Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Travels Home ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.



He awoke to a gentle caress against his brow, then it was replaced with a coolness of a damp cloth. Shlowly he opened his heavy laden eyes. Before him was a woman, her face framed by golden locks, haloed by soft light behind her. Turquoise eyes stare off into the distance. He tried to move, finding that when he did, pain shot through him like lightening.

"Don't move, it will only worsen your wounds." The woman besides him spoke, with a soft comforting voice.
"What? Where am I?" Sasuke managed to say, finding his mouth parched and numb.
"You have been severly injured, and are now resting at my home. I found you on the shore of a near by river, unconsious."
"How bad...." He rasped.
"You have serveral broken bones, also a high fever, which you have had for several days. Do you not remeber what happened to you?"
Visions of Orochimaru's blurry figure and then blackness washed over his mind. What did he do to me, Sasuke wondered.
"No......." He began to try to explain.
"Don't worry, it will come to you I suppose. If it doesn't maybe you weren't ment to." She said trustingly
"Would you like some water?"
"Yes, please." Sauske replied.

The woman rose from beside Sasuke, picking up a large bowl with towels hanging from it. He watched the woman, gracefully move towards some cabinets near by. In what he would assume was the kitchen, near where he laid. Once close enough, he watched her put he hand out on top of the counter, running her hands along the top. Until he hand met a set of small bowls near a bucket with a ladel in it.
As he watched her, he relalized she was blind. As her fingers felt for the ladel, and then poured water into the bowl. She came back to him.

"My name is Yukiko." She said with a slight tilt of her head.
"I'm going to have to hold you, both your arms are broken, you will need help drinking." She stated as she gentle picked up his torso and scooted herself behind him. In a kneeling position and letting his head rest against her bosom.
Sasuke blushed, she soon brought the bowl to his lips. He craned his head forward sipping the water, refreshing his dry mouth and throat. Once finished he leaned back against her chest once more, exhausted form his efforts. Yukiko then felt his forehead with the back of her fingers.

"Your fever seems to be leaving, that is very good" The woman Yukiko, seem to say to herself. She genlty caressed his brow, until all the furrows left his expression.

Sauske fell asleep in her soft arms, feeling a calm and peace come over him. Feelings he hadn't felt since he was a very small child.
When he awoke once again, he felt the woman holding him. He could tell by her slow steady breath the she was sleeping. He laid there for several moments relishing the comfort her arms gave him, why he tried to decern for him self what wounds he has. Yes, both arms were broken and and some cracked and bruising to his ribs, Though nothing to serious, as to render him near death. It must have been the potion that Orochimaru gave him.
That bastard, anger started to seep within him as he began to think. Was he suposed to have died, did Orochimaru not need him any longer, what about the power he wanted to get form him, what was his game.
Sasuke relized he must have started tensing up, he must have wakened her, for he felt fingers once again touch his brow. He concentrated on calming himself down or atleast masking the anger he felt.

"Forgive me, are you uncomfortable?" She said as she move away, genlty laying him back on the futon.
"I didn't realize I had fallen asleep." Yukiko blushed sheepisly, with her head slightly bowed.
"No, it wasn't that I was thinking about somethings. Acutally I felt very comfortable. I haven't been held that way since.........." He couldn't finish that sentence, it brough back too many memories.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring you sadness.'
"It's not that. I didn't mean to be rude. I just haven't thought about my mother in a long while, that's all." Sasuke stated. Hopefully that would end this conversation. He was not going to open up to anybody, especially a stranger.
"My mother use to hold me like that too, when I was upset or feeling low. I'm glad that you weren't offended. I think all mother's do that." She smiled warmly.
"Would you mind if I looked at you?"
"Huh?" Sasuke uttered.
"I would like to touch your face, so I can see you."
"Oh, I suppose so, if you want."

Yukiko raised her hands to his face, letting fingertips run softly over his face. They felt strange, like butterflies wings fluttering about his face, though not unpleasent. He felt a strange tingling at the back of his head, from here contuning contact to his face. She brushed his hairline taking slight zig zag movements heading down to his chin, her fingers stop slightly when she reached jawline with both hands.


"Oh my." She got up suddenly and dissapeared into the next room. After a few moment she came with here hands behind her. She knelt, taking his face in once again. Smiling, she rubbed a slave from her fingers on his jawline on both sides. Then reached in he pockets and pulled out some bandages, and placed them over the salve.
Sauske froze. Remembering, when his mother had done the same thing to slight burns on his face, so long ago.
"They scratches are only minor, but better safe than sorry. If your feeling up to it I have some soup that should be ready now, if you would like."
"Yes, that would be nice." He watched her get up, and work in her small kitchen. His thought's started to stray.

