Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Hot Cocoa ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Here, this is for you two." Kurenai smiled and handed a small white box Iruka. "I figured you wouldn't have gotten one already so when I saw it I figured it'd make a good gift for you two."

Iruka smiled and stared at the box curiously. "Can we open it now or should we wait until Christmas morning?"

"Now of course!" Kurenai laughed the look on her face gave away just how eager she was for them to do so.

Kakashi leaned over his shoulder as he lifted the lid. Inside lay a pair of miniture kunai crossed at the widest points of the blades. The handles were connected with two ribbons, one blue and one brown. Iruka blushed and gently picked the ornament up.

"I didn't know whether to get it engraved or not but decided against it since I don't know who knows."

"Thank you Kurenai. It's very nice," he said and then looked at Kakashi who seemed a bit bewildered by the gift.

"Mmm? Yes, thank you Kurenai. I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the sybolism behind it though."

"It's custom to have a Christmas ornament for the first year a couple is together 'Kashi love."

"I thought the ribbons would match your guys' eyes."

"Ah..." he said as the meaning dawned on him. "Then it was a very good choice. Thank you again."

"Oh good. I'm glad you both like it. " She stood up and headed for the kitchen. "What do you guys want to drink? I have sake, cider, and cocoa."

"I love hot cocoa," Iruka said, grinning.

"I've discovered something in the last few months, Kurenai."

"Oh and what's that?"

"He can't cook. I mean honestly no matter how hard I try to teach him something always happens to the food and it's completely inedible by the time he's done with it." Kakashi dodged the elbow aimed for his side. "But there is one exception to the rule. If it involves chocolate he's suddenly the master chef. I'm beginning to suspect he's just not truly motivated unless chocolate is involved."

"I am to! I just... well I just can't seem to get it right. The chocolate thing is a fluke."

Kurenai laughed and leaned against the door. "You know, I always wondered how you never managed to poison yourself when we taught together at the academy. This new chocolate thing however has me curious. Is it just hot cocoa or is it really anything with chocolate in the recipe?"

"So far it's anything. He even managed to do a rather impressive chocolate tart. I was rather impressed by that. It's like the switch in his brain only flips if it's promised chocolate." Iruka shoved him and he allowed himself to fall over sideways on the couch. "I think I might have to try training him with chocolates or feeding them to him before he starts cooking," he laughed.

"Hmph!" Iruka crossed his arms and glowered at the copy nin.

"Maybe you should make the hot cocoa then Iruka. After all this I'm curious to see this in action. I'm not quite sure I believe it."

"I don't know if I want to if he's just using me as some form entertainment..."

"Mmm... you're always entertaining. 'Ruka love are you sure you don't want to do anything that just happens to entertain me?"

"Pervert," but the blush spread across his cheeks as he said it so neither Kurenai nor Kakashi was convinced that this was a bad thing in the sensei's mind.

"Tell you what, if you make hot cocoa I'll make cookies," Kakashi said, deciding bribery would probably be the fastest way to get the magic that was Iruka's hot chocolate.

"Fine, but I'm probably going to need ingredients and you're playing fetch."

"Woof," Kakashi said before leaning over to whisper in Iruka's ear. "If I beg can I get more than hot cocoa?" He grinned when he was rewarded with yet another blush.

"Kurenai, I think you'd better show me your kitchen before I strangle Kakashi."

She laughed and walked into the kitchen obviously amused by the playful banter between the two. She showed him where everything was and he wrote down a quick list and shoed Kakashi off who had also taken a quick survey of the pantry.

"So... now that he's gone. Did you get it?"

"Hai, of course I did. Let me go get it and you can look it over. Asuma finished the embroidery last night."

"I still can't believe he knows how to knit."

"Yeah well... it kills time and takes his mind off... things," she said before disappearing for a moment.

She pulled the material from the bag and handed it to Iruka. "It's soft but he says it's really sturdy stuff. Came in special from Lightning Country."

Iruka ran the soft crimson material against his face. "I can't thank you guys enough."

"You can keep it here until the party," She said and pulled out the silver wrapping paper.

Iruka hated to wrap it in the paper. He wanted to stare at it, to bury his face in it, or just give it to Kakashi early and bury his face against it while the other man was wearing it. It really was perfect. He removed the other two items from the bag before wrapping them and handing it back to Kurenai so she could return it to her hiding spot.

Kakashi had been so helpful, he'd have to remember to reward him... inadvertently of course. Couldn't have him guessing at the game that he and Kurenai had just played with him.