Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My Love for You ❯ Clandestine ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 5
Clandestine
The interior of the room was dark and damp, with cold stone walls and a single torch hanging on the far wall. Under the torch was a small table with what looked to be spell inscriptions carved into the wooden surface. Glass vials and ceremonial objects were placed in order apon the many spell inscriptions. In front of the table a figure stood enveloped in shadow, the torch light covering only their hands as they worked fluently. Placing fluids and items in certain places on the table.
The door to the room opened sending a ray of light across the figures back unveiling the black alchemicalsymbol inscribed on the back of the red robe. A girl of about fifteen stepped into the dark room. She was dressed the same as the figure except her robe was black with a white symbol. Her hair was short red brown hair with her long bangs covering her right eye and her eyes the color of emeralds. She bowed a deep sweeping bow and never rising said to the figure, "M' lady, two of the rain ninja you have sent have returned. It seems one of them has been captured. The princess has apparently hired two leaf ninja to protect her."
The figure now identified as a woman growled under her breath. She set the vial she was currently holding down and turned toward the girl.
The light hit her revealing a tall beautiful woman with long reddish brown hair which was tied in a tight braid and fell over her shoulder. She had dark, haunted, and almost black green eyes filled with hated and malice.
"It is just as I thought, men are too incompetent to do a woman's job. You would do well to learn from this Vitani. Never trust a man to do a woman's job." The girl Vitani straightened and smiled at the woman her emerald eyes sparking mischievously. "Go to the remaining Ninja tell them they are dismissed without pay for they have failed their mission, and Vitani...fetch me Ananke, tell her I have a job for her." She said before turning and resuming her work.
Vitani smiled and bowed once more and backing out of the chamber she said,
"Yes...Mother."