Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Tango ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto…
 
 
The Tango
Chapter 10
 
 
Hinata sat around her house two weeks after she had last seen Kiba. Neji couldn't come with her to run, and she was pretty sure that Kiba got the clue that she wouldn't be coming to the lessons anymore. `Though I wish you would.' Inner Hinata sighed. Hinata, on the other hand, was humming and preparing dinner. Her friends were coming over later. They hadn't talked much since the time they went to the mall together.
 
Her dance clothes, Hinata suddenly remembered. She could keep the actual clothes, but not the shoes. Those would have to be exchanged. Oh she would just do that later.
 
Hinata set the water on the stove to boil. She started to hum again and moved around the kitchen. She opened up her laptop on her counter, so she could check her e-mail. After yesterday, Naruto promised her another lunch date, so he might have e-mailed her. `He's not that important.' Inner Hinata pouted. Hinata had learned to ignore her.
 
“Hmm…this one's f-from someone n-new.” Hinata spoke to herself. The name said Shino Aburame. She had never heard of him. There was no subject either. She clicked on it.
 
It read, “Miss Hyuga, I'm Shino Aburame, manager to Kiba Inuzuka.” At that moment, Hinata was about to turn away and delete it, but something made her read on. “I have been informed by my client that you have declined to take the dance lessons. This e-mail is confirm that your schedule and to understand if you still would like to take the lessons or not. If you decline, there is an alternate terms for your winning of the radio contest. Please e-mail back. Sincerely, Shino Aburame.”
 
Hinata thought for a moment on her actions. She e-mailed a quick response back. “Mr. Aburame, I would like to discontinue the classes, but no reimbursement is necessary. Thank you for clearing this up with me. Sincerely, Hinata Hyuga.” `Ack! Hinata! That was the perfect chance to reunite with Kiba.' But Hinata pressed `Send' before Inner Hinata could do anything about it. The kettle started to whistle, so she turned down the heat to a simmer.
 
 
 
00000
 
 
 
“So Hinata, I heard you went on a date with Uzumaki!” Ino winked. They sat around Hinata small table eating fried rice and some order-in barbecue pork.
 
“Yeah, it w-was fun.” Hinata smiled and took a sip of her tea. Their lunch date was fun. Naruto amazed Hinata about how determined he was to become the company's top employee.
 
“You went to Ichiraku's right. When I used to work in Global Communications with him, that's all he'd eat.” Sakura grimaced at the memory. They all laughed.
 
“But what about Kiba?” Tenten said. Hinata stopped herself from wincing.
 
“I thought a-about it, and I d-d-don't think he's the g-guy for me.” She smiled, and filled her mouth with rice, so she wouldn't have to speak again.
 
“Hmm, well, you did always like Naruto.” Ino said thoughtfully.
 
“So are you still going to keep taking the lessons?”
 
Hinata had to swallow sometime. “No. I'm j-just a little b-busy right n-now. I actually g-got an e-mail from his m-manager. He said I'd b-be re-re-reimbursed.” They nodded and said oh. They finished their dinners in silence.
 
 
000000
 
“Ex-excuse m-me! Is there anyone a-able t-to help m-me?”
 
“Yes, if you wait a moment, youthful person. I'll be right there!” A familiar call came to Hinata's ears. She sighed inwardly. This was going to take awhile. `I agree.' At that moment, the green beast of her office building showed up, green spandex and all.
 
“Hello.” Hinata greeted timidly.
 
“Ah, young blossom of youth, Hinata, was it?” Hinata nodded. “What may I do for you?” Hinata put the box she had been holding on the counter.
 
“I'd l-like t-to return these.”
 
“Oh, your shoes. Did they not fit you? I can find you a new pair.”
 
“No, I'd j-just like t-to return these. Thanks.”
 
“I'll be back in a flash!” He grinned and ran into the back. `That was more painless than I thought.' Hinata sighed and leaned on the counter. She closed her eyes for a moment. She was more tired that she thought. She heard the bell above the door, and knew someone arrived. Hinata didn't bother to look.
 
“Hinata.” She tensed up. She recognized that voice. `It's him.' Hinata bit down the urge to run away and never look back. `Turn around and tell him you want him.'
 
“Is that someone you know, Kiba-kun?” Hinata also recognized that voice. `It's her.' Hinata turned slowly and braced herself. Kiba stood there kind of tense with a gorgeous-as-ever Temari draped on his arm.
 
“Inuzuka-san, t-t-Temari-san, How…how nice it is t-to see you, again.” Hinata turned her face blank, a trick she learned at a young age to use around her father. `That whore.' Hinata wanted to laugh at her inner self's remark. Temari smiled politely. Kiba opened his mouth to speak, but…
 
“I'm back!” Rock Lee returned. Hinata turned back around. She could feel Kiba's stare on her back. She sucked it up and smiled at Lee.
 
“Here's th-the receipt.” She handed him the slip of paper. He rung it up and handed her back the cash.
 
“Are you sure I cannot find you some other youthful shoes?” Lee smiled.
 
“No, it's qu-quite alright.” She put the money in her purse, gave Lee a silent thank you, and turned around. She hesitated a moment before walking past the couple.
 
“Hinata…” Hinata felt a tug at her sleeve. She turned and faced the man who grabbed her coat. She looked at him. He had slight bags under his eyes. His face looked a little pale, and his dark eyes didn't have the gleam they used to. “I'm sorry.” His voice was a little hoarse.
 
“What sh-should y-you b-be sorry for?” Hinata gave a cute smile and turned around. She stopped for a moment, and looked like she was about to add something else, but walked away.
 
“Inuzuka-san, what can I get you and your youthful flower today?” Kiba looked away from Hinata's retreating form.
 
“Temari can tell you.” Kiba pulled himself from Temari's grasp. He walked to the back of the store to look at the sweats. `Man, I fucked up didn't I?' Kiba didn't respond. He pulled a pair of black sweats from the rack. He really liked Hinata too. She was sweet, and with her, he knew his loyalty wouldn't be crushed. `But we crushed hers.'
 
“What can I do?” Kiba whispered to himself.
 
 
To Be Continued….
 
Author's Note: YAY! ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE! Thank you ALL for the reviews. I love the creative criticism and praises of my awesomeness! Just joking…but I do dig the reviews, so please leave one, and I'LL REMEMBER YOU FOREVER! Well…maybe just until my next chapter…
 
Pleasantly,
R.V.A.