Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ More Than a Pet ❯ Appointment ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Naruto sighed and stomped to his bathroom, snatching up a pair of jeans and a t-shirt as he went. He stepped into the shower and let the hot water soak into his tense muscles. Maybe, he reasoned, a pet wouldn't be so bad after all. He would get a girl, that much was for certain. He was straight, unlike a certain duck ass haired teme he knew. That boy came out of the closet when they were sixteen! But a girl would be nice to have around. She could cook and clean and he'd lay around all day in his boxers. Then, at night, they'd lock the doors and she'd scream his name. Yeah, that'd be the life.
Naruto shook his head, clearing it of his fantasy, and jumped out of the shower, drying off and dressing quickly. He glanced at the clock and almost wished he hadn't. Dammit! It was almost three o'clock. He took off out the door, muttering curses as he went.
Naruto groaned as he leaned back against the wall behind the counter. Where the hell--
The bell on the door jingled, signalling to the bored, frustrated blond that his customer had arrived.
"Good afternoon, Mr. Akasuna," Naruto said as he searched for the order. He couldn't find it. Dammit! Sasuke would strangle him if he found out he'd lost a customer's order.
"Please," the red head purred. "Call me Sasori."
"R-right." It wasn't exactly with code to refer to customers with such familiarity. Oh well. Naruto shrugged mentally. It was his job to please the customer, however, and if it pleased the red head to be called by his first name, how could Naruto protest? "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I've misplaced your order," Naruto said. "Could you possibly refresh my memory?"
"Why, of course, cute thing," Sasori replied, leaning forward onto the counter. "I'd like an effeminate blond male, mid-late teens and blue eyes, if it's not too much trouble."
Naruto turned to their listing and said as he ran his finger down the list, "So, you want a blond girl, mid-late teens--"
"No, no, no, sweet thing," Sasori chuckled. "I said I want an effeminate blond male."
Naruto froze and swallowed hard. "So, wait. You want a boy that looks like a girl?"
"That's what I said, cutie."
Naruto shuddered.
"Something wrong?" Sasori said, his chocolate eyes sparkling with concern.
"Wha? Oh, no, it's nothing," Naruto said, rubbing the back of his head. "Just, you know when you get a sudden chill and they say a goose walked over your grave?"
Sasori nodded. "Ah, yes. I get those all the time."
Naruto frowned but shook his head. He had enough to worry about; he wasn't about to make small talk with the red head, not when he was going to be dragged around by Sasuke the rest of the afternoon. He turned back to the list and ran his finger down the names. "Well, we have one. Name's Deidara.. Would you like to meet him?"
"Of course," Sasori replied.
Naruto nodded and, grabbing the key ring, mentally thanked God that the red head seemed to have stopped the pet names. he led the way back to the viewing rooms. When he got to the right cage, he tapped on the bars. "Hey, Deidara, we got a potential master for you. Come meet him."
"Yeah, un," a quiet voice replied as the blond stepped closer to the bars.
Naruto unlocked the door and opened it, stepping out of the way so that the red head could inspect his potential pet. He had to bite back a smirk when he realized that the red head was shorter than the blond; he had a smaller frame, too. Pets were supposed to be smaller than their masters. Of course, Kisame was a good foot or two taller than Itachi.
"I'll take him," Sasori said.
"Right," Naruto said as he moved towards the check out to complete the purchase. Thank God. Now he just had to deal with Duck Ass Hair Boy and he'd be able to go home and relax. He really needed a different job.
"I think your friend knows this, but you have a thing for red heads," Sasori murmered.
Naruto jumped and shut the cash register. "What're you talking about?" Naruto said as he handed the man his change.
"I think you know," Sasori said as he put the money away. He leaned over the counter and whispered, "Gaara-chan's on the move," before taking the chain that was around Deidara's neck in his hand and leaving; the bell jingled as the door shut behind him.