Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Tango ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I do not own Naruto nor the movie Flashdance.
 
 
The Tango
Chapter Six
 
Ring. Ring. Hinata rolled over in her bed and grabbed her cell phone off the nightstand.
 
“Hello?” Hinata asked groggily.
 
“HOW WAS IT? ARE YOU OKAY? DO YOU NEED ME TO COME OVER?” Hinata almost dropped the phone at the loudness of her best friend on the line.
 
“Sakura? Calm d-down…” Hinata looked around her room and saw the lavender dress from last night lying on the floor along with…a motorcycle helmet? `Where did that come from?' She recalled the events from last night: the restaurant, dancing with Kiba, seeing her friends and cousin, going to the rooftops, eating to- go food with stolen silverware, and falling asleep on the back of his motorcycle. `How did I get in bed then?'
 
“Hinata-chan, are you still there?”
 
“Yeah…Sakura…uh…I'm f-fine.”
 
“Are you sure, because Mr. ProDancer called me from your cell phone last night to find out where you lived, because you fell asleep on the way back to the restaurant. So Ino and I had to come get you and take you back to your apartment…” On the other end, Hinata could hear Ino say she wanted the phone. Hinata remembered that Sakura was getting her apartment painted.
 
“Hello, Hinata?” Ino said into the phone.
 
“h-hey Ino,” Hinata said.
 
“How was your date? I think we have the right to know, especially since we dragged your lazy ass back to your apartment last night.” Hinata gave a soft giggle.
 
“It w-was g-good. We w-went to an old apart…apartment house that overlooked the b-bay. We ate dinner…”
 
“Yeah with stolen silverware. Kiba gave it back to me, and I gave it to my mom.” After a long pause, Ino said, “Do you like him, Hinata?”
 
Hinata was kind of surprised by this question. Ino would usually say whatever she thought of him first, before she asked what anyone else thought. This was her way.
 
“I d-don't know. He's n-nice,” Hinata stuttered.
 
“Okay…cool. I think he's hott.” Hinata could hear Sakura scoff in the background followed by the soft thump of Ino whacking her. Then there were noises of a small wrestling match that could only be over the phone.
 
“Hinata? It's Sakura.” Sakura won. “Are you going in to work today?”
 
Hinata squinted at her calendar. `Today's Saturday.' “T-today? No. Wh-Why?”
 
“We're going to buy you a sexy dance outfit for your session on Monday.” Hinata could practically hear the smile in Sakura's voice.
 
“What t-time?” Hinata let out a little yawn.
 
“It's already ten. How about noon? That gives you time to shower and get ready, and we can eat lunch- breakfast for you- at the mall.”
 
Hinata gave a little consideration. “Okay…that s-sounds g-good.”
 
“We'll pick you up. See you then,” Sakura said.
 
“Bye.” Hinata hung up the phone. She pushed herself from her bed and trudged towards her bathroom. Hinata spotted the motorcycle helmet lying on the floor. She reckoned she'd give that back on Monday. `I wonder what they're going to make me wear. Nothing horrible like in the movie, Flashdance.' Inner Hinata cringed. `I wonder where Tenten is…I wonder where Neji is.' Inner Hinata gave a small mischievous grin. Hinata stepped into her shower, and let the hot water run over her. She let out a small groan. It was going to be a long day.
 
 
Later…At the mall…
 
“How do you like this one?” Tenten held up a full black uni-tard. Tenten had supposedly spent the night at her own apartment right after finishing her meal with Hinata's brooding cousin, Neji.
 
“I think she'd look like a retard in a uni-tard,” Ino said grabbing the item of clothing and put it back on the rack. Tenten rolled her eyes and went back to searching. Hinata looked around the store. It was a dancewear store that they would've missed if they hadn't looked for it on the Mall's directory. The walls were a pale pink with a gold carpet. The racks were filled with spandex, polyester, mesh, and other flexible materials.
 
“Hmm…I like this one!” Sakura held up a lavender stretchy tank top. Ino grabbed it and looked at it. She held it up to Hinata's body and paused to think.
 
“I like it too.” Ino smiled and handed it to Hinata.
 
“Skirt or pants?” Tenten had grabbed a pair of loose, gray sweatpants and a black skirt that would probably reach past Hinata's knees.
 