It was strange, but he felt an instant closeness to her. It had been only a couple moments with her but, to him, it was an instant affinity. He shooked his head. Why, now of all times did he have to feel sentimental. Feel a longing, a wanting of a deeper connection to another living being. Not be alone.
He had shit to do, he needed to get his act together. Once he was healed he was out of here, maybe someone else could take over his care. He still had a mission to do, if Orochimaru hadn't double crossed him, he need to complete it so he could move on, but where to start. Maybe he could get some infromation from Yukiko, maybe she could help him.
She appeared next to him, delaying any thoughts for now. In her hands she held a tray, the aroma of miso drifted towards him. He relized that he was famished, at that moment.

"It is only a thick miso, and some riceballs. I'm sorry, just incase you have some internal injuries."
"I'm sure it will be plenty"
"Also I have a medicinal tea, it will help you heal faster." She told him as she proped him up against the wall in a sitting position.
"It will make you sleepy, but then again rest is best for healing."
"That will be alright. Umm not to offend you, but wouldn't it be easier for you if someone else did this for you? I wouldn't want to burden you."
"I live here alone." She stated with a sad smile.
"What about other people in the village?" Sasuke said not to be deturd, he really didn't want to spend more time with her, theese unexpected feelings would only get worse if he did.
"I don't have a village, mine was destroied, a long time ago. Also there isn't a village near by, to my knowledge." Yukiko said as she started to feed him.
"I know my way around here, so it really isn't a burden."

He ate while digesting the few facts she had given him. He thought silently as she fed him, was there any other options. By the time he was finished he couldn't think of one. Damn. I'll have to deal with it, he told himself. Maybe getting to know her wouldn't be so bad. Considering it a slight bit of happiness before he sold his soul. Yes, just a little bit of peacefull blis and belonging. Just once, before he killed that man. Sasuke thought as he difted off to slumber.


**************************************************** *************************************************************************** ******************


"Sasuke you shouldn't be moving around so soon." Yukiko commented as she heard staggered footsteps apporaching her.
"No, I shouldn't, but I needed to get out." As he sat down on the rock near the entryway.

Looking at the woman who had cared for him over these past weeks, he let a small smile dawn his lips. He reminised about the time, with her. She was been a open honest person and they had talked while he was bed ridden. With her gentle way, he felt a closeness he once had wih his own mother, maybe more so.
Sasuke had told her about some of his past, it was easy since see had no preconceptions of him. It felt good to have someone listen, someone who did not pity him, but understand. He also found out about her past, her father left when she was four and shortly afterwards she had lost her vision. She had no siblings and her mother also past away few years after her father left, in what he imagined was a massacre of her village. She had yet gone into details about it, but then neither did he when he told her about his clan and family demise. The thing that amazed him is, when she talked about it her heard sadness in her voice, but no anger. So unlike his own when he remembered.

"Sasuke, would you like for me to get you anything?" Yukiko said as she came forward to where he was sitting.
"I'm fine, Yukiko. I didn't want to disturb you." He had actually been looking forward to this. In their talks, she had told him she dances. Even though she was blind she felt rythms. Her mother taught her the basics, and she had expanded from there.

So now he would see it. Yukiko was neared a table and started what looked like a metronome with to small drums on each side. He could hear the thump, thump, from the contraption a steady beat. Then next to it she picked up a cylinder from a tinyl box, ran her finger tips on it, then placed it into a small music box.

"I know it is a bit old fashion, but it was my mothers." Yukiko stated with a smile. As tiwisted the key on the side of the box.

She turned around and paced herself a quite a few steps away, with the easy of something done for a lifetime, to a circular wooden floor. That was in the middle of the courtyard. Then with practiced garce and ease, her body began to move. He watched in awe as her movements changed with the melody, from the music box. It was like watch the movements of a fight, yet more fluid and with more beauty than he thought possible. Her hair and clothing began to take a life of its own, moving in subtle timing to the beat.
Then Sasuke gasped as he saw that her kimono slid from her shoulder. No, not her. His mind screamed as it begin to sink in. There on her skin was a birth mark. She was the one Orochimaru wanted, him to find.




Once again review or send an email:
Belledora-1104@hotmail.com
Like it or hate it. Hopefully more on the like side. =) Let me know.