Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ More Than a Pet ❯ Purchase ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Naruto frowned. What the hell was that red head talking about? His thoughts were interrupted by his cellphone.
The "Rubber Ducky" song began playing.
Naruto chuckled a bit and then pulled out his cell and flipped it open. "Yell-"
"Dammit, dobe! Get your fuckin' ass out here. We're already late!" Sasuke yelled through the phone.
Naruto cringed, jerking the phone away from his ear before slamming it shut and shoving it his pocket and storming out the door, locking it behind him. He ran to Sasuke's car, jumped in and slammed the door.
Sasuke put the car in reverse and shot out into the street. "Don't slam my fuckin' door."
"Don't scream my fuckin' ear off!" Naruto countered. "What the hell are you trying to do? Make me deaf?"
"I told you we had a damn appointment."
"Teme! You're the one that dumped that order on me. Don't give me shit about it now."
"Oh, shut the fuck up, dobe."
Naruto folded his arms over his chest, grumbling. "Stupid Duck-Ass," he mumbled.
Sasuke rolled his eyes and went back to driving.
"Hey, Sasuke?" Naruto said after a few minutes of silence.
"Yeah, dobe?"
"That Akasuna, why does he seem familiar?"
"Because he's related to the Sabakus. He's the grandson of Chiyo and the cousin of the three siblings," Sasuke explained.
"Then why doesn't he buy a pet from them?" Naruto asked.
"Shit, why should I know, dobe? Why does it matter?"
Naruto shrugged. "I dunno. He was pretty weird, though."
"No shit, Sherlock," Sasuke scoffed. "The whole family's crazy."
"Yeah, I s'pose you're right," Naruto replied. "But he said something that freaked me out."
"Hn. You freak easily, dobe."
"I do not!"
"Whatever." Sasuke rolled his eyes. "What did he say?"
"He said I had a thing for red heads."
"Like that isn't obvious."
"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" Naruto spat.
"My last girlfriend was a red head," Sasuke replied. "You're the reason she broke up with me."
"How am I--"
"You stared at her for three hours straight and left a puddle of drool on the floor that was so bad that I had to replace the carpet."
Naruto frowned and glared out the window. "That's not all he said."
"Hn."
"He said 'Gaara-chan's on the move'."
"What the hell does that mean?"
"How the fuck should I know?" Naruto yelled.
"Dobe."
"Yeah?"
"Shut. The. Fuck. Up."
Naruto scowled.
Twenty minutes later, they reached the Sabaku Pet Corporation.
A blnd greeted them at the door. "Good afternoon, I'm Yashamaru and who might you two masters be?"
"Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki," Sasuke replied, pointing first at himself and then at Naruto. "We're here for a pet for him."
"Ah, I see. Young Master Uchiha. Wonderful. What's your preference?"
"Red head," Sasuke replied with a smirk.
"Male or female?" Yashamaru continued.
"Girl," Naruto said quickly.
Yashamaru's face seemed to fall slightly. "Well, we do have one girl...Her name's Karin Oto."
"No!" Naruto cried, clinging to Sasuke. "She'll murder me!"
Karin Oto was Sasuke Uchiha's last girlfriend, before he'd said fuck dating and bought his pet Neji.
"You're right," Sasuke said, shaking Naruto off. "Let go of me, dobe. I suppose we'll go with males, then."
"Right this way," Yashamaru said smoothly as he led the way to the viewing rooms. "All right so..."
From those words on, he lost Naruto's attention who then proceeded to look around on his own. Hearing a chain jingle, he looked towards he sound and instantly saw a mop of familiar red hair. "...Gaara?"
The red head shot up, the aqua eyes staring widely in shock; they locked with Naruto's and the connection was immediate. "N-naru...to?"
"Oh, you don't want him," Yashamaru said knowingly.
"Why?" Naruto asked, moving a little closer to the red head.
"He talks to himself and blames it on the tanuki in his head."
"Let me see him," Naruto said.
"I told you, you don't-"
"He said let him see him, now open the damn cage," Sasuke said quietly.
Grumbling to himself, yashamaru reached around Naruto and unlocked the cage. When he reached inside to jerk Gaara out, however, the red head chomped down on his hand and then fled to the back of the cage.
"Little fucker!" Yashamaru snarled, stepping away from the cage as he inspected his hand.
"Move," Naruto said, shoving the older blond out of the way. He knelt down in front of the cage and started searching his pockets. "I know I have some candy here somewhere."
"He doesn't like sweets," Yashamaru pointed out.
"Shut up," Naruto growled. He searched for a few more seconds and found a piece. "Here you go. You want this?" he said, unwrapping it and holding it out to the red head.
Aqua eyes glimmered in the shadows for a moment, almost as if their owner were debating whether or not to trust the offer.
"It's all right," Naruto said gently. "I won't hurt you."
"I told you, he doesn't-"
"Shut up," Sasuke said this time.
Gaara edged toward Naruto and then took the candy, but stayed just out of reach. He put the candy in his mouth and sucked on it thoughtfully.
Sasuke came and crouched down beside Naruto. "This the one you want?"
"Yeah," Naruto replied, before slowly reaching out and touching the pale cheek gently.
The kohl-rimmed aqua eyes widened slightly at the contact, but the red head didn't flinch away.
"All right." Sasuke turned to look at Yashamaru. "Get us his file. We're buying him."