Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction / Angels Fan Fiction ❯ Death to the Heretics ❯ First Kiss ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It wasn't about winning that made Micah do what she did, it was about stopping Kasen from hurting her, self-defense. She'd never considered it a worthy cause of feeling great that she'd won, smug even. None of it seemed to effect her like any other. Instead it left Micah with a horrible taste in her mouth as she lay knelt to the ground simply staring at the dark broken ground, a hand splayed out touching and feeling.Her hair caressed her face for the time that the angel sat prone, not being able to get rid of that look of defeat or perhaps even a tear that never fell from Kasen’s face, he was a lot more than a beast... a demon... a prince. And it took Micah enough time to realize that it wasn't right. It wasn't fair to just let him run away, he had no where to go, Micah knew better than to think his father would let him return - not after loosing against a female no less. She'd vaguely considered the consequences herself should she seek him, at least make sure that she hadn't actually killed him, if Micah did - no doubt she wouldn’t be able to return home either. Her father would never forgive his pure at heart daughter for helping the enemy, his worst one. Kasen. But... even with that playing in her mind, Micah couldn't stop her feet from moving as she followed his smell, his aura, it was so dark and tainted the angel could feel it against her skin.When she found him beside the lake, knocked out, unconscious. She gave a heavy sigh. Being careful she knelt down beside him, before even touching his wound, Micah licked her two fingers and winced as she stroked it over the wound to her shoulder feeling the pain be away as it healed. Angels and their angelic powers. It was perhaps a lot more difficult to heal Kasen given that in order to heal his wounds... she had to lick his skin. Most certainly not something the angel dreamt of doing without his permission, or him being asleep for that matter.Instead she did what the only other thing that could be done. Micah cleaned him up, ripping a part of her shirt and dampening it in the water dabbing the moist cloth on his face and hands taking a good look at the strikingly handsome features. Such sadness consumed Micah as she bowed her head and stared into her lap. Completely vulnerable, long since removing the armor that bore blood of those she'd killed, leaving her in linen trousers and shirt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kasen was awake in his subconscious, listening to what was going on around his body. It felt as if he were at the bottom of a warm lake, looking upward at the choppy surface. He wanted to come out, feeling restless and unable to sleep. By now the blood had clotted up and stopped the bleeding but the wounds were still open and prone to infection, he just wanted to wake up!Feeling the cool touch of something damp on his skin was enough to pull him from the bottom of his subconscious. With a harsh groan, he rolled his head back and forth until he found the will to open his eyes. Looking over, he saw her but her armor was gone. For a split second, he thought they both had died but he dismissed that thought as absurd. Surely if he were to die, he wouldn't end up anywhere, let alone with her anyway.Shifting his eyes, he saw the sky and the trees that were struggling for life, remembering that he had laid down in that same spot. "Must have blacked out" he thought to himself before looking at her. "Come to rub your victory in my face?" he muttered with a sneer

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

His voice, so cold - uninviting and yet, when Micah looked up, eyes filled with worry and concern, it seemed quite the opposite to why she was here, it wasn't to gloat in her glory for in reality the battle meant nothing, not when so many lives had been lost. Gazing down at the wound she'd inflicted, knowing that even with the blood clotting that the wound wouldn't close - infection was the last thing the demon needed to worry about. "It wont heal, not without my help." it was barely spoken out, the angel choosing to ignore his baiting comment. What was the point in rising to it? Certainly doubtless Kasen would have believed her words anyway."You blacked out, but-- I found you, not that it did any help since I refuse to heal the wound without your permission let alone when you're out cold." a hand rose, so delicate and gentle as Micah rubbed the cloth down Kasen's neck, humming a little making sure that any sweat, grime or blood for that matter was removed. It was an occurrence that would never reach history books, an angel and demon... together, it was forbidden and so wrong. Micah never once considered that she didn't have a home, that her enemy was know both demon and angel, being classified as a heretic was just another occurrence that the 'fallen' angel no doubt would deal with. For now, the crystal eyed female just wanted to help Kasen. Why? That was something that not even she could comprehend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kasen tensed at the touch, having half a mind to smack her hand away... But he didn't. Instead, he relaxed again, looking at her as long as their eyes didn't meet. She was helping him, and he didn't sense a trick or game about it. It was strange to be helped by a gentle as he laid there almost helpless... Almost being the key word.He used his arms to help sit him up, groaning from the pain in his chest and side. He didn't want to move too much, just enough so he could sit up and see her more clearly. Now that they weren't fighting, no bloodshed around them and her intentions of finding him had become clear, Kasen's eyes wanted nothing more than to soak her in.Forcing his eyes away from her and looking down at his injuries, he didn't flinch or wince, just frowned. "You said you could heal these?" That would be nice, they were starting to annoy him with their low, pulsating throbs. His mind switched tracks, now thinking of what would become of him. Lucifer wouldn't stand for this, and with her near him and not in combat, she had signed away her own life. But why was the real question.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
She'd winced when she heard the hiss as he tried to sit upright, looking at her with wariness and perhaps some form of neutral effect. It was a good sign at least that he hadn't suddenly started spurting about how he hated her kind. It wouldn't have helped Micah's state of mind to want to heal someone when all they wanted was to kill her. For a while longer he wouldn't.Placing the dirt covered cloth onto her hand, she closed her eyes a faint blue glow surrounding the material as it cleansed and cleaned returning to the same color as it was when she'd ripped it from her shirt. "I can heal your wounds, I made them, therefore they can be removed..." there was no denying that Micah by no means appreciated being doubted on her expertise of healing. If anything that was what she was good at, fighting came natural given her fathers temperament of fighting against Lucifer."It just involves what you'd consider unorthodox since you wouldn't want a 'horrible angel' that close to you..." not bothering to finish her sentence, Micah looking away to stare into the red water, fingers playing with the scrap of material fidgeting under his hard gaze, inwardly