Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Uncomfortable Team Bonding Pt. 2 ( Chapter 77 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They didn't really understand how she was. She used to be happy. But now she is just different. They don't know how to get rid of her either. The friends looked over their shoulders. Sayako stayed close behind them.

"How do we shake her?" Shasha asked. Emmitt shrugged and shook his head. Sayako cocked her head to the side.

"What are you talking about up there?" she asked.

"Nothing!" the siblings shouted. The heiress said nothing. Why did they have to stop at the dead-end caf�?

-Months Ago-

Sayako was in the kitchen feeling sorry for herself.� There wasn't much to do around the cafe. This town was so dead. It might as well be destroyed and forgotten about. She wished that it would. Then where was she going to go? At this rate, anywhere sounded so much better.

"Sayako!" the owner shouted. "Give over and take the customers' order!" Sayako rolled her eyes.

"Coming!" she said. She turned and walked out of the kitchen.

Shasha and Emmitt sat at their table. The girl frowned as she looked around the cafe.

"Not much to look at here, is there?" she asked. Her friend grunted as he nodded. Sayako walked over to their table.

"Good afternoon welcome to the Hole in the Earth. My name is Sayako and I will be your server today," she said. She sounded so bored as she said. Why am I still doing this? Shasha and Emmitt looked at each other as she handed them the menus.

"What would you like to drink?" she asked.

"Spiced rum tea, please?" Shasha said.

"Water," Emmitt said. Sayako wrote down their drink orders.

"Okay, coming up," she said. She turned and walked back to the kitchen. However, something caught her attention as she was walking away.

"So what do we do when we find the Cove?" Emmitt asked. Shasha was quick to shush him. Sayako raised her eyebrow as she walked back to the kitchen. The Cove, huh? Such a thing didn't exist. It was just a story. But what if...?

Sayako was going to have to play it cool to make this work. She was going to have to be nice and charm the pants off of these customers. Otherwise, she was going to be stuck in this town forever. The waitress returned with the pair's drinks.

"Here are you," she said.

"Thanks," Shasha said. Emmitt nodded.

"Have you decided on what you want to eat?" Sayako asked. Boy, she played her game well. After all, these kids were going to be her ticket out of here one way or another. The owner himself started to catch on to something odd. Since when has his only waitress been attentive to the little customers they got?

"What are you planning?" he asked himself. Sayako even had a fake smile on her face.

-Now-

Emmitt looked over his shoulder. That smile put the fear of death in him. He half-expected the fallen heiress to turn around and stab them.

"She scares me," he whispered in Shasha's ear.

"She scares me too," she whispered back.

"What?" the former heiress asked.

"Nothing!" the pair lied. All attempts to separate from her ended in failure. Sayako somehow managed to find them without even trying. So much so that it started to creep out the pair. They didn't seem to know what to do. It didn't help that she still had some expensive tastes either. Emmitt looked over his shoulder again.

"Is she really going to follow us to that place?" Emmitt whispered. Shasha opened her mouth to speak.

"I can hear you guys, you know?" Sayako spoke up behind them. The pair tensed up in front of her.

"It's like I said," the fallen heiress said. "I'm coming with you to this Cove. We agreed to help each out, remember?" Emmitt and Shasha looked at each other uneasily. That clearly wasn't what happened. She wasn't going to listen otherwise.

"Remember?" Sayako asked again.

"Uh... yeah!" Shasha said. "Yeah! Of course!" Emmitt looked at him with panic in his eyes. The former heiress smiled to herself.

"Good, I'm glad we understand each other," she said. Shasha nervously laughed. They needed to get rid of her and fast. The question was how.

Chapter Seventy-Eight: Uncomfortable Team Bonding Pt. 2