themselves. I could cross time. Whether that was due to some strange mutation in me, or an artifact I held, I don't know. A friend of mine made a wish on a powerful jewel...and I woke up in this world. Strangely enough...I landed in the hot-spring that Madara and Pein were bathing in," Kagome giggled at the memory.

"Wishing on a jewel...is that like wishing on a star, yeah?" the couple looked up at the rough, and grumpy sounding voice, and Kagome smiled at the blond, while Itachi merely stared at him in curiousity.

"No...the jewel could actually grant the wish. I don't believe there's a star that does that," Kagome smiled as she took the small cat figurine from Deidara, but shook her head, making him pout.

"What was the wish?" Itachi asked quietly, and Deidara stared expectantly at her.

Kagome sighed as she petted the small cat, a wistful smile on her lips.

"He wished for everything to turn out for the best."
Converting /tmp/phph4f2U5 to /dev/stdout