Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama in Narutoland ❯ Forty-eight ( Chapter 48 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kurama in Narutoland
 
oOo
 
Chapter Forty-eight:
 
oOo
 
Naruto smiled as they made their way at a leisurely pace through the forest. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and the natural scent of the forest plumed around them like smoke. “Kurama,” Naruto said with a cute curious look, “where are we going, anyway?”
 
Kurama merely smiled mysteriously.
 
“And what about Neji? Wouldn't he be mad if he didn't see you for five years?”
 
Kurama's smile was wiped off his face immediately and was replaced by one of contemplation. “I could always leave you to a set of training exercises and visit him,” he said simply.
 
A horrified look made its way to Naruto's face. “You aren't going to be like ero-sennin, are you??” he asked with wide eyes.
 
Kurama's melodious laugh spread through the foliage at the question. “Of course not, but I can't baby you along either. You have to become independent, as I won't always be there to help you out in the future.”
 
“That makes sense,” Naruto said carefully after a pause.
 
“Of course, this will be no easy training. Not by a long shot,” Kurama said with a sadistic grin.
 
Naruto's eyes widened and he groaned slightly. “You're as bad as that second exam examiner,” he complained.
 
Kurama merely chuckled. “I'm sure.”
 
-Toki Mirage-