Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ mischief's cracktastic shorts ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: For the awesome Cindelius.
Pairings: one-sided SasuNaru and a hint of one-sided not really KakaNaru O.o
Warnings: none really, just Naruto lovin' his ice a little too much XD
 
 
 
“Man, it's way too damn hot out here,” Naruto groaned, checking the placement of the midday sun to estimate the time. “It wouldn't be so bad if there was a breeze or something.”
 
The jacket and mesh shirt had long since been discarded on the ground next to him and the hideous orange pants had been rolled up to his knees. Sasuke inwardly snorted and wondered why he bothered to leave them on. They had to be sticking to him awkwardly, more so than his own clothes even. `And it's not like it would've been the first time the loudmouth stripped down to barely nothing for the sake of comfort,' he thought disdainfully.
 
Shoving his thoughts aside, Sasuke huffed in annoyance, “It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't complain every two minutes.” Since it appeared they were taking a break from their sparring session, he figured he might as well take advantage of it and allowed himself to drop heavily to the ground as well.
 
Kakashi sat, seemingly unaffected by the stifling heat despite the ridiculous amount of clothing he wore, under the protective shade of a nearby tree, face stuffed in his favorite raunchy novel. For all they knew, he could've been asleep. Except, of course, for the couple of times he chuckled at Naruto's whining.
 
“You'd think I was torturing you,” the jounin drawled as his feet lifted from the cooler they'd been resting on and shoved it toward them.
 
Naruto quickly opened it and tossed Sasuke a bottle of water before drinking his own in almost one big gulp. The blond was still panting slightly when he finally grumbled a reply. “Well, you might as well have been. Holding our drinks hostage like that.”
 
Sasuke took a couple of sips and then sat for a moment with the ice-cold bottle against his face and then the back of his neck to help cool him down. Just because he was a master of fire jutsu didn't mean he wasn't susceptible to heat exhaustion just like everyone else.
 
“It's so hot. I feel like I'm being cooked!” Naruto complained once again, and Sasuke was no longer able or willing to let it go.
 
“Shut up, already. You're not the only one.” Reaching into the cooler, he grabbed a handful of ice and chunked them at his noisy teammate.
 
“Hey!” the blond started to protest as he was pelted by several cubes of ice but stopped mid-sentence as a grin began to spread across his face. “Oh, that's cold!”
 
Naruto reached down, picked up a piece of ice, and slowly ran it over his bare forehead. It melted quickly, dripping water everywhere it went. Sasuke watched as the droplets began to merge with his sweat, forming larger drops that began to roll in small streams down his overheated skin. Around and around the ice went until it was nothing more than a sliver he could barely grasp between his fingers. Naruto then popped it in his mouth, and with a crunch, the ice was gone.
 
No sooner than he'd swallowed it, he was reaching back into the ice chest for another piece. This one roamed over his cheeks, down his chin, and over his throat as his head tilted back slightly. Water was dripping down Naruto's chest and stomach, and there was a small pool beginning to form in his navel.
 
When Sasuke caught himself wondering if the puddle was still cold or if it had already warmed from his teammate's body heat, he quickly averted his gaze. He'd heard people say the heat can make you crazy and was beginning to think it was true. It certainly seemed possible. He already blamed the heat for the redness in his cheeks; it would be so much easier to blame it for his thoughts as well. Taking another long pull from his water bottle, he finished it off as his eyes scanned distractedly over the training grounds.
 
Glancing back at Naruto, Sasuke found him still bathing himself in ice, and really, how long was he going to do that? Biting down the scathing remark on the tip of his tongue, he cast a quick look at Kakashi and had to do a double take.
 
The jounin was sitting there with his uncovered eye peeking up over the cover of his book, watching the ice intently as it traveled over Naruto's abs, making the blond sigh in contentment.
 
`What the fuck was that?' Sasuke blinked, completely dumbstruck. `Surely he wasn't…' When he opened his eyes again, he found Kakashi's gaze no longer on Naruto but instead, turned right toward him. He stared unflinchingly right back at his team leader for a few seconds until allowing his eyebrow to finally creep upward a fraction in silent question. Curving into a smile, Kakashi's eye simply went back to reading his book, leaving Sasuke more confused than ever.
 
“Oh, man, this is great! You gotta try it, Sasuke.” Naruto's voice managed to startle him out of his shock, and he was begrudgingly grateful for the distraction from his disturbing ponderings.
 
Scowling, he called Naruto a moron.
 
At which, Naruto threw some ice, Sasuke threw it back, and then they were fighting. Naruto desperately tried - and almost succeeded - in getting a handful of ice down Sasuke's pants, while Sasuke tried to shove his rival face-first into the dirt. Kakashi just continued to sit there reading his porn, occasionally glancing up to point out holes in their defenses thereby ensuring neither got the upper hand.
 
And, for the moment at least, everything was back to normal.