Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Party ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Mission Iruka Christmas
Theme: Party
Chapter Rating: PG, PG-13 at the most
Disclaimer: Not mine, also, if it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.
Music: None, I get distracted by shinies often enough without it c.c ~Tell

--------------

Once Iruka had finished making hot chocolate they went out to join the others they could hear arriving. Kurenai handed Asuma his cup of chocolate with a smile. Off in one corner they could hear Tenzou asking someone why viscum album was above their head. Kakashi smothered a laugh when he saw he was asking Nanashi.

Just as he was about to go over so he could hear them better, Iruka caught his sleeve. He made a curious noise and looked at Iruka.

“I think you made the right decision about Gai’s Christmas present.” His lover replied simply. Now that his ‘rival’ had been mentioned, he turned to look at the door. Just like everyone else. Gai looked uncomfortable at being the center of attention, but Ayame looked pleased.

“Now we just have to get them under some mistletoe.” Kakashi said with a smile.

“That shouldn’t be hard.” Iruka replied dryly. Kakashi wasn’t sure with that tone whether or not he would be in trouble later for all the extra bunches he’d managed to put up.

“Gai, Ayame! So glad you could join us.” Kurenai walked up to the couple as Ayame gently tugged him inside so other people could enter.

“Kurenai, is there a mirror handy?” A voice said from behind Gai and Ayame before Gai could say anything. Moments later Neji and Tenten came around the other couple.

“Yes, right over there.” She replied, pointing over to a mirror. It wasn’t her fault the mirror was under mistletoe. Like approximately half the other objects she owned in the living room.

Kakashi and Iruka watched with interest as Gai headed straight for it. Ayame following behind, the clever girl having apparently noticed what was also over there. Neji stopped beside Kakashi and Iruka, they could see Tenten covering her ears as she headed to the snack table.

“He hasn’t seen himself in a mirror yet.” Neji said simply. Iruka’s soft ‘ah’ of understanding was quickly drowned out, and the reason for Tenten’s covered ears became apparent.

Gai turned and started talking. “Ah! My eternal rival! I am finally as hip and modern as you! I must thank you for-“

'I really must get Ayame a thank you present,' Kakashi and Iruka both thought as the girl finally got her hands around Gai’s neck and pulled him into a kiss.

Kakashi smirked, “I wonder if I still have those undecorated gingerbread people..”

Iruka narrowed his eyes at Kakashi. “You don’t need to put Gai and Ayame in That..that..town of yours. It’s bad enough you have nearly everyone else in there.”

“They’re already in there, just not together or out front or anything now that I think about it.” Kakashi smiled at Iruka.

Genma and Raidou strolled in, Genma’s normal smirk in place as he held up a box of small bottles. Plenty of sake was his and Raidou’s donation to the party. And as if hypnotized, the two of them had to stroll over to look at Kakashi’s tower. Genma started laughing so hard Iruka could have sworn he would lose his senbon again.

“See, I knew we were Konoha’s pimps. You see how rich we’re getting, Raidou?” His partner wasn’t laughing quite as hard, but it was close. He managed to nod at Genma, and their mirth brought over others to look.

“Kami-sama! How in the world did you make /that/ color of icing?” Hana asked as she peered at the neon pink lights.

“Skill.” Kakashi smirked.

“I never noticed that scar on Ibiki.” Anko mused as she examined her and Ibiki’s gingerbread people.

“I wonder if Tsunade’s desk really is that sturdy.” Shikaku mused. Next to him Inoshi was having a hard time not smirking over the decorations as well.

“Oh look, mistletoe.” Kurenai said with a grin from next to Iruka, who was watching everyone else’s reactions to Kakashi’s creation. And also watching Kakashi who was over pointing out various people to them.

“What, more?” He asked, a puzzled look on his face as he looked at her. She nodded and kissed his cheek. “Don’t tell Kakashi.” She laughed and walked off to observe as well. Iruka moved a couple of steps to the side with a blush, glancing up to make sure there wasn’t more.

------------

Iruka looked around the living room with a smile. The party was in full swing now, nearly everyone had arrived. The only exceptions had been those out on missions or the like. Genma and Kotetsu had cleared an area of the floor to be used as an improvisational dance floor.