“Both,” Ino and Sakura said simultaneously.
 
“I thought I w-was g-going t-to choose.” Sakura, Ino, and Tenten looked at Hinata and shook their heads. Hinata sighed and rolled her eyes. “Sh-shoes?”
 
“She's right. Hinata needs shoes!” Sakura and Tenten went to the front counter and rung the little bell. Hinata fell back onto a comfy little couch.
 
“How may I help you, flowers of youth?” A young man stepped from behind the counter.
 
“ROCK LEE!” Tenten practically screamed. `Usually, Tenten's the calm one.' Inner Hinata sweatdropped. Rock Lee was known throughout work for his shouts of youth and such, and his green fetish. She could clearly see what made him so…infamous. His tight green spandex proved it enough. Hinata thought she would never have to meet the green beast, but she thought wrong.
 
“TENTEN, my youthful blossom, what brings you to my uncle's store of eternal youthfulness?”
 
“My friend needs dance gear…,” Tenten dragged off looking at Rock Lee, “What in the hell are you wearing?”
 
Rock Lee looked upon himself, “Oh this. I'm so glad you noticed. As a proud member of this store's staff, I have to wear dance gear, so I may demonstrate it's usefulness not just in the dance studio, but around the workplace as well.” He smiled, a small glint coming off his shiny white teeth. He did a small pirouette then bowed. Ino and Sakura clapped. Rock Lee looked at his fans.
 
“My, what beautiful flowers of friends you have here, Tenten. What is your name, youthful one?” Ino thought he was talking to her and almost responded, but Rock Lee kneeled in front of Sakura taking her hands in his.
 
“Sakura Haruno,” Sakura said eyeing him cautiously. He may have been a good dancer but his eyebrows were hideous.
 
“Sakura, the cherry blossom. Your name does not even describe your beautiful youthfulness,” Rock Lee said with emphasis. Tenten was about to intervene, but Sakura did it for her.
 
“GET OFF ME!” Sakura whacked him hard on the head. Lee fell back and quickly got up.
 
“So how can I help you ladies?”
 
“I n-need dance g-gear.”
 
Rock Lee turned his head toward Hinata. “Yosh! Another blossom of youth to try the beauty of dance. Good for you! Now what are we looking for? I'm sure we have another green spandex suit just your size.” Lee grinned.
 
“No, thank you, Lee. We just need shoes appropriate for ballroom dance practice,” Tenten cut in. `I'm pretty sure Tenten can deal with him better than I can,' Inner Hinata sighed in relief.
 
“What size?” Lee called as he walked behind the counter and into the storeroom.
 
“A six in women's.” Tenten sat down next to Hinata on the cushy little couch. Sakura and Ino shifted through more racks of clothes.
 
After a while of waiting a small cry of youth was heard from the back, “I found them!” Lee came leaping out from the back carrying a pale yellow shoebox. He presented them to Hinata. `I wonder if they're green,' Inner Hinata laughed at her own joke. Hinata opened the box and pulled the black shoes from their tissue paper.
 
“I love them!” Ino cooed. `They are pretty cute.' The shoes were black with about a two-inch heel on them. They had one strap around the ankle with a bow in the back.
 
“Thanks, Lee. We like them. So what are you doing here? Don't tell me you got fired.” Tenten asked looking at the young salesmen.
 
“No, of course not, that would disrupt my youth. I am merely working here to help spread the joy of dancing to youthful people like you and me all over Konoha.” Rock Lee assumed the “good guy” pose. Tenten sighed and everyone else sweat dropped. After a few more awkward moments of “youthfulness” and finding more dance outfits, Hinata, Tenten, Sakura, and Ino said goodbye to Rock Lee and walked out of the store with linked arms.
 
“Thanks g-guys. I'll s-see you at work t-tomorrow.” Hinata waved goodbye as Sakura pulled away leaving her to take her bags up to her apartment.
 
To Be Continued…
 
Author's Note: Wow, this one came pretty fast. But it is a filler chapter, so it doesn't really matter. I haven't figured out if Rock Lee is going to be a main character or not. Let me know what you think. The dance lesson will be chapter eight, because I'm going to do some Kiba action next chapter. Well read and review because you know you want to.
 
R.V.A.