Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Mistletoe ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Mission Iruka Christmas
Chapter Rating: PG
Theme: Mistletoe
Music Selection: because I'm blonde I forgot to write down but I think I was just listening to holiday stuff
Disclaimer: Instead of sugar plums can I dream of KakaIru?

*****************

"But come on, one is hardly enough." Kakashi noted, following Iruka into the flower shop.

"One is enough. You just want an excuse to..." Iruka trailed off as he caught sight of Ino before he could finish his thought and blushed.

"To what?" Kakashi asked, mischievously nuzzling his neck from behind. "I don't make excuses where you're involved. I was merely thinking of everyone else." He maintained.

To Iruka's further embarrassment he could feel his blush deepen from Kakashi's actions and words, to retaliate he lightly elbowed him. "Be good." He whispered back.

"Why? I'm pretty sure she knows." Kakashi murmured.

"Besides I have been good. Well in front of the civilians at least." He chuckled and put the hand that wasn't holding a dozen shopping bags on his lover's hip before nuzzling his neck again.

Frowning Iruka pointed out, "You're going to crush the bags."

He began to step away but Kakashi grabbed his waist and pulled him backwards.

"Now what kind of shinobi would I be if I couldn't multi-task?"

"Then behave so we can get our shopping done."

"Hmph, I still don't see why we have to do the shopping." He replied, sounding like a pouting child.

Still trapped against his lover Iruka sighed as he explained the situation again.

"I told you, Asuma is on a solo mission and Kurenai had to train with her students today. I offered since I thought it would be nice to spend some time with you, but if you don't stop I'll finish it by myself."

Kakashi leaned forward till his masked lips were right by Iruka's ear.

"Ah but you don't like finishing on your own." Kakashi whispered, leering at the stunned Chuunin.

Iruka blushed a rather deep shade of crimson before pushing him away, walking towards Ino he quickly pulled himself together.

"Hello Ino-chan. How're you today?" He asked, pointedly ignoring Kakashi who was snickering behind him.

"I need to get some garlands, holly, and one bunch of mistletoe."

"Let's get at least a couple more than that." Kakashi commented. "I know there is more than one doorway in her house." He added.

Without turning around Iruka answered. "No."

"I'll be good. I promise."

Iruka looked over his shoulder at the other man.

"I don't believe you." He replied, frowning at him before turning back to Ino.

"Just one mistletoe. We need probably 60 feet of greenery though. Oh! And she wanted me to ask if you could deliver her tree tonight since she wants to start decorating early tomorrow."

"Of course. I'll get Choji and Shikamaru to help me when they get here." Looking at the bags they were carrying she added, "I can deliver the other stuff too if you like. Since your hands seem to be full."

"I'd appreciate that," Iruka said, smiling. "We still have a lot of shopping to do and..."

"I'll pay for the extra mistletoe." Kakashi brightly declared.

Turning around Iruka wacked him in the chest, the bags slamming into his stomach.

"NO!"

"Uft!" Kakashi feigned being bent over in pain, winking at Ino who chuckled and nodded slightly.

"Oh stop. They have wrapping paper and table cloths in them. I doubt I've done internal damage," Iruka said, rolling his eyes.

Still acting as if he was terribly injured Kakashi remarked, "I could get a paper cut and die. Who knows what toxins they put on paper these days."

Staring blankly at his lover Iruka commented. "If that were true, I'd have died a long time ago."

Straightening up Kakashi relented.

"Alright, alright sensei. We should get on our way if we intend to finish anytime before dinner." Rolling his eyes Iruka allowed Kakashi to guide him out the door.

"Later Ino-san," Kakashi called turning to look at her over his shoulder and waving a hand in her direction. She didn't miss the hand signs for lots and please as he walked out the door chatting amicably with his boyfriend.