Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Wrapping Paper ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Mission Iruka Christmas
Theme: Wrapping Paper
Chapter Rating: G
Disclaimer: Not unless I find them wrapped up under the tree... which would be lovely but I'd probably check myself into the nearest mental institution if I did.

Music: I've been listening to Christmas music, you know to get into the mood and Freddie Martin was singing and either he's got a male back up singer or he's doing his voice twice... I dunno but it sounds very very YAOI! So I cracked up laughing.

*******************************************************
Kakashi scattered the items across the bed and stared at them for a moment before pulling shiny blue paper with silver stars on it from another bag. He rolled out a decent amount and sliced it from the roll with his kunai leaving the edge ragged.

Then he looked the various objects over very carefully before picking up a book, smiling, and setting it on top of the paper. He folded the edges over and then the ends before slapping a couple pieces of tape on it to hold them down.

For some reason it didn't look like the boxes he'd seen at the store. He studied it for a moment more before he undid the tape and tried again. The second attempt looked a little better but it had creases and wrinkles so Kakashi tossed the sheet aside and got a new piece.

Thinking he had mastered the art of gift wrapping he rolled out another sheet. He picked up the pile of various weapons and laid them carefully on the paper. However when he folded the paper over they ripped through it and he had to try again. After the third try he picked up blanket from the pile of gifts and wrapped them in that before then wrapping the blanket rather messily with the paper. It didn't look all that great but at least you couldn't tell what it was.

He wrapped a few other odd presents and stared at the pile that looked like a five year old had tried wrap them. Okay so it had been a few years since he'd gotten anyone a gift. Even then he'd always had the store wrap them.

But when Iruka had sat wrapping the gifts for their friends Kakashi had asked him why he didn't just pay the dollar and have the store wrap them. Iruka had explained that part of the point of a gift was the thought and time spent on picking them out and wrapping them.

And so naturally Kakashi had decided that if he wanted this Christmas to be perfect he had to wrap them himself. However the paper was NOT cooperating. He scratched the back of his head and studied the misshapen packages again. Then he ripped the paper off them and started again. He still had a few hours before Iruka got home surely he could wrap them and hide them by then.

Two hours and several rolls of wrapping paper later Kakashi was beginning to wonder. Why was wrapping a few items in paper so difficult? He'd wrapped things in paper before but they hadn't needed to be pretty just practical.

He scooped up the arm loads of now useless wrapping paper and shoved them in a trash bag. There had to be an easier way to do this. The book he'd gotten on known traps of water country was the only thing that he hadn't shredded for the umpteenth time although its bow was lopsided and didn't look as pretty as the ones the stores did.

He sat. He stared. He sulked.

After about 15 minutes he finally stood up and wrote a note for Iruka just in case he got there before Kakashi got back. Then the copy nin scooped the gifts into a bag and took off.

A few minutes later he was perched outside one of the local stores watching them wrap presents. And Kakashi decided he'd have to remember to thank Obito or maybe apologize for misusing the gift. On the bright side even the bows would be perfect.