Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Tango ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, but I do own a cute little Sasuke armband.
The Tango
Chapter Eight
Hinata tried to calm the butterflies in her stomach. She took deep breaths in and out as she paced her apartment floor. She was done with her shower after her run, and was all ready to go. She was wearing a pair of loose, gray sweatpants and a black lycra tank top. Hinata carried a big duffel bag, where she kept Kiba's helmet. She looked at the clock. It was 4:45. She grabbed her keys off the counter and with one last look in the mirror she ran out the door. `Brr…It's freezing. Thank god you remembered a sweater.' Inner Hinata shivered. Hinata was too flushed to be cold. `Relax. Everything is going to be fine. Kiba's a nice guy, a little clueless sometimes, but nice.' She started the engine and sped away.
0000000
“Hey Shino, what time is it?” Kiba asked looking at his friend. He had a wonderful lunch with Temari. She was smart and very lively. Or maybe he had one too many glasses of wine. He was still feeling the effects of the wine when Shino drove him home. He was going to meet Temari later at the dance center.
“A little past five.”
“Oh Shit!” Kiba sprang up, ran to his closet, grabbed his dance shoes, and ran out the door. He had sat around for five hours not realizing that he had to give dance lessons. Shino probably had forgotten too. `Well, Temari is quite a distraction!' He scowled. He had Hinata; he didn't want Temari. Kiba started his truck. He hoped that the girl he was giving lessons to didn't mind.
00000000
“Where c-could h-he be?” Hinata asked herself. She sat in one of the private rooms in the dance studio. She had been waiting for about half-an-hour now. The door to the room opened.
“Hi, you must be the one Kiba is giving lessons to.” Hinata looked up. A girl in a purple leotard came in and flat dance shoes. She had straw blonde hair done up intricately. Hinata nodded. “I'm Temari. I'm going to dance with him at the Latin competition. He told me that he would be here already, and I was just going to stop by.”
“I'm h-Hinata.” Hinata stood. Even with her two inch heels, Temari still dwarfed Hinata. Hinata extended her hand in a polite shake and Temari took it gladly. `I don't like this girl. There's something behind her smile.' Hinata shook those thoughts out of her head. Hinata sat down, and offered Temari a seat. She sat and talked about the dance comeptition.
“I'm so sorry. I'm late. I was doing this and that and one thing led to another.” Kiba's voice was followed by a squeal.
“KIBA!” Temari jumped up and rushed into his arms. Kiba looked a little surprised.
“Hey Tem-“ He was cut off, when Temari kissed him. He was shocked by this but his inner self let him relax. `It's not like Hinata's going to see.' He closed his eyes and enjoyed it.
The kiss was cut short when Kiba heard a noise. The person he was going to teach was in the room watching him kiss Temari. He pulled away and turned to the noise.
“Hinata?” Kiba questioned. Hinata was pulling off her shoes, and putting on tennis shoes. She looked up at him with the saddest eyes he'd ever seen.
Hinata swallowed hard. “I s-see your busy. I'll j-just g-go now.” She stood and put her shoes in her bag and walked past him.
“Hinata, no it's not what you think.” Kiba called to her. Hinata stopped. She rummaged in her duffel for a second.
“This is yours,” she said without stuttering. She handed him his black motorcycle helmet without looking back at him. Kiba took it, and she left the room.
“Wow, she got worked up over nothing.” Temari commented. Kiba couldn't see the sly smile cross her face.
000000000
Hinata sat in her car, freezing. She hadn't bothered to turn on the heat. She was heartbroken. This guy who she had thought truly cared for her, kissed another girl before her own eyes. `Maybe he didn't mean it. It kinda looked like she kissed him. Maybe that's her way of greeting him. Maybe she was trying to steal him from you. Kiba wouldn't do that. I told you I didn't like that girl'
“SHUT UP!” Hinata screamed. She didn't want to hear any excuses for him, especially coming from herself. She rested her head on the steering wheel and let the tears fall from her eyes. The warm streams allowed her some comfort. Hinata didn't usually cry. She let her inner self deal with the extreme feelings. But now it was her turn to cry.
To Be Continued…