Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Tango ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I am so excited! I updated with a new chapter at around 4:30 P.M. and then later, 7:43 P.M., I checked my account and I had NINE NEW REVIEWS!!! At that kind of response, I decided to start a new chapter right away!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any other characters from the series Naruto.
 
The Tango
Chapter Seven
 
Kiba leaned back in his recliner. He was going to chill until about 4:00 and then get ready for his session with the contest winner. Kiba looked over at the clock. It was only nine, he'd already taken a shower after his run with Akamaru and now it was time for relaxation. Briing. Briing. The phone. Akamaru barked.
 
Kiba reached over and grabbed it from the coffee table, “Hello.”
 
“Kiba, hey.” A stoic voice was on the other line.
 
“Hey, Shino.”
 
“I'm guessing you didn't get my e-mail.” Kiba hadn't checked his e-mail for two days.
 
“No, why?”
 
“Remember the Latin Ballroom Tournament I was telling you about.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Well, I found you a partner and you have a meeting with her in thirty minutes at her hotel.”
 
“Who is it?”
 
“It's a surprise.” Kiba wasn't liking the sound of this.
 
“Shino, tell me who it is.”
 
“You'll just have to find out.” Shino hung up. Kiba sighed and set down his phone. He stood up and went back into his room to get better clothes than boxers and a white t-shirt. Kiba sifted through various t-shirts and pants to find the perfect outfit. `I wonder who Shino found. Hopefully it's not that Tayuya girl from the amateur Suna contest from last year. She was fiesty.' Kiba shook his head and pulled out a pair of nice black dress pants and gray button-down. He combed his hair into an acceptable state and grabbed his keys off the counter. Before leaving, he let Akamaru give him a kiss and he was out the door. He hopped into his pick-up.
 
You think he could afford something better, and he could. He just chose not to. His truck was like a vital organ. He hated the thought of getting rid of it. It reminded him of why he was determined to be a successful dancer.
 
Kiba grew up in the slums. For awhile it was only, him, his sister, and their mom. When Kiba was 13, his mom died, and shortly after that they found out that had a father who had left all of his money to their mother. When she died, it was all left to them. Kiba sighed as he put the key the ignition. He remembered how that forced him and his sister to grow up. Hana moved them into a better neighborhood, and enrolled him into school.
 
Hana forced him to join dance club, just to get him out of the house. He did pretty well, and was soon moved to the top of the class. It was his seventeenth birthday when things went downhill. His only real friend was Shino, who he had met in French class. So when he was approached by a gang from back in the slums he accepted their friendship. He remembered a lot of them, some of them were even old friends. They became tight, and slowly his friendship with Shino disenegrated. Soon, peer pressure happened and Kiba was on drugs and doing dirty work for them. He was in juvenile hall and rehab for six months for stealing electronics. Nobody came to visit him except for Hana and Shino. Most of Hana's visits included her yelling at him for being so damn stupid. He deserved it. Shino's visits were different. He just sat there looking at him behind his glasses. The tension would get so thick that Kiba would end up spilling his guts to him. He deserved that too. After juvie, Shino and Hana forced him back into dance, and everything was back to the way it was.
 
Kiba pulled out of his driveway and went to go the hotel where he would meet his new dance partner.
 
 
 
***
 
 
“Kiba! Thank god, you're here!” Hana put on her cheesy voice and smile. She walked up to him and threw her arm over his shoulders.
 
“Kiba,” Shino said on a more serious note, “This is Temari, your dance partner.” A straw blonde girl stepped into view. Her hair was done up into an intricate hair-do. One word came to Kiba's mind, “Hot.” Kiba punched his inner self. Kiba took a step forward and extended his hand. She sidestepped his hand and gave him a full hug. She was tall, about only two inches shorter than he was.
 
“If we're going to be partners, we're going to have to cut the formality act.” She whispered in his ear. He recognized her voice. He just couldn't pinpoint it.
 
Kiba stepped back from her hug, “Do I know you from somewhere?” `Yeah, in your dreams.' Kiba scowled at his inner self.
 
“I don't know. But I just made pro, so you might have seen me in the papers,” Temari said.
 
“I guess.”
 
“So why don't we go into the dining hall and have some lunch,” Hana suggested. They nodded and had lunch. Kiba's inner self smiled to himself. `This is going to be interesting.'
 
 
 
Author's Note: I apologize with my deepest sincerity that this was not updated sooner! Seriously. I had so much to do. Between school and holiday gift shopping. I'm sorry that this chapter isn't long either. Anyways, I couldn't really decide how Kiba's past would be like, so there it is. The dance lesson is next. And I'm going to start on it now, since it's winter break.
 
Thanks for the Patience,
R.V.A.