Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Poisoning the Cove ( Chapter 88 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Karasu held up two fingers and began to chant. Dark energy began to float up around him. He ignored the snapping and buzzing around his ears. The tips of his fingers began to glow. The blackest light began floating up into the air. A bubble of darkness surrounded him. He didn't react when long black needles pierced his limbs and torso. The man drew open his eyes. His sword started to glow. Black clouds formed above his head.

"Go!" he shouted. His mouth opened wide and a dark fog flew out of it. The snaps and crackles grew louder. With a loud pop, everything went black. The beginning of the end began to unfold. Now, he just had to sit back and watch.

--------

Merci looked out the window when she felt crackling in the air. She froze when she looked out the window.

"What the... What the...?!" she asked. Her heart dropped into her stomach. Merci backed away, shaking her head.

"No..." she said. "No." She whipped her head around when she heard a wailing sound in her head.

"Namu!" she shouted. She turned and ran across the hall. Her brother lay in bed violently trembling. Merci ran over and held him down by the shoulders.

"Namu! Namu! Namu! What's wrong?!" she cried. Tears formed in her eyes as she held him still. The shaking grew worse. Merci lifted her head when something caught her ear. She didn't have to ask what it was. In fact, the low vibrations struck something in her memory. She trembled as she shook her head.

"No... No..." Merci said to herself. It sounded like Namu was choking underneath her. His sister prayed over him as she tried to get him through his fit. What she didn't know was Namu could sense what was coming next too.

-----------

The needles dug deeper into Karasu's body. The whole time he smirked in his mind. He wasn't finished yet. Everyone wasn't in place yet. But it wouldn't be that way for long. She already found a way out. It would only be a matter of time before they all got caught up to him.

The last needle stabbed him in the heart. And now the setup was complete.

Chapter Ninety: Poisoning the Cove: