Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Push ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Forty

Title: Push

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: She's ready to put all of her fears aside. [NaruHina]




She had always stood in the background watching the blond boy from afar. She loved the way he smiled, loved his ambitions to become Hokage. But she would always be on the sidelines, looking in on the enigma that was Uzumaki Naruto. She would never be a part of that small, close group of friends. Of course, she talked to the blond boy from time to time, but there wasn’t some sort of connection. She wanted a connection.

“Hinata-chan!” The Hyuuga girl stopped her training, and raised her eyes to the gates. Naruto was waving at her energetically, a big grin spreading to both of his ears. Hinata blushed crimson as he made his way towards her, his hands shoved into his pockets. “Training hard?” The blond boy grinned, stopping to lean against one of the logs sticking out of the ground.

“Y-Yes.” Hinata nodded, taking a step away and folding her hands in front of her. She was always so nervous when she was around the blond boy. It had gotten better over the years, but there was just something about him. “How have you been, Naruto-kun?”

“I’ve been okay. All we’ve been doing is training. It gets boring, you know?”

“Yes.”

“Sasuke’s not talking again. He’s weird like that.” Naruto pulled his hands out of his pocket and placed them behind his head. He rocked back and forth on his feet, not knowing what he should say to the Hyuuga girl. He was never one to not know what to say.

“Naruto-kun?” Hinata murmured, twisting her fingers in her coat. She was tired of being so embarrassed around him. Today was the day she was going to change. She was going to tell him how she felt. She wasn’t going to let her shyness get in the way.

“Yeah, Hinata-chan?” The blond blinked confusedly, surprised when he looked down and saw the determined look in her eyes. He swallowed thickly, having a bad feeling about those eyes. “Hey, Hina-mmph!” The Hyuuga girl grabbed the blond’s face and smashed their lips together. When she let Naruto go, he stumbled backwards, stars dancing in front of his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Naruto-kun. I have to get back to training.” Hinata gave him a shy smile before going back to practicing her ninjutsu. Naruto was gaping at her for a long time, stuck between confused and shocked. He turned around and gave her a feeble wave over his shoulder, promising to come back later.



~Owari~