Original Stories Fan Fiction / Angels Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh no… Ryuichi!
“Ryuichi-kun… I… I don't know…” Rei says hesitantly.
“Oh… I'm sorry.” Ryuichi mutters.
“Don't be… I… just need time to think is all.” Just don't get your hopes up.
“Okay!”
“And I'll still go to the party with you. Now, let's get to school before we're late.”
Rei runs out of the house ahead of Ryuichi, her heart pounding in her chest. That would have been disastrous. Rules one and five almost didn't exist! Crap, I'm going to have to talk about this at tonight's meeting with the others… I can handle it; I'm not a Rank one for nothing.
“Rei-Chan, wait up!” Ryuichi calls.
“It's not my fault you're slow Ryu-kun!” Rei calls over her shoulder, imitating what Ryuichi had done yesterday.
“That's my line!”
“Not anymore!”
They finally reach the school and Rei waves' bye to Ryuichi as she runs to her homeroom. She wasn't able to get into all of Ryuichi's classes, but she did get into most of them, her favorite class being the forensics class she was allowed into with him. They both worked well together so there was no problem, but she wasn't so sure about today. I've never had this problem before, never before have had any of my charges developed any feelings for me, just like I never developed any feelings for them… this sucks. The day goes by without a hitch and before she knew it, it was time for forensics. She slowly walks into the room and easily dodges the flying pieces of paper and anything else that was presently air born. Someone threw a pen, entitled to go over to a friend, but it was flying towards Rei's head. She catches the pen only centimeters from her head and she places it on the desk next to her, where it was supposed to go. She sits down at her desk and waits for Ryuichi to walk in, which happened only two minutes later. Rei takes out her laptop and loads up the program they use.
“Hey Ryu-kun.” Rei says cheerfully.
“Hello Rei-Chan.” Ryuichi replies.
Rei and Ryuichi don't speak of what happened that morning and they go about trying to solve their case. They were close to it, seeing as they had enough evidence for a search warrant, but before they could go any further, the bell rang. Everyone piles out of the room as Rei closes her laptop and puts it away before slinging the case's strap over her shoulder and leaving.
“Let's go home and get ready for the party.” Rei says.
“Okay.” Ryuichi says.
“Mhm… I think I'll wear a skirt, what do you think?”
“Uh… sure…”
Rei laughs slightly because Ryuichi was blushing and she found it cute. Yet again, Rei could feel her heart rate increase as Ryuichi walked next to her, rather closely. She enters the house once they get there and she runs upstairs. She takes out a light blue blouse and a black, knee length skirt as well as a pair of dress shoes that strap up the leg. She walks downstairs after putting her hair into a half bun and letting the rest fall into a pony tail.
“Is this too much?” Rei asks, to an angel of her status, this was dressing down.
“No, it's fine, you'll probably be the least slutty girl there.” Ryuichi replies.
:Heh, wait until you see my warrior outfit, talk about slutty.
“If you don't mind, I want to be home before midnight.” Rei says.
“No problem, lets go.” Ryuichi says as he grabs Rei's hand.
Yet again, Rei's heart started to pound against her rib cage, as if begging to get out. All that was caused by just a simple contact, she was really going to have to talk to the council. Sure, she herself was in the council, they only time both councils met together, is when there is a solar eclipse.
“Rei-Chan… you okay?” Ryuichi asks, knocking Rei out of her stupor.
“huh? Yeah, I'm fine.” Rei says as she attempts to keep her emotions in check.
“Well, we're here.”
They both walk into the house and they are greeted with loud music. The friend that invited Ryuichi… was actually a girl.
“Hello Mizu-san.” Rei says politely.
“What are you doing here? I invited Ryuichi, not you!” Mizu snaps.
“She's my date, I invited her.” Ryuichi says before Rei can retort.
“What happened to Kairi?”
“I dumped her `cause she was cheating on me.”
“Oh, so Rei here is just a rebound.”
Rei's eyes narrow dangerously at the show of disrespect indicated towards her.
“Mizu… I advise you to watch what you say to me. “Rei warns.
“I did not give you permission to call me by my first name only!” Mizu snaps.
“Nor did I give you permission to call me as such. I will not show you respect unless you show me respect as well.”
Rei smirks after she finishes her sentence and turns to Ryuichi.
“I want to go home Ryu-kun, but if you want to stay, I will too.” Rei says calmly.
Ryuichi grabs Rei's hand and smiles at Mizu.
“We'll be going now, I don't want Rei-Chan to be somewhere she is not wanted.” He states.