sighing when she felt it move away. The angel knew her beauty, but never liked it to be a reason why someone appreciated her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kasen thought for a moment. There was a lot of things that could be considered unorthodox, like what they were currently doing. With that thought in mind, he just smirked, wanting to laugh. His head leaned back so he could look at the sky, the sun's rays starting to spread through the darkness. "Can't really get in much more trouble than we are now so you might as well go for it,"Not only did he want to be healed, he wanted to see what was so wrong about her way of healing. Besides, actually seeing healing done without fire and crude tools would be interesting. "Whatever it is, I'm sure I can handle it," he assured her, and himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Don't say I didn't warn you" Micah's gaze turned to his directly, hands gently moving to Kasen's shoulder as she pushed him back to lay down on the ground, pulling out a small dagger that was hidden at the ankle of her leg and using it to cut Kasen's armor so that she could get to the wound without worrying about slicing her tongue during the process. With just a linen shirt like her left on, the angel made short work of the bloodied article choosing to not gaze over the broad tanned chest that was littered with various scars, most likely from more than one battle where a fortunate breed like herself managed to cut him. Nudging forward so that her knee's settled to press against his side, Micah bent over his body, white hair hiding her face as she tilted her head to near the clotted blood and gaping slice, ghosting a cold breath over the hot skin soothing the numbness to it whilst the tip of her tongue flicked out and slowly healed the edge of the wound. Retracting at the taste of his blood almost immediately but soon seeming to ignore the bitter taste as Micah began lapping at the broken skin, the sound of hissing as the mix of her saliva and tongue fixed the skin to seal together, still - she had some way to go before it was full done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kasen could do nothing but lay there, getting a bit nervous when she pulled out a concealed dagger. Before he could protest, he realized what she was doing and closed his mouth. Watching her disguard his armor almost felt... Liberating. It help good in such a bad way.Kasen tilted his head to get a better view of her, not sure what she was doing until her tongue hit his hot skin. He had to admit, the cooling sensation on his skin felt amazing. All he ever knew was heat and fire but the feel of coldness wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.He swallowed hard, tilting his head back a little. It was amazing, no... It was intoxicating, the feeling that over came him. His toes curled slightly, not wanting her to stop, even if it was so... unorthodox but it felt so right. "Mmm," he murmured, wondering if Angels felt the way he was feeling when, or if, they ever had this done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
With the sudden vibration from his simple word, Micah looked up, tilting her head to stare up his body, lips a deep red from having to heal the wound, her tongue flicking out as before to clean any of the blood that would have concealed itself on the edge of her mouth. "Don't be surprised if it makes you feel funny, there are some things about angels that not even you would know about, including our healing properties" not sounding smug more informative as she stroked her hair behind the one pointed ear allowing Kasen to see her working as she returned moving to the bigger part of the wound, tilting her head here and there as if pushing the skin back together occasionally sliding the tip of her tongue into the cut in order to stop the bleeding. Angels were cool creatures, nothing compared to the heat that was coming from Kasen's body, warming Micah’s up considerably so with how close she was, her chest occasionally pressing against his side when she found it necessary to lean closer. It began to strain her neck with not being able to hold something, the angels free hand raising to splay on the demon's chest giving some relief as she sighed and proceeded with her work, pausing every so often to see how things were progressing. Eyes filled with concentration and critical analysis. By no means did Micah do a half job.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No complains over here," he murmured, his eyes closing only half way after he got a good look at her before his head felt heavy again. She truly was amazing. "Graceful but fierce, collected, talented, beaut-" he stopped his thoughts mid track, his eyes opening fully again, staring at the morning sky. He couldn't get the thought of his father's disappointed and angry face out of his mind... At least until he caught a glimpse of her... And yet he still didn't know her name, it bugged him but he would much rather wait until she was done, not wanting to disturb her or his blissfulness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
With one final swipe of her tongue across the reddened wound, happy with the way it had come out. Micah retracted her touch and fell backward to the ground, breathing heavily with how exhausted she felt from the amount of work that had been necessary to fix the wound she'd done. It was healed at least, only a angry red line an indication that Kasen had been hit in the first place. "Done" Micah panted out, rolling onto her side to spit out clumps of dirt and blood that had been taken in by her body during the process of her work, more than happy to rid of it before simply returning to lay down satisfied that she'd done a good job.Bending her legs Micah contemplated just how angry and disappointed her father would be, no doubt he would kill her on sight if she even thought about entering the angel grounds. Things were always complicated but having done the forbidden, healed a demon. Her stay was no longer welcomed at all. Crystal eyes glimmered in the faint light from the sky, staring into nothingness completely relaxed from what she'd done. Her lips were bruised and sore, still... not everything could be un-noticeable.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kasen was almost saddened that it was over, but glad that he was healed nonetheless. He sat up, this time without any trouble or pain at all. He touched his chest and side, a smile creasing his lips. "Amazing," he whispered to himself. It truly was. There was no pain left over and only a thin line where the wounds used to be. Adverting his eyes from his body to hers, he could stop his grin from widening. His insides here on fire although the line of his skin was cool. Growling lowly, he crawled over to her, bringing his face close to her, a little too close. His eyes were only a little bit closed, but he saw her completely. His right hand came up to cup her cheek, his thumb rubbing once over her smooth skin. It was so soft, he felt unworthy to touch her with his rough hands.Before she could object, his lips came to hers swiftly and passionately, his right hand that was on her cheek traveling around to hold the back of her head gently. Her hair was all around his hand now and he didn't want to let go. He kept their lips locked for only a couple moments but it felt like years to him. Kasen didn't want to break it but he had to "Thank you,"