Lee had surprised everyone by showing up with Sakura for awhile looking identical to his newly 'hip and modern' sensei. Kakashi and Iruka both wondered how that had happened. They stayed just barely long enough to pick up Neji and Tenten who seemed to think they’d supported Gai through his ‘trauma’ long enough and probably wanted to get out from under the watchful eyes of their senseis.

Some people were out on the dance floor, some were still admiring Kakashi’s handiwork with the gingerbread town. Asuma and Kurenai had started a ‘find all the mistletoe’ game. Last time anyone had bothered checking, Kotetsu and Izumo were in the lead. Gai and Ayame were a close second, Genma and Raidou kept finding the same one.

“Having fun?” Kakashi asked as he walked over to join him.

“Yeah, actually. I think the only people who haven’t been by yet are Tsunade and Shizune.” Iruka replied, smiling at his lover. Kakashi nodded and pocketed a camera.

“What was that used for?” Iruka asked curiously.

“To take pictures of my gingerbread town for Jiraiya and Naruto.” Iruka’s fingers flexed, he still had a strong urge to destroy the gingerbread. However, Kakashi had put some kind of protection on it.

Their silent ‘disagreement’ over the gingerbread was broken by Genma. “Hey, we just decided to have a selective dance. You have to dance with the person you first kissed under the mistletoe tonight, even if it was just on the cheek.”

“Fine, but it had better be a slow song. I think I’ve used up most of my energy dealing with Gai’s speeches. I’m glad he brought Ayame with him. It helps.” Kakashi smiled, rubbing at the back of his head. It was an action that nearly dislodged that hat that had somehow lasted this long.

After Genma made the announcement, people started to pair up. Some didn’t have to go far, some had to go check other rooms. In the end, Anko had ended up paired with Kotetsu of all people. Izumo pouted slightly but conceded that he had to dance with Shikaku anyway. Kurenai and Asuma managed to get a spot actually on the so called dance floor. Hana and Inoshi were having a wonderful time, dancing before the music even switched to the proper song. Her teasing him about being a man that smelled like flowers.

Gai and Ayame, Iruka realized with a start, were in front of the doorway that Shiori was through. That is, if she hadn’t escaped or been let loose. 'Please let them not go inside.' Iruka pleaded as Kakashi slipped an arm around his waist.

---------

They had just finished their second dance when Tsunade and Shizune finally made it.

“Hello everyone.” Shizune said with a smile, Tsunade simply waved a hand and headed straight for the sake. Iruka could see his silver haired lover making his way towards the gingerbread tower, and he had a good idea why.

Iruka smiled and turned to Kurenai. “It’s been a great party, sorry we can’t stick around to help with the clean up.”

“Don’t worry about it. I think I can find a few..volunteers.” She replied with a smirk. After the brief exchange they turned to see what happened with the tower.

Tsunade was holding a bottle of sake in her left hand as she leaned over to look at it in more detail.

“What detailed work. How come Genma and Raidou are the ones taking payments?” Kakashi quietly snuck the gingerbread figures of himself and Iruka off the table.

“It just seemed like the thing to do at the time.” He replied as he backed away, moving towards Iruka.

Tsunade leaned over to peek in the windows, smiling at first. Nearly everyone who had taken a look themselves turned to watch as well.

“I’m doing /what/ with, with, him?!” Tsunade brought her fist down on the tower, sending bits and pieces of frosting and gingerbread everywhere. Sprinkles and candy would probably be getting picked out of the ceiling and carpet for ages. Most of it seemed to hit Kakashi since he was still closest. With a worried smile and a wave Iruka drug Kakashi out the door before Tsunade could come after him.

“Where did he go?” Tsunade asked as she destroyed the rest of the tower’s base. Kurenai placed a hand on Tsunade’s arm.

“You can’t kill him, it’s Christmas. Plus I think you don’t want Iruka getting revenge.”

Tsunade looked at Kurenai curiously. “Why’s that?”

“Well, you see..” Kurenai began, but Nanashi interrupted.

“Hey, has anyone seen Shiori?”