Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unlimited mission ❯ Past! Sound Attack ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
(On with the next ch.)
 
I don't own Naruto
 
Rated R- Violence and a little language
 
This ch. will basically be about the past so I'm just warning you that it might be a little boring but next Ch. will be more action packed.
 
Past
 
 
Konoha was usually bright and sunny but on this certain day it was raining hard. The village was in ruin with some of the buildings crumpling down ready to fall apart.
 
The village had just defeated the demon fox that the fourth had crushed.
 
“The fourth is dead!” A young man said to the Hokage. The Third looked up and smiled sadly.
 
There was a huge circle all around the third while he was giving his speech of loss and victory.
 
It was true he sacrificed his soul towards the Leaf village and sealed the evil demon in a little baby.
 
“Yes and we will honor his bravery. We will also do as the fourth had said. “Take care of the boy and make him a savior.” The third said thinking about what the last dying wish was for the boy.
 
The other adults only shook their heads at what the Hokage said. They to had loved the baby not just because of his father but what they could train him to become.
 
“Now let us…” The Hokage said before he was interrupted.
 
“Hokage the babies gone!” An ANBU said.
 
“Who did it? When?” The Hokage was saying…
 
Present day
 
The Third was looking out the window thinking of that detestable day. Only he and few others knew what the child looked like. He had blonde hair with blue eyes and three strips on each of his face just like his father…
 
“Hokage!” An ANBU came in all but running toward the desk. “We have reports from Anko that there is a trespasser in the exam. A grass nin team has been spotted with their faces missing.” The ANBU finished.
 
The Hokage just sat back in his chair thinking of the dangers and the monster that did this. He had a very good idea who it was.
 
So Orochimaru has finally returned but why? What was his purpose and why pose in the exam?
 
 
 
 
“Hey Haku lets put them both in this three trunk.” Sakura said shakily. She had just crying over Sasuke's body while Haku had to reassure her that he would be fine.
 
“That's a great idea Sakura chan.” Haku said jumping down with Naruto's limp body.
 
Then they placed the two kids down Haku knew he had to report to Itachi about the attack. He also didn't like the look at Naruto nor his neck. Sasuke also had it.
 
It seemed like they were bit. Kira also said the same thing about the wounds. She called them death marks.
 
Whatever it was Haku knew it would screw up their mission.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Naruto woke up in a field of flowers and grass. He felt so comfortable and the sun was bright. He sat up breathing the summer scents while looking around.
There were rolling hills and trees everywhere.
 
The breeze was pleasant on the skin while it made his hair even spikier.
 
Naruto then wondered where he was. Wasn't he fighting the grass nin? He looked down where is shoulder had been stabbed but there wasn't any indication that it had
happened.
 
Naruto stood up and started to walk. He didn't know where he was going but any direction seemed liked a good start.
 
He walked a little more until he saw an ocean. Why would there be an ocean here? Naruto walked towards it but stopped suddenly.
 
It left like someone was behind him. Naruto was going to turn when the person grasped his gut where the seal was while the other hand was put on Naruto's eyes blinding him.
 
Naruto tried to move but found that he couldn't. The hand over his eyes was blocking everything.
 
“Power”, the person said quietly.
 
“What are you talking about.” Naruto said trying to turn.
 
“I will grant you Power.” The person said again.
 
Power? Why would he grant me power, Naruto thought feeling lightheaded.
 
“Power” the person said before disappearing. Then everything started to disappear in front of his eyes.
 
Naruto started to fall into the dark that seemed to swallow up everything.
 
 
 
 
Sakura and Jack helped Sasuke while Haku and Kira helped Naruto get bandaged up. Haku knew that the kyuubi could heal but for some reason it wasn't so Hake had to bandage Naruto's bloody shoulder.
 
“All right I'm going to go find wood.” Haku said walking away.
 
“I'll come to.” Jack said leaving Sakura alone with the two unconscious ninjas. Kira had gone awhile ago to scout the area.
 
Sakura looked back at the two. Sasuke had a high fever and was sweating really bad like Naruto. She had discovered that they both had identical scar markings on their necks.
 
“Hey Sakura how are they.” Haku said coming out of the forest with wood in his hands.
 
Sakura jumped a little not expecting Haku, “The condition hasn't changed.” She said softly.
 
Haku was going to say more when Kira jumped out of the forest.
 
“Haku we need to report this to Itachi now.” Kira said looking over at Naruto.
 
“I know! Damn why couldn't I get there earlier.” Haku said quietly.
 
“Sakura we need to go. It's very urgent so can you please take care of Naruto? We will give you an earth scroll for the trouble.” Haku said looking at Sakura.
 
“Wait what about you? Do you have both scrolls? And you're supposed to enter the tower with your group.” Sakura finished.
 
“Don't worry about that we can make a clone and you guys need the scroll since you don't have one anymore remember? The bastard burned yours.” Haku said giving the scroll to Sakura.
 
“Thank you for everything Haku.” Sakura said taking it.
 
Haku just smiled while jumping in the forest with Kira to go see Itachi.
 
“Hey Sakura where are they going.” Jack said coming out of the forest with some wood.
 
“I really don't know but we have a scroll.” Sakura said getting ready for the fire.
 
Jack didn't say anything else as he helped make the fire and catch fish. He really didn't trust them but it seemed like they had no choice in the matter at the time.
 
Night quickly found them while Sakura and Jack sat around the fire silently.
 
“Man it's pretty creepy in this forest at night.” Sakura said looking around. The forest was dark and chilly from what Sakura could see.
 
“ I know what you mean. So have they improved?” Jack said quietly.
 
Sakura just shook her head. She was going to say more when a cry was heard.
 
Sakura looked back at the little cave and saw that Naruto was thrashing around.
 
“Quick Jack help me so he doesn't bit his tongue.” Sakura yelled hurrying over to Naruto.
 
He was having spasms making his whole body jerk on it's own accord. Jack came around and held Naruto's body down until it stopped.
 
“This has been happening all day with the both of them.” Sakura said quietly setting Naruto's head back down. She looked like she was going to cry again.
 
“All right you should get some rest Sakura. I'll take first watch.” Jack said. Sakura really did look like hell with her hair messy and blood shot eyes.
 
“Fine”. She said lying down in the small cave.
 
 
Soon the night past by and in anyone's opinion it was the worst night they ever had.
 
Sakura was sitting by the small fire they had built up when morning came while Jack had again ran of to find some food.
 
That's when Sakura noticed that one of her traps that she had set up was activated.
 
“Who's there”. Sakura said getting out her kunai.
 
“Put that toy away girl. We aren't here for you. We are here for Sasuke.” A male voice said.
 
Sakura took her stance when they came out of the forest.
 
One was dressed in bandages with dark hair. Another one was a girl with long black hair and the last one was another male with dark spiky hair.
 
“I know you work for that snake Orochimaru but why did he attack Sasuke and Naruto.” Sakura yelled at them.
 
Zaku who was the bandaged guy was shocked. Why would Orochimaru-sama not tell them that the plan had changed.
 
“I don't care, we are going to kill him.” The woman said taking out a kunai.
 
“Hey Sakura you need help.” Jack said jumping out of the forest.
 
Without warning the sound girl attacked Sakura while the short black haired sound attacked Jack.
 
Soon Sakura was losing to the sound girl while Jack had passed out from a sound attack right in his face.
 
“Give up girl.” Zaku said walking towards the cave. Sakura saw this and tried to move but the sound girl had grabbed Sakura's hair tightly.
 
 
Sakura watched in horror as Zaku walked toward the small cave.
 
I have to do something, she thought then it came to her. She instantly took out a kunai and caught her pink long hair.
 
She then went for Zaku to stop him. Sakura punched Zaku right in the face sending him fly a few meters.
 
She then got in a stance right in front of the cave. She would die protecting them if she had to.
 
The other sound with the short black hair came running at her when he was kicked in his side.
 
He went skidding into the ground holding his side. Sakura couldn't believe her eyes. Standing right in front of her was Lee.
 
“Sakura I will always protect you.” Lee said making a pose with his thumb up towards Sakura.
 
 
Meanwhile in the cave Sasuke was having a dream about his family being murdered and seeing Itachi his brother. He was remembering his dead parents faces looking up with Itachi standing over them with a bloody kunai.
 
“I will kill you brother!” Sasuke yelled waking up. The curse seal was being activated. There were dark like leaves coming out of Sasuke's neck going all over is body. He could feel the power and he wanted more.
 
Sasuke got up, the curse seal now spreading all over his face looking at the scene before him.
 
 
On the other side of where Sasuke was, Naruto had his own dream.
 
3 years ago
 
It was raining hard and the wind was blowing strong. Haku was up ahead with Jin just talking while Naruto and his new friend Yuri was lagging behind also talking.
 
They were coming back to a mission that they had completed in the wave country.
 
“Hey come on you slow pokes.” Jin said looking at the to boys.
 
“Yeah Itachi is waiting at Cloud.” Haku added.
 
Naruto only smiled and looked over at Yuri. He had short black hair and aqua green eyes. He was wearing a black shirt with red pants.
 
“You're going to love it at Cloud. You can do anything there.” Naruto said looking ahead.
 
On one of their missions they had ran into a boy who was on the streets so they decided to take him to Cloud. His name was Yuri and had no parents like Naruto so Naruto instantly became friends with him.
 
Much like what they did for Haku. Itachi and Naruto had saved him from a live of pain and suffering. Haku then had dedicated his life to Itachi and Naruto for their kindness.
 
They met Jin in Cloud when they were eating ramen even though Itachi hated it but Naruto had dragged him into the stand anyway with his pestering.
 
Jin and Itachi thought the same about eating ramen so they became friends while Jin just annoyed Naruto so it was a bonus for Itachi.
 
Kira was a little strange she just followed Itachi one day and she still does till this day. Itachi said something about helping her but he wouldn't elaborate.
 
When they arrived at Cloud Yuri was shocked from what Naruto could tell. The city was huge with big streets and shops everywhere. Trees where all over the sidewalks. There was so many people walking around that you would have to use the trees sometimes.
 
The buildings were always kept up and they had training facilities everywhere. The only down side was that it always rained. The leader was also very powerful and respected.
 
Naruto and most of the group lived near the forest where a lake was while Itachi lived near by. Jin and Kira preferred to be in the center of the village itself while Haku also lived by the lake.
 
Yuri was going to live with Naruto for awhile until he had enough money to buy his own place. When they had missions they would go in threes to complete it.
 
The only reason why they stayed at Cloud was because of Kakato. He was the leader of the village and Itachi had struck a deal with him. They could all stay there for free if they did missions for him.
 
It was a pretty good deal considering there last one. Itachi had formally been in a group called Akatsuki where they were S-Class criminals but with Naruto it got difficult so one night they ran away again.
 
But now that they had Cloud it would be ok. The sound had threatened them a couple of times but it was just threats.
 
“Ok here we are Yuri.” Naruto pointed to his home. It wasn't that big but not tiny either. It was a two-story house that was painted blue with a white trim.
 
Inside the house there were four rooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen was huge so Naruto could store his ramen everywhere. There were tables and chairs along with pictures of his friends in Cloud.
 
“Oi Yuri you will stay in this one.” Naruto pointed to a room. It was an ordinary room with a bed dresser and a table.
 
3 months later
 
“Oi lets get ready so we can meet the guys.” Naruto called over his shoulder.
 
Naruto had on an orange shirt with black pants and a pair of sunglasses on his head with a Cloud forehead protector on.
 
Yuri nodded and stepped out of the door.
 
“So what do you think we are going to talk about today?” Yuri said putting on his sunglasses.
 
“I don't know but they said it was urgent.” Naruto replied when he locked the house up.
 
They walked a little when Haku joined them to go to the restaurant.
 
“Haku do you know what's this about?” Naruto asked him.
 
Haku was wearing a white shirt with black pants on. He had his hair short because Naruto said it would make him more manly but it didn't.
 
“No not really. Itachi just said to come.”
 
“Fine but I want dinner first.” Naruto said crossing his hands.
 
When they got there Itachi and the rest where already waiting.
 
“Man it took you long enough.” Jin said drinking.
 
“Don't look at me it was Naruto's fault.” Yuri said laughing.
 
“All right settle down. Kakato wants us to do a mission and I want Kira, Jin, and Yuri to go this time. Now you will be doing some spying in stone. They believe that the stone will take sides with the sound but they want to make sure.” Itachi said handing the three a piece of paper.
 
“Why can't I go come on I'm good at spying unlike Yuri.” Naruto protested.
 
“I don't care if you want to switch places then fine now you will leave at dawn.” Itachi said looking at everyone else.
 
Next day -Dawn-
 
 
“All right Naruto I'll see you later.” Yuri said waving at him and the others before leaving.
 
“I have a bad feeling Haku.” Yuri said quietly.
 
“I know but it's for the best.” Haku said before leaving Yuri.
 
 
Three days later -Sunset-
 
The day was extremely cold and rain was poring down. Naruto and the others had just arrived to tell Kakato that the stone was indeed siding with the sound.
 
Naruto, Kira, and Jin entered Cloud and were shocked. Buildings were burnt and blood was on the streets. Some of the buildings were even reduced to rubble.
 
“What happened?” Naruto asked confused.
 
“It looks like they where under attack.” Jin said quietly.
 
“Let's go see Kakato”. Kira cut in walking towards the bigger buildings in the back of the village.
 
When they got there they saw Itachi with Haku talking.
 
“Hey what happened?” Naruto asked.
 
“It was a night raid, they struck last night wiping out over 400 people. We don't know who did it either because they didn't have an symbol but we have an idea.” Itachi said.
 
“That's right but I have a pretty good idea who it was to.” Said a voice from behind Naruto.
 
It was Kakato. He had short silver gray hair and black coal eyes. His eyes were so deep you could clearly see the knowledge and power in them. He was wearing a cream colored shirt with a cloud in the front and black pants.
 
Naruto looked around but didn't find Yuri.
 
“Hey where is Yuri?” Naruto asked and they all fell silent.
 
“He was killed protecting the village.” Kakato stepped in.
“He was very brave until the end.” He finished.
 
“What? How did he die?” Naruto whispered while his head and lowered. He felt numb and didn't even know that his fists were balled up so tight that blood started to seep out of the hand.
 
This can't be! Why did he die? It's my entire fault I didn't have enough power to save him. He was only 13 years old,
I killed him. I should have been here not him. I should have been here. It's my fault. If I hadn't have goofed off we could have arrived here last night.
 
Naruto ran out the door to see for himself that it was Yuri his best friend. Maybe it was some other poor soul that died that looked like Yuri. Naruto kept thinking but in the back of his mind he already knew the detestable answer and it was his fault.
 
When he got there the guards advised against seeing him but he didn't care he needed to see for himself. Naruto thought walking up towards the person that was covered with a white sheet.
 
 
( Hey what's up. Thanks for all of your reviews and I know this wasn't as exiting as the last ch. but I needed to clear up the past a little.)