Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Road of the Dead Redux ( Chapter 89 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They were all starting to get closer. That's when the first drops started to hit.

"What is that smell?" Ryuji asked as he covered his nose. The girls looked up and took a sniff.

"Eww!" Haruko shouted. Kasumi covered her nose as she realized what was happening.

"It's him," she said to herself.

"What?" Hisako asked.

"We have to get out of here," Kasumi said. She started running down the road.

"Kasumi!" the group yelled after her. They started running after her.

-----------

They weren't the only ones seeing this. Sayako covered her nose.

"What the hell is that?" she asked. Her group all covered their noses.

"It smells like something died," Anna complained. Akimi said nothing as she kept walking. Shasha looked at her out of the corner of her eye.

"How can she take this?" Shasha asked under her breath. Emmit shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. The group pushed themselves to keep walking. The smell grew stronger in the air. Sayako just had to look down at her feet. She let out a loud scream. Everyone froze and a half of them about jumped.

"What?!" Emmit asked. The fallen heiress didn't say a word. She looked down at her feet. Against his better judgement, he looked down in the direction she was looking at. All of the color drained from his face.

"What the fuck?!" he shouted. Everyone looked down to see the ground all littered with corpses. Anna and Shasha screamed. The boys didn't know how to handle this. Only Akimi stepped over the bodies without flinching.

Further down the road, Kasumi and her crew were seeing the same thing. Most of the girls flinched as they had to walk over so many bodies.

"How many of them are there?!" Haruko complained. She shivered as she tried not to look down. Kasumi didn't want to answer that question. She pushed herself to keep going. This was only the beginning of the curse. He's gotten better at this. If memory served, there were going to be three more phases to this curse. The woman lifted her head.

"Everyone! Stay by me!" she said. "Don't look down at the bodies. Don't listen to anything that they have to say. We have to keep moving until we reach the end of the road." No one had an easy argument against her words. They all huddled around Kasumi and kept their eyes forward. She walked as she tried to predict what was coming next.

All the while, Karasu chanted to himself.

Chapter Ninety-One: Road of the Dead: