Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka ❯ Mission Snuggle ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: It's not polite to stare.

Managed to stay awake this long... WOW! I thought I'd freaking pass out or just start drooling.

Mission Iruka
Chapter 15: Mission Snuggle

**********************

Iruka sat outside Kakashi's door, unsure of when the man would be home. He marked a question wrong and looked over the last few then set it on the stack next to him, a grey stone acting as his paper weight.

It was pretty dark out and he was contemplating going home or going to get something to eat when the silver-haired jounin landed beside him. He looked up already smiling, oddly relieved the man had made it home before he'd left.

The relief turned to concern as he watched Kakashi wince as he leaned over to pull off his shoes. Iruka set his papers down and jumped up to help. Kakashi tried to motion him away but almost fell over in the process so Iruka grabbed his arm to steady him.

Once his shoes were off he helped him inside. Neither said anything as he shed his clothes by his bedroom door and Iruka noticed several large gashes as well as multiple wounds caused by shuriken and kunai.

"Are you going to be okay to take a shower without help Kakashi?" He nodded as Iruka walked him through his bedroom to the bathroom. Kakashi turned on the water and climbed in. Iruka found the first aid kit below the sink and pulled a couple of towels out for him.

"I'll be right back I'm going to start some tea and warm up some leftovers. I'm sure you haven't eaten anything except maybe soldier pills since you left this morning."

He pulled a pair of blue pants and a blue shirt out of Kakashi's dresser and laid them on the bed. He hoped he wouldn't be mad at him for invading his space but the man didn't seem to be arguing so he figured he was safe.

He'd just set out plates and cups of tea when he heard the shower go off. He set the food down and went to check on Kakashi. The man had a towel wrapped around his waste and was trying to bandage a cut on his arm. Iruka took the bandage from Kakashi and re-did it, then he took care of the other wounds.

The Jounin winced slightly when he poured antiseptic on the puncture wounds, but still said nothing. He used some of the medical ninjutsu he knew to start them healing since they were the most likely to get infected. Thankfully though none were bad enough to need real medical attention. Kakashi seemed to be suffering more from chakra depletion than anything else.

"I think you'll be okay, but they should be looked at again tomorrow just in case. The food's ready when you are. Clothes are on your bed." He turned to leave and Kakashi caught his arm.

"Thank you." When he dropped his arm and picked up a towel to dry his hair off with, Iruka headed for the living room.

They ate in silence and when he was done Kakashi got up and went to bed. Iruka knew he should go home but he didn't. Instead he grabbed his work and settled in the chair in the library. He just couldn't make himself go home.

He wasn't sure what woke him but he rubbed his eyes and picked up the papers covering him and the floor then stacked them on the table. He looked around, it was late probably close to 3 or 4 in the morning. The house was quiet and he wondered again what had woken him up. It had been a sound of some kind he was sure. He stood up listening more intently. Then he heard it the sound of somebody crying out.

'Kakashi? Maybe his wounds were worse than I thought. I should go check on him.' He walked over the bedroom door and tapped on it lightly. Kakashi didn't answer but he could here him whimpering. He slid the door open and waited but nothing flew at him so he walked in being careful to be relatively noisy so he wouldn't startle the man if he did wake up.

Hesitantly he reached out to shake the silver-haired man's shoulder. A kunai was at his throat before his hand had moved more than a few inches. He was still surprised he hadn't woken before. Iruka didn't move simply waited for Kakashi to get his bearings.

"Iruka? You're still here?" He dropped the kunai onto the bed.

Iruka nodded. "Sorry. I wanted to make sure you were okay and fell asleep in the chair."

"I appreciate the concern but I'm fine."

Kakashi winced then, seeming to realize then that the motion had hurt. He grabbed his side which was damp.

Iruka looked at his side.

"Come on I'll re-wrap it for you." Kakashi shrugged and headed to the bathroom, flipping on the light, and pulling his shirt off. Iruka pulled the old bandage off and looked at it, deciding it had probably just ripped open when he startled, so Iruka put on a clean bandage and called it good.

"Are you okay Kakashi?" He didn't look up.

"I'm fine."

"You were..." Iruka hesitated, would he want to know? The man spent so much effort concealing his emotions. ".... uh I think you were having a nightmare." Iruka stood up but didn't look at Kakashi.

"I'm fine. Get some sleep you have to be at the academy soon. You shouldn't even be here but it's probably easier at this point. Don't worry I'll wake you so you won't be late."

"You should get some more rest too Kakashi."

"I can't sleep now so you can have the bed. I'm going to read." Iruka frowned. "I don't have anything to do tomorrow so I can sleep later. Stop worrying." He smiled his infamous crescent smile but Iruka didn't really buy it.

"But you're hurt..."

"Fine if I promise to lay down too, will you?"

Iruka blushed, "You mean share the bed?" 'Gah why does that sound so bad? I mean I've seen him naked, I've seen his face, so why does something so trivial make me so nervous?' Iruka's eyes were wide despite the knowledge he was acting like a little kid.

"Yes. It's the simplest solution other than you going home which you seem reluctant to do. I'm sure it's out of concern for me, needed or not. And I know if I send you home you won't sleep. I don't want you sleeping in that chair when you have to teach in a few hours and you won't let me give up my bed. I promise not to misbehave."

The last statement made his face feel like it was on fire, but he managed to nod. He really didn't want to leave him there if it was going to mean he'd be having nightmares bad enough to make even him cry.

Kakashi motioned for Iruka to climb in so he did. 'Come on it's not like you don't sleep right beside people on missions,' Okay so he hadn't been on many missions lately...'this really isn't as big a deal as your making it.' Or so he told himself.

*********************

Kakashi shrugged and got into bed pulling one of his books off his headboard and opening it. He hoped the bathroom light wouldn't keep Iruka awake but the man look exhausted so he doubted it.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before Iruka's breathing evened out. Kakashi smiled, 'Ah good. It would have been better if he'd have gone home to start with, but I suppose there's nothing I can do about that.'

He was about a third of the way into his book when Iruka murmured something unintelligible in his sleep, rolled over, and curled up against Kakashi's back, one arm snaking around his waist. His initial response told him to pull away but if he did he'd fall off the bed and probably wake the chunin up. It felt kind of nice though so he was reluctant to move away as it was. It's not like Kakashi was snuggling back or breaking his word by not behaving... Of course just because he hadn't intended for this to happen didn't mean he couldn't enjoy it. He set his book down and closed his eyes. It felt nice.

He hadn't realized he'd fallen asleep until he opened his eyes and found himself staring at the top of the chunin's head with their arms and legs entangled. He was lying on his back with Iruka's head on his shoulder. He wasn't completely sure how he was supposed to move without waking the man although he could see the sun was starting to rise so it was probably time to wake him up so he could get to work.

It was so tempting to just let the man sleep and pretend he hadn't woken up but he'd promised to wake Iruka up. And well, he knew the man would be upset if he was late. So he very carefully began disentangling himself from the sleeping beauty. Asleep or not Iruka was having none of it and tightened his grip on Kakashi's waist.

When he did so, it did two things. It sent a sharp pain through Kakashi, reminding him of the cut on his side; and it pulled him against Iruka who was extremely aroused. He winced at the pain but made no sound. Instead he took the man's hands and unwound his fingers before slipping out of bed.

On the bright-side the pain meant Iruka really had been curled up with him and second it managed to make his arousal at the thought manageable and a little less obvious. Not that he minded. However, he was sure Iruka would be mortified to know any of this. He went into the kitchen to start some tea and breakfast.

**********************

Iruka snuggled into the blankets but something felt different than it had a minute ago. He wasn't as warm and there seemed to be a few blankets or pillows missing.

"Hmm..." he cracked open an eye. Something was odd. His alarm clock looked different and it was after 7 and it wasn't going off. 'Oh that's right...' he started to close his one open eye, 'Kakashi said he'd wake me.' His eyes shot open and he sat up in one smooth motion. 'Pillows, blankets, warmth... No I wasn't snuggling with him.' Iruka blushed and laid back down throwing the blanket over his head. It was about that time that he realized that it was morning and parts of his body were a bit more awake than the rest of him.

"No no no no..." It came out rather muffled.

"Ah you're awake, Iruka-sensei." Kakashi's voice called to him from somewhere beyond the blankets. "I'd have woken you up sooner but I was fixing breakfast. You can borrow one of my outfits and take a shower after you eat if you like."

Iruka groaned. 'How am I supposed to get up and have breakfast with this man?' Iruka groaned again.

*********************

"I hate to leave before you're really awake but I have something I need to do." Kakashi said pulling some clothes out of the dresser and quickly pulling them on while the chunin's head was still buried under the blanket.

"You are awake right? I can leave without worrying you'll fall back asleep?" A muffled yes came from the vicinity of the bed. Kakashi grabbed his book from the headboard and headed out to give the horribly embarrassed young sensei some space.

Aside from leaping over the roof to get outside the perimeter of his house he stuck to the street, the book he'd been reading the night before in his hand. Although he wasn't really paying much attention to it so it was a good thing he'd read it about a dozen times before. Instead he was wondering if Iruka would manage to crawl out of bed. Oh well, if he came back and the brown haired nin was still there he wasn't going be upset.

Of course if he was he wasn't going to consider himself bound to the promise he'd made the night before. After all that was just for last night. He smiled and hoped Iruka would be too embarrassed to face a bunch of pre-genin and would therefore decide to stay in bed and pretend to sleep as unlikely a prospect as it was.

***********************

Iruka crawled out bed. After he was showered and dressed he downed his food and set about finishing his traps. It was time he got this over with. He wasn't sure as he did it though whether he was hoping Kakashi would never speak to him again or not.