Original Stories Fan Fiction / Angels Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Guardian Angel~
 
I must watch over a human without them knowing what I am and what my purpose is. I must not get emotionally attached to my charge and I must not interfere when it is time for them to die. I must protect them until their date of death arrives and when it does; I must adapt a new disguise and move onto the next person I must protect. If I ever become emotionally involved with my charge or try to prevent their death, then the consequences on my half would be dire. Now I must go through the never ending cycle of protecting a mortal every time my other charge dies, this time, I must protect a teenage boy by the name of Toshio Ryuichi, Ryu, as his friends call him. Age, 15, blood type, O- and he seems to get along well with other mortals, this shouldn't be hard, or so I had thought.
 
 
“Toshio-san, wait up!” a girl with waist length raven black hair and Sapphire blue eyes calls.
Geez, Toshio Ryuichi is one active boy!
“It's not my fault you're slow Kaminari-san!” Ryuichi calls over his shoulder.
“I told you to call me Rei!” the girl exclaims.
“I will when you start calling me Ryu!”
“Fine, I'll can you Ryu-kun from now on!”
Ryuichi stops in his tracks and turns around to face Rei. I can't believe I got stuck with such a hyper active mortal. Rei thinks as she stares at Ryuichi and his shocked expression. And he's so easily shocked as well as pleased.
“Then I'll call you Rei-chan.” Ryuichi says in a `and that's' final' type of tone.
“Alright, I'll agree.” She says happily.
As long as I do not get emotionally involved with you, I'll agree.
“Thanks again for letting me stay with you Rei-Chan.” Ryuichi says, knocking Rei out of her thoughts.
“No problem, your parents would have wanted you to be happy and live a happy life style.” Rei says calmly.
That's right… Ryuichi-kun's parents died in a car accident last month. I'm surprised he can be so cheerful after that happened. I got to talk to their Guardians before they left… they were scared, obviously his parents weren't supposed to die… but I can't rely that information.
“Rei-Chan, are you okay? You're awfully quiet today.” Ryuichi says, yet again pulling Rei out of her thoughts.
“I'm fine, just thinkin' is all.” Rei responds.
“Don't hurt yourself.”
“Hey!”
“The first stage of horse-“
“Yeah, Yeah, I get it. I swear you can be such a pain sometimes. Oh, how's it goin' with your girlfriend?”
“Huh? Oh, it's goin' fine.”
“That's good enough.”
“Why do you ask?”
“Just wonderin'. What do you want for dinner?”
“How `bout Chicken parmesan?”
“… Alright, sure.”
They finally make it to the house and Rei walks in after unlocking the door. She throws her bag onto the couch and goes upstairs to change out of her uniform. She decided to throw on a pair of jeans and a T- Shirt before going downstairs and into the Kitchen.
“There's a party tomorrow night at my friend's house, want to go with me?” Ryuichi says, catching Rei off guard.
“What about Kira? Shouldn't you go with her? She is your girlfriend after all.” Rei says, trying to stay calm.
“She's… my Ex-girlfriend now.”
“I thought you said-“
“… Oh… yeah… well…”
“It's alright, no need to explain.”
“So… wanna come with me?”
“Sure… What should I wear?”
“Um… he said all the girls can where whatever, same with the guys.”
“Okay.”
Rei turns back to dinner, but before she could start anything, she feels a sharp pain in her chest and her vision goes dark. Ryuichi runs up and catches her before she hits the ground, but he didn't know what to do.
 
`Crap, I must have done something wrong, but what? I only accepted his offer to make him happy, I have no feelings for him to act upon so let me wake up you noobie idiot!'
`How wouldyou know I'm new?'
`Because I accept these offers all the time! I'm so detached it's not even funny!'
`How would I know you aren't lying?'
`Check the records retard!'
`Don't speak to me like that!'
`Check the damn records!'
Silence, rustling of paper.
`Oh…'
`I'm right aren't I?'
`Yes… sorry!'
`Let me wake up please.'
`Yes Miss. Kaminari.'
Retard.
 
Rei wakes up and smiles at a rather shocked looking Ryuichi. She notices that Ryuichi was still holding her in the same position that he caught her at. She gently pushes him away before standing up and she places her hand over her heart, good, there was still a beat. Normally when she was called so suddenly, her heart ceased to beat, but it seems the noob wasn't too bad, evidently he had a lot of cases since he started. Rei goes back to cooking the dinner, which thankfully, hadn't burned in her short `absence'. Once it was done, she sets the table and serves up the food.
“Come on Ryu-kun, dinner is ready!” Rei calls.
“Coming!” he calls back.
He runs into the dinning room and trips over on of Rei's cats. As a reflex, Rei jumps over the table and catches him before he hits the floor. She lets out a sigh of relief, that is, until she notices that his face was in her chest and he seemed to be blushing. She quickly lets him go and goes to her seat. Ryuichi gets up, his face still red, and he sits in his seat across from her. They eat in silence and, when she is done, Rei excuses herself from the table. She goes to her room and locks her door behind her before sitting down on her bed. Just as she expected, she collapsed and darkness surrounded her, it was time for the meeting.
 
`Rei, what just happened?' came the leaders voice.
`My charge tripped over one of my cats and I stopped him from doing a face plant to the floor.' Rei responds.
`Hm… you almost blew your cover.' Came a different Guardian's voice, male by the sound.
`I told Ryuichi-kun that I was a gymnast… it works since I joined the schools gymnastic team. He does not second guess me.'
`Why are you speaking so friendly of your charge?' came a female's voice.
`Because he requested that I call him that.'
No need to tell them that I call him by his nickname, that wouldn't bode well.
`I sure hope you aren't becoming emotionally evolved with this human.' Came the female voice yet again.
`How long have you been a guardian?' Rei asks the female, `In other words, what rank are you?'
`I am Hou Kitsune Guardian angel rank Five.'
`Oh, so you are new?'
`So what? At least I am a five and not a ten!'
`Excuse me?! I am Kaminari Rei Guardian Angel Rank One, You will NOT show me such disrespect so early in the game Miss. Hou!'
`Ladies, Ladies, please stop fighting!' came the male voice, `We were here just to make sure mothing went aria and obviously nothing did.'
`You are all excused; I believe it is dawn on your end Kaminari, so you are excused first.' Said the leader's voice.
`Arigato.' Came Rei's reply.
 
Rei wakes up in her bed to see Ryuichi looming over her and she lets out a short gasp. She sits up and backs up a bit, looking away, trying to hide her blush. She hated it when he did that.
“What do you need Ryuichi-kun?” Rei asks, fighting to remain calm.
“It's time to get up and get ready for school Miss. Internal-Alarm-Clock.” Ryuichi says.
He leaves the room and Rei quickly gets dressed in her school uniform and puts her hair up into a high pony-tail. They both start to leave the house, but Ryuichi grabs Rei's arm and pulls her back into the house.
“What is it now Ryuichi-kun?” she asks, sounding highly annoyed.
“I… I… um…” he stutters.
“Well? We haven't got all day.”
“I think I love you!”