Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Sugar Cookies ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Not ours.

Title: Mission Iruka Christmas
Chapter Rating: PG
Theme: Sugar Cookies
Authors: Kiss and Tell
Music: mix CD with Another Night, Ever Fallen In Love, Everytime We Touch, etc on it.

Rating: PG
**********************************************************

"Th... these are for you!" Ayame pushed a small package at Kakashi-sensei before blushing and half running to the back of the ramen shop.

Kakashi stared at the still warm package for a moment before setting it aside to eat his ramen. Iruka's eyes didn't leave him as he broke the chopsticks apart.

"Aren't you going to open it?"

Kakashi raised his visible eyebrow at him, "It smells like sugar cookies, so no."

"But..."

"No." Kakashi said, answering Iruka's next unspoken question. "They wouldn't taste right with ramen."

"But she'll think you don't appreciate it."

"Will she now?" Kakashi's tone the usual impassive boredom.

Iruka poked at his noodles and frowned.

"You don't appreciate it?" he asked his voice barely above a whisper.

"Appreciate what, exactly? Her baking me cookies, or what she's implying by doing so?" the silver haired nin asked. He set his chopsticks down and looked at the other man.

Iruka drank his tea and refused to look anywhere but at his bowl.

"It's obvious she likes you," he finally managed.

"I suppose it is. Does that bother you, Sensei?" he asked as he leaned over and the last word was spoken mere inches from the chunin's ear.

It took a great deal of effort not to choke on his tea. "Why would it bother me?"

"If I knew, I suppose, I wouldn't be asking now would I?"
Iruka could feel his breath through the mask and the warmth of it clung to his neck in the cool air.

"Would you like me to share my cookies with you, Iruka-sensei? I'd be more than happy to share with you..." Kakashi's voice was lower and the tone implied something far more perverted was intended than simply eating cookies.

Iruka stiffened as the blush spread across his cheeks.

"I think Ayame-san's feelings would be hurt if you did, don't you?"

"Ah, but Ayame-san isn't here, so how would she know? Are you going to tell her who I share my cookies with?"

His covered mouth brushed against the stray hairs that hung beside Iruka's cheek.

"I won't tell her if you won't. I mean we wouldn't want to hurt her feelings after all."

Iruka shivered and it wasn't because of cold.

"If you were just going to give her cookies away, why did you even bother accepting them? I'm sure they were intended for you, not others."

Kakashi chuckled but remained where he was.

"Ah but once you give somebody a gift it's theirs to do with as they please. And it's not as though she stayed around long enough for me to refuse now is it."

Iruka turned slightly to frown at Kakashi.

"If you accept them though she's going to think you like her," he pouted. "And that's really not fair to her, she's hardly more than a kid."

Kakashi laughed and sat back.

"You really are worried about her. I thought you were just being jealous."

Iruka pushed him slightly. "I'm serious."

"I know you are, that's what makes it so cute," Kakashi said still laughing. "If it makes you feel any better when I get the chance I will break it to her gently, I'll even return the cookies if you like."

"Well we could get her a gift instead I suppose. That way she wouldn't feel so bad." Iruka smiled slightly. The cookies really did smell nice.

"Great idea, we need to do some shopping for presents anyway."

They quickly finished their ramen, each thinking of presents for different people.