They both walk off and Ryuichi doesn't release Rei's hand the whole way. Rei's heart wouldn't stop beating against her chest no matter how much she tried to calm it. I really need to call a meeting tonight, I think… I might have to appoint thema new guardian. Rei thinks as they walk home, eventually, her heart stops pounding and she realizes it must have been the shock that caused her heart to go wild. She pulls her hand out of his grip and lets out a sigh.
“Do you believe in angels Ryu-kun?” Rei asks suddenly.
“I guess so, why do you ask?” Ryuichi replies.
“I was… curious.”
“What about you?”
“I definitely believe in angels.”
“Why?”
Rei shrugs.
“There has to be something that protects humans from the things that could kill them.” Rei says as they walk, “Humans are only mortal and, contrary to popular belief, they aren't the highest on the food chain.”
Ryuichi stares at Rei in shock at all she had said, but she decides not to notice. They finally make it to the house and Rei claims she is tired, so she heads up to bed. She closes her door and lies down on her bed before being called to the council.
 
“You have a problem Kaminari-san?” came the leader's voice.
“I think I should resign as Ryuichi-kun's angel.” Rei says calmly.
“And why is that?” came a second male voice, one Rei recognized as her brother, Sen.
“He told me he loves me and that only makes this job harder. He won't be able to understand why I can't his feelings and upon that, humans react on their feelings in physical ways.”
“Only if the other returns there feelings.” Came a female voice, Rei's sister, Bella.
“What if he was to act on impulse? I can not take the chance of putting him in danger! Lately I've had demons tracking me and it's been hard enough!”
“Fine, I shall replace you with a different angel, but you must come up here and stay until we find you a new charge that has come of age.” Says the leader, “You have twenty-four hours before your existence is erased.”
“Great.”
“You may act on any feelings you may have without being punished.”
“Whatever.”
“See you soon sis!” Bella says.
“Come straight home!” Sen demands.
“I will no worries.”
 
Rei wakes up and stares at the ceiling, contemplating if she should at least make him happy, just for this one day. She slides out of bed and goes over to Ryuichi's room. She hesitates for a second before knocking on his door. She hears movement behind the door and it soon opens and Rei finds herself looking at a rather disgruntled looking Ryuichi. Without warning, Rei hugs him and buries her face in his shirt, catching him off guard. He suddenly hugs her back and she feels her chest being pressed against his. She just relaxes in his arms and soon finds herself pushed against a wall. Ryuichi gently kisses Rei, but it soon becomes fierce and he grabs a hold of her upper arms, trying to pull her closer. Rei doesn't try to fight back; instead, she grabs a hold of his shirt and kisses him back with just as much intensity. She wanted him to be happy for the remainder of the 24 hours, she was glad she had no limitations, but that didn't mean she's go any farther. She felt Ryuichi tug at her shirt and immediately, she pulled away.
“Sorry, I can't do this…” Rei says, making herself sound sorry, like she really wanted to.
“I shouldn't have pushed that fast.” Ryuichi mutters.
“Come on, it's Saturday and I want to spend the day with you!”
“In your pajamas?”
“Fine, I'll go change… you might want to take a shower…”
Rei smirks and she walks to her room, Hm… I guess I'll wear my fighting dress, it's cute and I want Ryuichi to be happy. He likes me so I'll play the same card. Rei thinks as she takes out a black “dress” that the sleeves stopped just before area on her shoulder that slopes down to the arm and a neckline that stopped half way up the neck. (Think Sango's slayer's uniform for the neckline.) The `dress' had a slit all the way up to the middle of the thigh on both sides and she had a pair of skin tight shorts. The `dress' had gold trim on the bottom and on the top of the collar as well as having gold kanji on that stood for “Guardian Angel”. She takes out a pair of lace up sandals and finally gets dressed. Once she's done getting dressed she puts her hair in a bun and puts in a pair of clips with diamond flowers at the end. She walks out of her room after concealing some knives, just in case demons came, she was still his Guardian until she `died' or in this case, left. Ryuichi stands at the front of the stairs as Rei walks down and she smiles at him.
“Ready to go Ryu-kun?” Rei asks sweetly.
“Yes, where do you want to go?” Ryuichi asks.
“The park.”
They both walk out the door and go to cross the street and what happened next was unexpected. A demon lunged out of the shadows and went to attack Ryuichi. Rei tackles the demon to the ground, into the middle of the road, and stabs it in the head with one of her concealed knives. Before Rei could react, a car came hurtling towards her and it's front end collides with her chest, crushing her ribs and sending her flying only for her to land on her head in the road with blood pooling around her, she didn't move, it was evident, she was dead.