Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Watcher in the dark ❯ Always Walk With Company ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Authors notes: O.k. I've been getting a lot of ideas on what the watcher should be, some say it should be Lilith, some say it should be a demoness, others a vampire, well votes are in and I've made my decision, just know I did not pick this it's form because people asked for it more, but on which appealed the most to me. Either way, this story is going to have LOTS of gore in later chapters, sex is also probably going to happen as well.

Oddly enough some people didn't understand me when I said this wouldn't be like My Lovely, listen I DID NOT WRITE THAT! I must admit it was well made very interesting plot, but it scared the shit out of me, seriously. I apologize to those of you who thought I did, I did not mean for you to take it that way.

Now on to the story.

Watcher in the dark chapter: 2-Always walk with company

It was the night preceding the tests, Shinji had taken it upon himself to make a rather large dinner for his roommates, Penpen included. For Misato he'd maid Chow mien noodles, for Asuka he'd made an Italian style dinner of spaghetti and meat balls. Penpen had received clam chowder, fried haring, and some wine he'd found in the back of the fridge. Needless to say everyone was enthusiastic to the large feast set out before them. So much so that Misato had allowed Asuka and Shinji to partake in her beer stash, and now Asuka, Misato and Penpen were engaged in a drinking contest, so far Penpen was winning. Shinji smiled as he watched them down beer after beer, they're faces getting redder and redder after each can. Shinji smiled at them, he wondered how people could be so happy, yet knowing that at anytime they could be killed in the next Angel attack. Shinji looked to the trash can which was nearly overflowing with the trash of the last few days. Wrapping the bag up, Shinji pulled the large black bag out of the can, and carefully tied it together. Announcing that he was leaving to his flat mates, who were probably too drunk to care, Shinji left the apartment and headed out into the night.

**************

You have left the apartment; they are still drinking to the food you had taken such time to make. You would not understand the evil of their ways, not unless you see it from my point of view, therefore, I shall have to make you the same as me.

**************

Shinji placed the trash on the curb, sighing in some what relief that his work was now done. Shinji looked up at the sky, he tried counting them for a few minutes, and he actually got to 256 before he realized the futility in the act.

Then he felt it.

It was the same feeling he'd gotten back at NERV, it was a feeling he had trouble describing, like there was something he should see, something plainly obvious, but could not spot it. Then realized what it was.

He was being watched.

But why would anyone watch him, it wasn't as if he was anyone special after all, he was just some boy, right? Despite his thoughts, Shinji couldn't help but feel that someone or something was watching him. Slowly he edged away from the trash curb, warily looking about, trying to find whatever was walking at a brisk pace, trying to move as fast as possible, without raising suspicion from who ever, or what ever, was watching him. Off in the distance he could hear the sound of clanking metal, he looked behind himself; the trash cans had been knocked over, spilling the garbage over the street, yet whoever knocked them over wasn't there.

Shinji increased his pace, moving at a pace reserved for jogging. Then he heard something that really frightened him, it sounded like rushing wind, as if something was cutting through the air. Shinji bolted, heading strait for the elevator. He rushed to the up button, tapping it multiple times, in a vain attempt to make the elevator increase it's slow pace. "Come on damn it!" He cursed. The elevator would not get here in time, the sound was getting louder. Shinji bolted to the stairs pulling the door open with haste previously unheard of for him. Moving two steps at a time, taking deep breaths as he went; he reached the 4th floor, hacking and coughing away. Gradually his breath began to return, his breath slowed down a little. Then Shinji noticed something, he didn't hear the sound any more. Shinji turned around jerking left and right, trying to see any sign off whatever had been chasing him. Shinji sighed is relief, allowing his breath to return to normal He looked down the hallway, and he instantly paled. There it was sitting on the guard rail.

Darkness seemed to be drawn to it, swirling, obscuring his sight of what it looked like. A pair of deep blue voids, which he suspected were its eyes, seemed to glow with intentions that Shinji did not look of. It had a pair of protrusions coming from its back, wings; probably what was making that sound. He swallowed his saliva, almost as if swallowing his own hope. It held out its hand, beckoning him to come closer. Shinji shook his head; he slowly stepped back, and then turned to make a break for the stairs again. He heard the whooshing sound again, it had over shot him. It was now between him and the door, it stood strait and tall, it was about 6 inches taller than himself, from what he could see………..it was female. Shinji felt something, it was distinctly familiar to what he sometimes felt from Misato, lust, and it was his lust. He was disgusted with himself for thinking like that, now was not the time for that. Shinji slowly turned back, and then ran as fast as he could to the apartment door, so close!

He suddenly felt weak, as if he could not go on. He tried to take another step, but his feet would not move. He struggled to take a step, tried to scream and call for help, but he could not draw out the will from his body, he was going to die here, and no one would know what had killed him.

He toppled over, sliding up against the wall, slowly falling to the ground. His eyes could still move, they darted to the creature, which now stood over him, all he could wonder was, `Will this hurt'. However as the creature leaned down over him, all he could feel was a gentle warmth.

***************

It was morning in Tokyo 3, the sun was shining, and ironically enough Misato did not have a hang over. Looking up from the table where she, Asuka, and Penpen had passed out, she stood up and looked to the kitchen, Shinji hadn't made breakfast yet? She got up with a surprising grace for someone who'd just woken up, she walked to Shinji's room and opened the door without knocking; he wasn't there. Well she had to get the paper, looking for Shinji could wait. Opening the door to the outside, Misato looked the sky, the sun had still yet to rise, it was probably 5:00 a.m. Looking down the hall Misato's eyes widened to the site of Shinji Ikari, doubled over lying just 3 ft from the door. He was deeply pale. She placed her hand over his fore head, which was extremely warm. Worry creasing her brow Misato ran to the Cell phone in her room, she then dial Ritsuko Akagi's number.

"Ritsuko, listen it's Misato! Get an ambulance down here now!"

Authors Notes: Man I'm enjoying writing this. I hope you guys liked this chapter, got a little look as to what he Watcher looks like; al though that wasn't all that it actually looks like. You'll see what it really looks like in the next few chapters. To tell you the truth as I was writing this I was getting kind of scared. Hope you like it as much as I did writing it.