Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Presents ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Mission Iruka Christmas
Chapter Rating: PG
Theme: Presents
Music Selection: Same as above
Disclaimer: Well at least I can have them together for the holidays in my fics. *sticks out tongue at Santa* Even if you won't give me what I really want.

**********************************************************

Ayame smiled at the two shinobi who ducked under the cover of her father's ramen stand. She was even happier when she realized who they were.

"Hatake-san, Umino-san, how are you today?" she asked as they sat down.

"We're great Ayame-san. How've you been?" the brown haired man asked her politely. "I hope the shop's been doing well with all the cold weather we've been having."

"Hai, we ran out of green tea even. Oyaji-san went out to get some more. So what can I get you two?"

"A bowl of pork ramen and miso ramen. Oh and some sake since you're out of tea."

She nodded smiling slightly more when Hatake-san spoke before turning to prepare their order.

"Kurenai is holding a Christmas party in a few days. I promised her we'd help her set up,"

She heard Iruka chuckle at the other's sigh. "Oh come on it won't be that bad. Besides, remember last year when Anko helped her decorate? There was enough mistletoe to make an entire tree out of the stuff." There was a pause, and then she barely heard him mutter, "And I didn't get to enjoy any of it that time."

"Mmm... I was looking forward to that this time. Especially after all the sake Genma brings every year."

"You're hopeless."

"Do we get to have sake while we decorate?"

"Asuma mentioned something of the sort."

"And there will still be mistletoe right?"

"Hai, though only one bunch, not the over abundance we had last year."

"Come on we need more than that. How else am I going to... Hey! What was that for?"

"Pervert."

She chuckled at the conversation as she set the two bowls down in front of them.

"You two must be really good friends. You always seem to do everything together." She watched as Iruka-san blushed. This seemed to cause Kakashi-san no end of amusement and he laughed as he broke his chopsticks apart.

"Hai," he said still chuckling. "We do 'everything' together, don't we 'Sensei'?" Iruka-san hit him and she looked from one to the other wondering what it was she seemed to have missed.

A pair of chopsticks clinked down on the bowl and she realized a moment too late that she'd missed seeing Kakashi-san's face while she was looking at Iruka-san.

"I almost forgot we actually stopped by for a reason other than to eat." Iruka said. He quickly downed the last of his bowl and turned to grab something from a bag beside him.

"We wanted to drop off the gift we got for you and Teuchi-san." He handed her a small box wrapped in blue paper.

"You didn't have to do that. I didn't..."

"And we wanted to thank you for the sugar cookies," he smiled brightly at her. "Come on Kakashi we have to pick some stuff for Kurenai. It was nice seeing you Ayame-san. Enjoy the gift." And with that he pulled the other man out of the shop.

She glanced down at the package feeling rather confused. There was a small white card attached to the ribbon so she opened it. 'From Kakashi Hatake & Iruka Umino.' She blushed as the implication hit her and she found she was very grateful they were already gone.

"Ayame-chan I'm back," her father called as he entered through the back door. "I hope it wasn't too busy while I was out."

"No," she said smiling. Well, at least they were happy.